Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish army defence forces recruitment 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 clmbrgn96

Alright that'll do Ladd thanks for your help ðŸ‘.

Wonder why we didn't have to do that then so 😅 must make enquiries

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Darrenm4737

Got my email from the army this morning letting me know I passed the fitness test and the interview and that I move on to the next stage of the competition. Just letting ye know that they are sending them out now ðŸ‘

Got my email from the army this morning letting me know I passed the fitness test and the interview and that I move on to the next stage of the competition. Just letting ye know that they are sending them out now ðŸ‘

Well done lad!... They didn't take too long to get back to ya

clmbrgn96 wrote: »
    Well done lad!... They didn't take too long to get back to ya

Sound bud .. Yeah thank god sick of waiting knew I did pretty well like id say if you feel it went well it probably did

Sound bud .. Yeah thank god sick of waiting knew I did pretty well like id say if you feel it went well it probably did

Fingers crossed... Did they mention the medical or anything in the email?

• Advertisement

Fingers crossed... Did they mention the medical or anything in the email?

They said I just move on to the next stage of the competition any idea what that is

They said I just move on to the next stage of the competition any idea what that is

As far as i know they will give you a date for a medical exam i think they're all done in briccins hospital in Dublin... (I think anyway)

They will test your eyes, ears lung capacity etc. Etc. And blood and urine tests

As far as i know they will give you a date for a medical exam i think they're all done in briccins hospital in Dublin... (I think anyway)

They will test your eyes, ears lung capacity etc. Etc. And blood and urine tests

And if you pass that are you just waiting for a date to start then ?

And if you pass that are you just waiting for a date to start then ?

Yeah just wait for an offer then...

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Terry09

Got my email week ago passed interview and fitness waiting on medical now

• Advertisement

Terry09 wrote: »
    Got my email week ago passed interview and fitness waiting on medical now

If you pass the medical are you basically in ?

If you pass the medical are you basically in ?

Yes I will be there waiting on vetting form to come back to give the go ahead for the medicals to start there is two plantoons for limerick and cork soon

Yes I will be there waiting on vetting form to come back to give the go ahead for the medicals to start there is two plantoons for limerick and cork soon

Well done lad... When you do your interview?

Well done lad... When you do your interview?

27th of June did you hear back yet ?

27th of June did you hear back yet ?

No, but im thinking they're maybe doing first brigade first? I did my interview last Monday in athlone 4th July.

No, but im thinking they're maybe doing first brigade first? I did my interview last Monday in athlone 4th July.

Yah you be waiting at least 20 days before they get back onto you I work for the reserve in Collins barracks 5th battery we've been told that the reserve where giving points for the interview stage

Jake_98 wrote: »
    Fingers crossed you do pal, did you apply for cork as well as the curragh?

Nah just the curragh lad... Yeah hopefully i will get word some time next week maybe lads but who knows...

Nah just the curragh lad... Yeah hopefully i will get word some time next week maybe lads but who knows...

Good luck hope you get on good bud

Good luck hope you get on good bud

Did you lads apply for both cork and curragh or?

Did you lads apply for both cork and curragh or?

Cork but you do your training in curragh I'm from cork so I wood love to get based down here but not happening unfortunately 😂

• Advertisement

Cork but you do your training in curragh I'm from cork so I wood love to get based down here but not happening unfortunately 😂

Im from Donegal so im in a similar situation lad...

Many people were at the fitness tests and interview when you were there? There was only 13 at mine

Im from Donegal so im in a similar situation lad...

Many people were at the fitness tests and interview when you were there? There was only 13 at mine
    Over 300 in one day in cork when I was there and next day another 100 majority won't get in this year it will be panels set out for next year

Over 300 in one day in cork when I was there and next day another 100 majority won't get in this year it will be panels set out for next year

Wtf!? How they get through 300 in one day? How many even applied this year i never heard? Must have had a lot of interview boards that day :0

Wtf!? How they get through 300 in one day? How many even applied this year i never heard? Must have had a lot of interview boards that day :0

Yah when I came in that morning I new few the lads doing the fitness test and they told me 90 didn't bother coming up and there was loads failing the fitness test sure yah collins barracks is huge sure there was 5 boards for interviews

Yah when I came in that morning I new few the lads doing the fitness test and they told me 90 didn't bother coming up and there was loads failing the fitness test sure yah collins barracks is huge sure there was 5 boards for interviews

Even still :0 2 out of the 13 failed the fitness test on the situps....

The waiting is annoying as **** haha

Even still :0 2 out of the 13 failed the fitness test on the situps....

The waiting is annoying as **** haha

They even have to cut people.out of the interviews aswell cause to many applying haha I waited 1 year and 2 months for a vetting form they said to come back which was bull**** they didn't have the money from the government to take more of us in but now the PDF is probably gonna be the same slow process

They even have to cut people.out of the interviews aswell cause to many applying haha I waited 1 year and 2 months for a vetting form they said to come back which was bull**** they didn't have the money from the government to take more of us in but now the PDF is probably gonna be the same slow process

Vetting form took over a year? Wtf...

I know a guy who did his medical and passed in December and don't think he's heard from them since! It can be very very slow...

Vetting form took over a year? Wtf...

I know a guy who did his medical and passed in December and don't think he's heard from them since! It can be very very slow...

Yah it's a joke tbh it's not structured out right and they need to fix it up yah I've friend that done it last year and he's only starting in September or November joke.

Yah it's a joke tbh it's not structured out right and they need to fix it up yah I've friend that done it last year and he's only starting in September or November joke.

Kinda surprised you heard back so fast from them :0

I cant understand how a vetting form could take that long

• Advertisement

Kinda surprised you heard back so fast from them :0

I cant understand how a vetting form could take that long

They could be taking alot more on for this year so could be that and the form should only take month to come max I've been told by the department in turles

Advertisement