Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Limerick in February!

• 11-01-2016 10:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭

Hi all!

I will be moving to Limerick in February, hopefully!

I'm on an apprenticeship at the moment and i'm required to do 6 months in the Raheen business park.

Apart from the Raheen and Dooradoyle area where is should I be looking for accommodation?

I have been trying the above places with no luck so far.

Also apart from daft.ie where else is worth looking for rooms advertised?

Thanks in advance!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

Do you drive or will you be relying on public transport?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

davo2001 wrote: »
    Do you drive or will you be relying on public transport?

I was hoping to be within walking distance to be honest 20 mins each way or so.

I dont have a car at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Split

Mungret , South Circular Rd or Ballinacurra Rd . Although pretty much all buses go to Raheen. If you find an area ask us here and we can let you know what its like, transport etc . Welcome and enjoy your time in our fine city

Went down to limerick yesterday and view a couple of places.

Decided on a place in The Forts in Dooradoyle :D

brembo26 wrote: »
    Went down to limerick yesterday and view a couple of places.

Decided on a place in The Forts in Dooradoyle :D

Perfect location for you. 10 min walk from door to door. A few lads I was in phase 2 with stayed up around that area too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Enjoy living in Limerick. Visited there last year. Smaller than Dublin though I found it a wonderful place. Some parts are run down just like in the capital. The people are friendly and the view of King John's Castle is beautiful.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,240 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

OP, just in case you aren't aware for the first few days.....when you exit The Forts turn right. At the end of this road turn right again. On your left you can see a concrete fence with a few Industrial units there. Climb over the fence and it's a 3 minute walk to Fas ( or The Limerick Training Centre as it's now known).

Have a look on google maps and it will make more sense.

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    OP, just in case you aren't aware for the first few days.....when you exit The Forts turn right. At the end of this road turn right again. On your left you can see a concrete fence with a few Industrial units there. Climb over the fence and it's a 3 minute walk to Fas ( or The Limerick Training Centre as it's now known).

Have a look on google maps and it will make more sense.

Thanks for the heads up :D

Someone told me about jumping a wall alright but wasnt sure where it was! :o

There's actually an opening in the fence with a trail going up behind the dry cleaners so no need to jump anything. Loads of people use that short cut. Did myself often enough when I worked in the industrial estate.

Advertisement