Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NY car rental at the counter extra insurance

Options
  • 12-01-2016 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭

Go over and back a lot and always rent a car. When at the counter i'm always asked do i want the extra insurance ( something like approx 6-10 dollars extra a day)...

Sometimes i take it and other times i don't, is it a worthwhile extra or is it a waste of money and not much beneficial? Reason i ask i saw something on TV this morning about a car rental company in Italy that did their best of not paying out after a serious accident.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

It's a waste of money if you don't have an accident ;)

But seriously, it's definitely poor value for money because the typical hard sell you get at the counter is a classic indicator that the rental company and probably the counter clerk get a thumping big chunk of your cash as commission.

Advertisement