Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish army defence forces recruitment 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 mr16as

Ciaran.m wrote: »
    Tell him not to worry i think it wont effect his results.ah i see did you see a guy there called paddy briggs he did his today also and he only had a checkup as he is in the reserves. I have mine on wednesday man

I saw him alright wasn't talking to him tho! There was 14 of us there for checkups! Best of luck lad!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 PaddyB870

Shouldn't be too long now lads, the next email we get should be for enlistment, happy out!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Ciaran.m

mr16as wrote: »
    I saw him alright wasn't talking to him tho! There was 14 of us there for checkups! Best of luck lad!

Thanks alot bud ill need all the luck in ireland im absolutely ****ting it haha.

PaddyB870 wrote: »
    Shouldn't be too long now lads, the next email we get should be for enlistment, happy out!

Never knew you were on boards man haha, do they not give us an email stating weather we passed or not? (Not the rdf guys as they have only a checkup) but the guys who have blood tests?

As far as I know the only email you should get if you pass is one saying either you are on a panel for enlistment in the future or else an offer of employment, If you fail you'll get an email saying so, as far as I know anyways

As far as I know the only email you should get if you pass is one saying either you are on a panel for enlistment in the future or else an offer of employment, If you fail you'll get an email saying so, as far as I know anyways

Yeah i think your right on that lad, i doubt much would fail the blood test so as long as you pass everything on the day you basically know your through. Galway platoon is next anyway so idsay the remainder of the 2015 lads will be put there

• Registered Users Posts: 3 RhodeRunner96

I have my medical on Monday morning. Hopefully it goes well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 john43

anyone on this have medical on wednesday the 19th of this month?

I have my medical on Monday morning. Hopefully it goes well.

How did you get on lad?

• Advertisement

john43 wrote: »
    anyone on this have medical on wednesday the 19th of this month?

Yeah john ill be in on the 19th man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Danoboy93

anyone 2nd brigade get medicals yet

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭SeanD123

Danoboy93 wrote: »
    anyone 2nd brigade get medicals yet

Yeah I did

hey sean were you athlone or a different barracks

Danoboy93 wrote: »
    hey sean were you athlone or a different barracks

Hey, I was Cathal Brugha Barracks in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Bogdan91

Does anyone know what happens if you haven't got your documents for immunisation for the medical on the day??

• Advertisement

Bogdan91 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what happens if you haven't got your documents for immunisation for the medical on the day??

I dont have them either in the email it didnt say to bring them documents for me. But a buddy of mine brought all his and they didnt even ask him for it so idsay its fine. When is your medical?

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

I dont have them either in the email it didnt say to bring them documents for me. But a buddy of mine brought all his and they didnt even ask him for it so idsay its fine. When is your medical?

Just to reassure you, you DO NOT need your immunisation records so u can chill out haha . Just bring you're ID and proof of your email.

thank you sean for writing back im athlone 2nd brigade

Ye done my medical this morning ya don't need the documents for immunisation , just a lot of paper work and test but everythin is straight forward 👌

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Kitessa87

Did my interview and fitness test in Collins barracks last week walked the fitness test and feel i did well in the interview anyone have any idea when you'll here anything or has anyone heard anything ?

Is the interview very hard, did thay question you a lot ? I got my test and interview in Curragh Camp dated at 5 th November.
    Cheers for any advise

• Advertisement

Kitessa87 wrote: »
    Is the interview very hard, did thay question you a lot ? I got my test and interview in Curragh Camp dated at 5 th November.
    Cheers for any advise

It's handy enough, just keep talking, the topics you should have gotten in your email, teamwork motivation and working under pressure, prepare what you're going to say for the above topics, all they're looking for is that you can hold a smart conversation and talk about the topics, present yourself well ie wear a suit, be clean shaven, get a haircut etc, best of luck!

Cheers for any advise

Nah the interview is very simple the dont question you loads but when they question you make your answers long. For example if the say do you play sport dont just answer "yes" say what sports you do and keep talking about em. They love people who do sports. Most of all look nice,wear a suit, look respectable and most of all act respectable you will pass with ease if you go in confident and have very good manners.

All the best with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Kitessa87

It's handy enough, just keep talking, the topics you should have gotten in your email, teamwork motivation and working under pressure, prepare what you're going to say for the above topics, all they're looking for is that you can hold a smart conversation and talk about the topics, present yourself well ie wear a suit, be clean shaven, get a haircut etc, best of luck!

