Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foxes in Dublin

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

pablo128 wrote: »
    About 20 years ago I was very much surprised to see a fox on Dorset street on a night out.

I often see a fox passing my house in Tallaght at night though.

Was he/she all dressed up? :D
    John_Rambo wrote: »
    Seals, dolphins, otters, badgers, foxes are wild animals, they're fantastic to see and be around. But, they can be unpredictable when cornered or if they think they're threatened.

I'd love to know how you corner a dolphin!
    Probably the same few, there's a leash of foxes that do the rounds between Cork St, Donore Ave, Clanbrassil St and SCR. I think they live either in the back of Scoil Treasa Naofa or in St. Teresa's Church on Donore Avenue. They're getting braver, you'd normally used to see them after around 3am whereas these days I've seen them on my road (Sandford Ave) as early as 9pm last week!

There are definitely some in Scoil Treasa and they're quite brazen. One of them stood and looked at me the other night as I was passing quite close.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Selfheal

I'm not pleased with my local fox. Normally I'm delighted if I see them around but recently two hedgehogs took up residence in my garden in Shankill, and I was giving them a little bit of cat food (Hills cat pellets)every few days to help them out. Then all of a sudden the fox swings on to this, comes into the garden (first time ever spotted in our almost 100%enclosed garden and hedgehog No. 1 disappears. Then a week later, hedgehog No. 2 is gone. Last spotted scuttling across the road in front of our house, followed by the fox circling around him a couple of yards distant. Since then, no further sightings but I have been googling and apparently urban foxes will do for hedgehogs. Only myself to blame I suppose, but it really gave me a lot of pleasure having those two hedgehogs in my garden, and able to watch them coming out for their snack of cat pellets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Was he/she all dressed up? :D

He/she was rooting in a bin when I saw him/her!:D

Advertisement