Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish army defence forces recruitment 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Fionn789

What's the last thing all you were told anyway?

That I'm on a panel for upcoming induction and this lad didn't even get that email no offence to him happy days he got in but I have been sitting here waiting for nearly 2 years this lad probably applied in February this year it's just not fair I need to get on with my life like

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭SimonLafferty2

Fionn789 wrote: »
    That I'm on a panel for upcoming induction and this lad didn't even get that email no offence to him happy days he got in but I have been sitting here waiting for nearly 2 years this lad probably applied in February this year it's just not fair I need to get on with my life like

Are you working or what you at ? Yeah call tomorrow see where your st cause it's not on too long of a wait I know several people through the years gone to the army and never heard of a wait like the wait yous have been

Are you working or what you at ? Yeah call tomorrow see where your st cause it's not on too long of a wait I know several people through the years gone to the army and never heard of a wait like the wait yous have been

At sweet **** all

At sweet **** all

Your head be melted wouldn't it

Your head be melted wouldn't it

Yea ringing them tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Danoboy93

hey guys i got my email from them im 2016 and ive to go athlone monday 2nd october

Dear Daniel,

Re: *2016 General Service Army 2 Brigade Dublin / Curragh Interview Centre (Permanent Defence Force)*

I am directed by the Chief of Staff to again refer to your application to for the General Service Recruitment Competition 2016/2017. I am pleased to state that you have been successful in selection for enlistment as a result of this competition.

You are hereby requested to respond to this email, indicating whether you wish to Accept or Decline this Defence Forces offer, not later than 1200hrs (i.e. 12am) on the morning of Wednesday 20 September 2017. Please be advised that should you not indicate any response by this time, it will be understood that you are no longer interested in the Defence Forces as a career.

It is presently planned to induct those successful applicants who accept the offer within the above time limit, on Monady 02 October 2017, at Custume barracks, Athlone (at which members of your family may attend, if you wish). Further details regarding same will be furnished to you subject to receipt of your acceptance email, as outlined above.

If you have any further queries in relation to this offer, please contact this office on 045 49 2553

Congratulations in advance, and we look forward to your timely response.

Yours sincerely,

Manpower Office
    2 Bde
    Cathal Brugha Bks
    Rathmines
    Dublin 6

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Floody1997

Danoboy93 wrote: »
    hey guys i got my email from them im 2016 and ive to go athlone monday 2nd october

Congrats pal what time did you get that at? And when did you do your medical?

Yea man must be happy days there 👌ðŸ»

I got the email at 10.07 1 hour ago and I did my fitness last year in april did medical back in july

• Advertisement

I got the email at 10.07 1 hour ago and I did my fitness last year in april did medical back in july

What letter does your second name begin with

Maher is my last name man

Did my medical in December hope they haven't forgotten about me hahaha

Lads when yee did your medical did any you do yours in June they didnt forget u bro my mate lives with me he passed everything he didnt hear back yet

Lads when yee did your medical did any you do yours in June they didnt forget u bro my mate lives with me he passed everything he didnt hear back yet

I did my medical 24th of April 2017 so I dunno how that will go

• Registered Users Posts: 45 clmbrgn96

Where do you lads who got offers live? I hope they're not selecting people based on where the platoons are starting training...

• Registered Users Posts: 45 RoryMcGrath92

I'm not happy this is a joke

I'm 2016 turned 25 if I don't get called soon I'll crack

• Registered Users Posts: 45 RoryMcGrath92

Just everyone who gets an offer post it, I'm 2016 like half of this forum and it'd be good not to be kept in the dark cheers lads 💪

Just everyone who gets an offer post it, I'm 2016 like half of this forum and it'd be good not to be kept in the dark cheers lads 💪

When you turn 25 lad ? I'm in same boat but I'm 2017 applicant

clmbrgn96 wrote: »
    Where do you lads who got offers live? I hope they're not selecting people based on where the platoons are starting training...

That could right well be it , where are you from and you didn't get an offer uet

• Advertisement

Did she of yous ring up ?

Did she of yous ring up ?

I rang up there so I did he couldn't tell me why someone in 2017 comp got ahead of me but he told me that they are putting a big rush on recruitment now and that everyone from 2016 will be hearing soon but he couldn't tell me when and all that I just dunno I asked him if the offers for athlone are still going out he said he thinks there all sent out already

I rang up there so I did he couldn't tell me why someone in 2017 comp got ahead of me but he told me that they are putting a big rush on recruitment now and that everyone from 2016 will be hearing soon but he couldn't tell me when and all that I just dunno I asked him if the offers for athlone are still going out he said he thinks there all sent out already

Some else should call and see what they say if it's the same

Absolute piss take boys

Floody1997 wrote: »
    Absolute piss take boys

Ring yourself man if they get a few calls it could sort something

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Daniel.Smith

Who ever runs the recruitment should be sacked, it's complete ****e

Too right pal it's backwards

If anyone rings lemme know

If anyone rings lemme know

I'll ring later on pal, just in work at the moment.

• Advertisement

It goes to show things are done strangely there

Advertisement