Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish army defence forces recruitment 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Ricketcricket

Any lads applying smoke? Just out of curiosity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Danoboy93

You'll get it after the date they gave yous to accept like the deadline

How do you know man

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Floody1997

Any lads applying smoke? Just out of curiosity
    What does applying smoke mean bro?

Floody1997 wrote: »
    I was just wondering if anyone smokes who's going in, tried quitting but it just gets the better of me haha

I was just wondering if anyone smokes who's going in, tried quitting but it just gets the better of me haha
    Ah right yeah i was flat out on them up until the medical back in December but I decided to take my training seriously and give them up for good. Save some amount of moola being off them lad

• Advertisement

Ah right yeah i was flat out on them up until the medical back in December but I decided to take my training seriously and give them up for good. Save some amount of moola being off them lad
    Did you smoke during your medical? Like on the day and all? Just wondering for the lung test

Did you smoke during your medical? Like on the day and all? Just wondering for the lung test
    Soon as it was finished i went out for a smoke haha, was bricking it thinking I'd failed the lung test. Feel a million times better since I gave them up bro, should really look into giving them up full time

Soon as it was finished i went out for a smoke haha, was bricking it thinking I'd failed the lung test. Feel a million times better since I gave them up bro, should really look into giving them up full time
    haha did you find the lung test hard? I reckon once I get the email giving me a date for the medical I think I'll have some motivation to quit you know? As of now smoking is the only way to pass time until I get an email haha

haha did you find the lung test hard? I reckon once I get the email giving me a date for the medical I think I'll have some motivation to quit you know? As of now smoking is the only way to pass time until I get an email haha
    Nah it's grand lad as long as your not a fat out of shape slob of a lad ye should be grand, hearing is what most of the lads that I did it with failed on so watch out for that bro.

Nah it's grand lad as long as your not a fat out of shape slob of a lad ye should be grand, hearing is what most of the lads that I did it with failed on so watch out for that bro.
    Let myself go a bit since the fitness test but not too out of shape I hope haha yeah the hearing test I'm dreading, is it a frequency test? Do you need to get full score to pass it?

• Advertisement

Let myself go a bit since the fitness test but not too out of shape I hope haha yeah the hearing test I'm dreading, is it a frequency test? Do you need to get full score to pass it?
    yeah it's a frequency test but im not sure what score you've to get. Youll be grand bro i didn't find it hard.

yeah it's a frequency test but im not sure what score you've to get. Youll be grand bro i didn't find it hard.
    I work around loud machinery in work but hopefully it'll be alright, if I ever get a date!

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭SimonLafferty2

Danoboy93 wrote: »
    How do you know man

I know lots of people went through the process

• Registered Users Posts: 31 KazzieLou

Your all wasting your time ringing and emailing them I'm from 2014 and I'm still waiting been told for the past year I'll be called and to be patient but nothing. I've gave up now

KazzieLou wrote: »
    Your all wasting your time ringing and emailing them I'm from 2014 and I'm still waiting been told for the past year I'll be called and to be patient but nothing. I've gave up now
    How can you be from 2014 and only be waiting a year?

How can you be from 2014 and only be waiting a year?

I've been waiting three years but in the past year half gotten more inpatient, they say the want females more then men, I have passed everything and gotten all clear and still nothing. So best of luck to all if yee

I've been waiting three years but in the past year half gotten more inpatient, they say the want females more then men, I have passed everything and gotten all clear and still nothing. So best of luck to all if yee

I'd be ringing and demanding answers if that's the case 3 years is not normal amount of time to be waiting and all the people they have recruited since pal

• Registered Users Posts: 16 keego1798

did they actually tell u they want more women? if that's the case that's a bloody disgrace. If ye still want it u could try getting on to your local TD, and see what they could do

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Fionn789

Lad get on the phone to them

Story with you Keego? Were you lucky enough to get an offer for Athlone?

• Advertisement

Story with you lad? Were you lucky enough to get an offer for Athlone?

keego1798 wrote: »
    did they actually tell u they want more women? if that's the case that's a bloody disgrace. If ye still want it u could try getting on to your local TD, and see what they could do

Yeah they told me that's there's a higher demand for women and if they can get them they'll be taking in. Not that many go for it.

I'd be ringing and demanding answers if that's the case 3 years is not normal amount of time to be waiting and all the people they have recruited since pal

Been at them for the last 3 years and I'm still getting the same awnsers. You get no where with them

Fionn789 wrote: »
    Lad get on the phone to them

I have been and still the same awnsers just be patient and there doing the best they can. I've given up on it all.

keego1798 wrote: »

Yeah they told me that's there's a higher demand for women and if they can get them they'll be taking in. Not that many go for it.
    Cant believe you've been waiting since 2014, there must've been something important gone missing in their files or some bollox like that

Cant believe you've been waiting since 2014, there must've been something important gone missing in their files or some bollox like that

There some **** up anyway.

There some **** up anyway.
    Would you not go to the barracks and try talk face to face to get some answers? Clearly nothing left to lose by this point, seems like they've forgotten about ye unfortunately

Try anything man because 2014 is too long to be waiting, what age were you when you applied

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

KazzieLou I'm not saying you are lying but you are definitely incorrect in some of the things you are saying.

Anyone from the recruitment drive in 2014 that was not inducted was advised they would have to begin the process again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 keego1798

Story with you Keego? Were you lucky enough to get an offer for Athlone?

Nah man , been ringing up for the last year , different story every time, so asked the local td to look into it, there is nothing else I can really do at this stage

Advertisement