Thanks for that man. Appreciate that much. Any special tips for women ;) ? I hope they don't ask for Ireland history or history of barracks etc.
    It big challenge for me here so I want to have everything prepared on tip top.
    Do you mind asking you one more question ?
    Did you meet many foreign people applying/attending for test/interview.
    I am not Irish and wondering if that is always kinda mixed or it's rare.
    Cheers

Thanks for that man. Appreciate that much. Any special tips for women ;) ? I hope they don't ask for Ireland history or history of barracks etc.
    It big challenge for me here so I want to have everything prepared on tip top.
    Do you mind asking you one more question ?
    Did you meet many foreign people applying/attending for test/interview.
    I am not Irish and wondering if that is always kinda mixed or it's rare.
    Cheers

When I did myne there was some non Irish but that doesn't make any difference, everyone's the same so don't worry :)

I heard from a current recruit in collins bks that there will be 88 recruits being inducted in early january to cork. If this is true then its great because i never heard of 2 platoons being took in at once and so that will be most of the 1st bde that will be stationed there.

Does anyone know how long it takes for medial results to be sent out ?

Does anyone know how long it takes for medial results to be sent out ?

I dont think they send the results out but if you hear nothing within 3 weeks that means you passed

I dont think they send the results out but if you hear nothing within 3 weeks that means you passed

Okay cheers bud

• Registered Users Posts: 45 RoryMcGrath92

anyone do the fitness in cathal brugh in aug?, want to see when the medical dates will be out as i havent got mine yet, i was yer man in the captain america top hahaha

Will there's be any more intakes this year ?

• Advertisement

Will there's be any more intakes this year ?

Renmore barracks galway, november 14th. I think its only for 2015 lads tho.

Renmore barracks galway, november 14th. I think its only for 2015 lads tho.

If they haven't enough people to fill the platoon they'll call people from 2016 competition they said

If they haven't enough people to fill the platoon they'll call people from 2016 competition they said

Yeah your right idsay theres a handfull from 2015 left. You and a few of the reserves might be put in first would ye? And they must have the garda vetting done by now yeah?

If you fail the medical when would you usually be notified in the first week after the medical is done or bit longer?

Anyone know what the eyesight requirements are?

If you fail the medical when would you usually be notified in the first week after the medical is done or bit longer?

If they dont call and say you have failed within 3 weeks of completing the medical you are all clear. They wont be sending emails if you pass. You will get called if you fail bud

SeanD123 wrote: »
    Anyone know what the eyesight requirements are?

"Eyesight must be surgically
    untreated and colour vision
    must be normal. Both eyes
    must be free from disfiguring
    or incapacitating abnormality
    and free from acute or
    chronic disease. There must
    be no evidence of squint or
    latent squint. Applicants who
    have had previous incisional
    or laser treatment to correct
    visual acuity are excluded
    from eligibility.
    Vision must be not
    less than 6/18 in
    each eye, corrected
    to not less than 6/6
    in one eye and 6/9
    in the other" (army requirements, different brances have different requirments but this is the army one)

Thats what i digged up, hope it helps man.

"Eyesight must be surgically
    untreated and colour vision
    must be normal. Both eyes
    must be free from disfiguring
    or incapacitating abnormality
    and free from acute or
    chronic disease. There must
    be no evidence of squint or
    latent squint. Applicants who
    have had previous incisional
    or laser treatment to correct
    visual acuity are excluded
    from eligibility.
    Vision must be not
    less than 6/18 in
    each eye, corrected
    to not less than 6/6
    in one eye and 6/9
    in the other" (army requirements, different brances have different requirments but this is the army one)

Thats what i digged up, hope it helps man.

That's great, thanks!

That's great, thanks!

Anytime man, whens your medical and are you 1 or 2bde?

• Advertisement

Anytime man, whens your medical and are you 1 or 2bde?

I'm 2 brigade, medical is 10th of November , wby?

I'm 2 brigade, medical is 10th of November , wby?

Done my medical on october 19th..anyone get an offer for galway?

I'm from Galway so I'm really hoping to get an offer from Galway, nothing yet so far

Anyone get any offers?

Anyone get any offers?

Not much 2016 lads will be took to galway, only a few of em so the majority of us will be took in febuary 16th.(cork).

Cork is 1st brigade ye?

• Advertisement

Cork is 1st brigade ye?

Yeah man, are you 1bde?

Yeah man, are you 1bde?

No 2nd brigade so I could be waiting a while bud

No 2nd brigade so I could be waiting a while bud

Ah i see, i wish i could tell you the next 2bde intake but im clueless myself but hopefully early in the new year. Did you do your medical? I heard theres a good few from 2bde still waiting.

Ah i see, i wish i could tell you the next 2bde intake but im clueless myself but hopefully early in the new year. Did you do your medical? I heard theres a good few from 2bde still waiting.

Ye done my medical on 19th september , hopefully sometime in January or February 👌

Ye done my medical on 19th september , hopefully sometime in January or February 👌

Yeah you should hear something by febuary, all the best

• Advertisement
Advertisement