Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish army defence forces recruitment 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 PaddyB870

Has anyone got any word about Medical yet? Did my fitness test and interview in cork on the 21st of July and received an email the next morning telling me I passed both

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Terry09

PaddyB870 wrote: »
    Has anyone got any word about Medical yet? Did my fitness test and interview in cork on the 21st of July and received an email the next morning telling me I passed both

Waiting on medical myself be month or longer for them to given out

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Tommf

Had my interview last Friday but was told won't hear anything for few weeks now

• Registered Users Posts: 7 coll19

Jake_98 wrote: »
    Fingers crossed you do pal, did you apply for cork as well as the curragh?

Has anyone done their interview for the Navy and heard back yet if ye have passed/failed?

They told us if it's bad news you'll hear in a couple of days, and it'll take few weeks for them to tell us we passed so wouldn't stress over it lad

• Advertisement

Tommf wrote: »
    They told us if it's bad news you'll hear in a couple of days, and it'll take few weeks for them to tell us we passed so wouldn't stress over it lad

Yeah I had my interview on Friday so Hopefully fingers crossed I pass it. Done it before in 2012 but failed the interview

coll19 wrote: »
    Yeah I had my interview on Friday so Hopefully fingers crossed I pass it. Done it before in 2012 but failed the interview

Yea same as that was so nervous man lol

If you don't hear back within 3 weeks you will get bad news lads

Terry09 wrote: »
    If you don't hear back within 3 weeks you will get bad news lads

Why do you think that?

Tommf wrote: »
    Why do you think that?

I've friends who work in the recruitment section they told me

• Advertisement

Terry09 wrote: »
    I've friends who work in the recruitment section they told me

Oh well fingers crossed I hear something before then!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Dantian

Sorry lads, does this incude the cadetship as well do ye know? Waiting on interview results, and sick with dread waiting for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭John Mongo

Folks, I really wouldn't put too much weight in anyone spreading rumours, especially with anything along the lines of "My friend told me" as part of it.

Just try be patient.

Has anyone heard anything bout the navy interview if ye have past or failed?

Got an email this morning saying I passed all stages of competition for navy, put on a panel for 2017 recruit class, but they don't actually know when it starts so, wait now till next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 19patrick94

Got an email today too, saying I'd passed all the stages of the competition. Says I've been put on a panel for vacancies in 2016 and 2017 with medicals in October. Wonder how long we'll be waiting after the medicals?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Ciaran.m

Got an email from the Navy 2 days ago saying that i was sucessfull in all the processes so far and that i am placed on a panel for 2017 but could be contacted sooner if some other platoons need to be filled. Also passed the Army fitness & interview so they should contact me soon hopefully...did anyone get an invitation to the Army medical yet? (For 2016 applicants)

Ciaran.m wrote: »
    Got an email from the Navy 2 days ago saying that i was sucessfull in all the processes so far and that i am placed on a panel for 2017

Did your email say you're on a panel for 2016 and 2017, or just 2017?

Patrick- yeah man the email said that im on the panel for 2017 what about yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 clmbrgn96

Passed fitness test and interview on 4th July as well. Not too sure when medicals will start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 AJ mac

How do you know if you'll have to RE-sit your psychometric test? I done mine online and passed my fitness/interview a month later, wasn't told anything in the email just that I'll be informed at a later date?

Anyone else in the same position, that has done this and gone straight from interview-medical without a re-sit?

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

According to the defence forces Facebook page ... Anyone who applied in 2016 more than likely won't be doing Medical till the end of this year and won't be inducted till 2017 sometime.
    Some dose waiting but hold on lads and lasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭SeanD123

Stripmymind- did you find that out by messaging the page or was it on a post?

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

SeanD123 wrote: »
    Stripmymind- did you find that out by messaging the page or was it on a post?

It's a question popping up all the time on the page and the mods reply with "only people up for Medicals and inductions are people who applied in 2015. That the lines of us won't be until next year at the earliest.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭SeanD123

Hopefully some of us get called for the november intakes

Ciaran.m wrote: »
    Patrick- yeah man the email said that im on the panel for 2017 what about yourself?

Ah right. Mine said I'm on a panel for 2016 and 2017. Hoping that means I might be starting this year.

Did anyone else who applied for the navy get told your medical will be in October?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JoeO27

Lads any idea when we'll hear about the next stage of the competition?

JoeO27 wrote: »
    Lads any idea when we'll hear about the next stage of the competition?

Dont have a clue bud, the DF recruitment page on FB told me that our medicals will be starting after the 2015 potential recruits get theirs done. I think they are done theirs sometime mid september but i cant be certain but hopefully we will get notified by the end of next month.

• Advertisement

Lads that applied for the 1st BRIGADE (2016 comp) check yer emails..got an email tday saying i have my medical on the 19th of october, let me know when ye have yours.

Advertisement