Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish army defence forces recruitment 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Fionn789

Floody1997 wrote: »
    You 2016 or 17

2016 I have been waiting nearly 2 years like

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Floody1997

Fionn789 wrote: »
    I'm ragein

Stop man if I don't get an email soon I'm gonna ****ing explode

Stop man if I don't get an email soon I'm gonna ****ing explode

Same lad it's just absolutely ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭SimonLafferty2

Hi lads , I just received an email with my offer for 2nd of October in athlone .

Are you 2016-17?

Same lad it's just absolutely ****e

Ah lads I feel for yous that's unreal now

• Advertisement

Hi lads , I just received an email with my offer for 2nd of October in athlone .

When did you get put on a panel lad just so I know roughly where they are along the panel

Early days yet I'll try keep my cool they could still be emailing for a few days

When did you get put on a panel lad just so I know roughly where they are along the panel

I got told in January lad if it's any use to ye

I'd defintely email them lads because the just attach names of people but some people might not accept offer so you's could be called

At least they are moving along they could have more places soon too you never know

• Advertisement

I got told in January lad if it's any use to ye

Yea lad it is I got told in may I was on a panel. Ffs this is the worst first impression of the army like...

At least they are moving along they could have more places soon too you never know

When you have been waiting this long man you never know it's like the couldn't give a **** about there applicants

When you have been waiting this long man you never know it's like the couldn't give a **** about there applicants

Yeah it's a joke alright for yous all, but hopefully this is the start and they get a few platoons inducted this year, wonder when that lad was told he was on a panel

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Paddyc99

yesssss

Dear Patrick,

Re: 2017 Army General Service Recruitment

I am directed by the Chief of Staff to again refer to your application to for the General Service Recruitment Competition 2017. I am pleased to state that you have been successful in selection for enlistment as a result of this competition.

You are hereby requested to respond to this email, indicating whether you wish to Accept or Decline this Defence Forces offer, not later than 1200hrs (i.e. 12am) on the morning of Wednesday 20 September 2017. Please be advised that should you not indicate any response by this time, it will be understood that you are no longer interested in the Defence Forces as a career.

It is presently planned to induct those successful applicants who accept the offer within the above time limit, on Monady 02 October 2017, at Custume barracks, Athlone (at which members of your family may attend, if you wish). Further details regarding same will be furnished to you subject to receipt of your acceptance email, as outlined above.

If you have any further queries in relation to this offer, please contact this office on 045 49 2553

Congratulations in advance, and we look forward to your timely response.

Yours sincerely,

Recruitment and Competitions
    Defence Forces HQ
    Station Road
    Newbridge

Paddyc99 wrote: »
    yesssss

Dear Patrick,

I am directed by the Chief of Staff to again refer to your application to for the General Service Recruitment Competition 2017. I am pleased to state that you have been successful in selection for enlistment as a result of this competition.

You are hereby requested to respond to this email, indicating whether you wish to Accept or Decline this Defence Forces offer, not later than 1200hrs (i.e. 12am) on the morning of Wednesday 20 September 2017. Please be advised that should you not indicate any response by this time, it will be understood that you are no longer interested in the Defence Forces as a career.

It is presently planned to induct those successful applicants who accept the offer within the above time limit, on Monady 02 October 2017, at Custume barracks, Athlone (at which members of your family may attend, if you wish). Further details regarding same will be furnished to you subject to receipt of your acceptance email, as outlined above.

If you have any further queries in relation to this offer, please contact this office on 045 49 2553

Yours sincerely,

Defence Forces HQ
    Station Road
    Newbridge
    Congratulations man :)

yesssss

Dear Patrick,

Yours sincerely,

Defence Forces HQ
    Station Road
    Newbridge
    Last thing you care about now pal but when we're you told you were on a panel so these 2016 lads know where they stand some way?

Last thing you care about now pal but when we're you told you were on a panel so these 2016 lads know where they stand some way?

I was never told i was on any panel man that is the first email I got after my medical.

I was never told i was on any panel man that is the first email I got after my medical.

Fair play to you, are you a 2016 ?

Fair play to you, are you a 2016 ?

Thanks man and no I'm 2017

I'm a 2017 too, did they ask you for Garda vetting?

• Advertisement

Early days yet I'll try keep my cool they could still be emailing for a few days

Email them for sure man 2017 lads been taken on

What date did you do your medical lad

I'm a 2017 too, did they ask you for Garda vetting?

I did my garda vetting and army vetting months ago before the fitness tests.

What date did you do your medical lad

Did it 31st of July this year.

Did it 31st of July this year.

Confusing how the 2017 is before 2016 people on panels hopefully I get an offer soon gives me some hope that you were called

Confusing how the 2017 is before 2016 people on panels hopefully I get an offer soon gives me some hope that you were called

Yah I know man, I've been emailing them a lot.

I'm not happy this is a joke

I'm not happy this is a joke

It is some joke is right I wonder was that first Ella who posted 16 or 17

Yah I know man, I've been emailing them a lot.

I applied in 2016 and I've been flat out emailing and messaging the FB page and then they pull this. Seems like they've just forgotten about us

• Advertisement

I applied in 2016 and I've been flat out emailing and messaging the FB page and then they pull this. Seems like they've just forgotten about us

I'll be ringing tomorrow lad get some clear answers

Advertisement