Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good venues for a pub quiz

Options
  • 12-01-2016 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

So I'm trying to organise a charity fundraiser in February, but since I've not been living in the city long I don't really know the best venues...can anyone suggest a few good places for me to check out? I'm looking for a function room somewhere reasonably central, with a sound system, and ideally somewhere that won't charge me a deposit to reserve the place seeing as how I'm on the dole and therefore broke. :-) In a dream world it would also be somewhere wheelchair accessible but I'm reliably informed that's a tall order so I can live without it if necessary.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

D2 on Harcourt Street seems to be a regular spot for fundraising pub quizzes. Have been to one myself and they gave us our own room. No deposit/fee as far as I am aware. Slightly ashamed to say I have never noticed whether it's wheelchair accessible or not. Buy as a well known city centre venue/hotel I am GUESSING it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Try McGrattans just off Baggot Street, I'm pretty sure the ground floor is all flat, worth giving them a shout anyway

http://www.mcgrattans.ie/default.html

They have a google street view inside for you to check out too, the back area might be perfect
    https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.3385924,-6.2512064,3a,75y,335.14h,72.15t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sGrJO-DszYgIAAAQJKfZ6XQ!2e0!3e2!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Hugo_Whoriskey

Collie D wrote:
    D2 on Harcourt Street seems to be a regular spot for fundraising pub quizzes. Have been to one myself and they gave us our own room. No deposit/fee as far as I am aware. Slightly ashamed to say I have never noticed whether it's wheelchair accessible or not. Buy as a well known city centre venue/hotel I am GUESSING it is.

Used here before for quizzes, they give you the downstairs area. They look after you with free finger food etc for people, sound system in place and very helpful staff. Don't think the downstairs is wheelchair accessible however, otherwise I'd recommend it. If the room is totally full a few of the tables are distant and have poor line of sight to the rest of the room, but that may not be an issue either.

Advertisement