Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish army defence forces recruitment 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Floody1997

keego1798 wrote: »
    Floody1997 wrote: »
    Story with you Keego? Were you lucky enough to get an offer for Athlone?

Nah man , been ringing up for the last year , different story every time, so asked the local td to look into it, there is nothing else I can really do at this stage
    Absolute ****e isn't it, at least we're not the only ones left hanging around from 2016

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Danoboy93

what you on about theres las from 2015 still waiting once you pass u dont have to redo it

John_D80 wrote: »
    KazzieLou I'm not saying you are lying but you are definitely incorrect in some of the things you are saying.

Anyone from the recruitment drive in 2014 that was not inducted was advised they would have to begin the process again.

what you on about theres guys from 2015 still waiting and 2014 once you pass you dont have to redo

• Registered Users Posts: 45 RoryMcGrath92

I was just wondering if anyone smokes who's going in, tried quitting but it just gets the better of me haha

Get a vape I'm off them a year now and smokers don't phase me and I'm running 5 mile in 30 mins without a bother

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Fionn789

A fella from 2014 waiting there is obviously a mistake to m ringing again tomorrow and I'm going to get to the bottom of it there is nothing to lose if the say that there closing my application I will join the British army

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 simasska94

Get a vape I'm off them a year now and smokers don't phase me and I'm running 5 mile in 30 mins without a bother

Rory did you not fail your fitness test the first time? :pac::pac:
    5k maby not 5 miles? :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Floody1997

Still can't believe 2017 lads got in before 2016 lads, it just doesn't register in my head.

simasska94 wrote: »

Yeah and second but still that's not the point haha 3rd time lucky ;) the point is I am a determined man that will wear my uniform with pride simas like yourself, btw that wasn't very nice singling me out like that :'( hahahaha

simasska94 wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Danoboy93 wrote: »
    what you on about theres guys from 2015 still waiting and 2014 once you pass you dont have to redo

I'm on about the fact that people from the 2014 recruitment drive were told they were no longer on panels for induction and would have to reapply.

People are only kept on a panel for a set time. Sometimes it's months. Sometimes it's years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 KazzieLou

KazzieLou I'm not saying you are lying but you are definitely incorrect in some of the things you are saying.

Anyone from the recruitment drive in 2014 that was not inducted was advised they would have to begin the process again.

Well I haven't heard that from them just to be patient, but I'm guessing you would know everything because you've been waiting so long yeah? You don't know how they work the ones who got there email's are lucky enough to get through if not like me you'll all be waiting along time.

Yeah and second but still that's not the point haha 3rd time lucky ;) the point is I am a determined man that will wear my uniform with pride simas like yourself, btw that wasn't very nice singling me out like that :'( hahahaha

Hey lad no need worry it may have been your 3rd failed first time second time interview next 2 times medical all in the curragh this year tried athlone passed

Hey lad no need worry it may have been your 3rd failed first time second time interview next 2 times medical all in the curragh this year tried athlone passed

It was my 5th time

KazzieLou wrote: »
    Well I haven't heard that from them just to be patient, but I'm guessing you would know everything because you've been waiting so long yeah? You don't know how they work the ones who got there email's are lucky enough to get through if not like me you'll all be waiting along time.

You assume I'm also waiting to begin recruit training but you are way wrong.

And I certainly don't think I know everything.

You assume I'm also waiting to begin recruit training but you are way wrong.

And I certainly don't think I know everything.

Well unless your in charge of the recruitment process you wouldnt know much about it bud ive loads family in the army there not in the recruitment area so they dont

Well unless your in charge of the recruitment process you wouldnt know much about it bud ive loads family in the army there not in the recruitment area so they dont

So unless you hear it from someone in charge of recruitment you won't accept it?? Good man, you'll be a long time waiting for that call.

No worries guys. Just offering some input that sadly doesn't seem to be coming from official channels. Do what ye will with the info but if ye have been waiting nearly 3 years during three subsequent recruitment drives since you applied the message should be pretty clear by now.

Some of ye think the DF actually cares that ye have been waiting so long.

FWIW the reason I know about 2014 people is that a family member of mine who applied back then and was successful in the application process was told to reapply and he did this year.

So unless you hear it from someone in charge of recruitment you won't accept it?? Good man, you'll be a long time waiting for that call.

No worries guys. Just offering some input that sadly doesn't seem to be coming from official channels. Do what ye will with the info but if ye have been waiting nearly 3 years during three subsequent recruitment drives since you applied the message should be pretty clear by now.

FWIW the reason I know about 2014 people is that a family member of mine who applied back then and was successful in the application process was told to reapply and he did this year.
    No lad they want to see who is patient who will drop out a patient guy is more for the army than a impatient guy

No lad they want to see who is patient who will drop out a patient guy is more for the army than a impatient guy

Hold on a minute you can be saying that when people from the 2017 comp are getting offers not on

You think they are putting you on the long finger as some sort of test of your patience and resolve??

Whoever told you this has done you a great disservice.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 KazzieLou

So if your not in the recruitment process then why the hell are you even commenting on this status 😂🙌

• Advertisement

Fionn789 wrote: »
    Hold on a minute you can be saying that when people from the 2017 comp are getting offers not on

Relax.

That 'theory' of his is not true at all.

The army are not trying to weed out impatient people by making ye wait years for induction.

You can put that one to bed/file it under B for bullsh1t.

KazzieLou wrote: »
    So if your not in the recruitment process then why the hell are you even commenting on this status 😂🙌

Is it a prerequisite to comment here that I must be an applicant??

Relax.

That 'theory' of his is not true at all.

The army are not trying to weed out impatient people by making ye wait years for induction.

You can put that one to bed/file it under B for bullsh1t.
    Been ringing this morning and they won't pick up if the don't answer today I'm going to Dublin tomorrow to get answers

Been ringing this morning and they won't pick up if the don't answer today I'm going to Dublin tomorrow to get answers

Tomorrow's Saturday.

Wait until Monday. Drive north. Go to the first recruitment office you find. Sign on the dotted line. You will be in a recruit platoon before Christmas.

Right lads just rang there and this is what I'm told. They lads in the 2brigade manpower office send out offers to people who they get all the documents back from Kildare in the DOD and they have no power in changing anything he told be to write a letter to then under the freedom of information act and that that is my best bet to see where my application is. There must be some **** up there then 👌🻠I'm going to write this letter to them and wait until November because I hear they are doing inductions then and if I don't get called I'm joining the brits. Serious amount of stress trying to severe your contry well if the don't want me England will have me no bother.

They are saying that they are getting 100s of calls in there saying people who have relatives in the army are on the same boat and no one is happy

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭SimonLafferty2

They are saying that they are getting 100s of calls in there saying people who have relatives in the army are on the same boat and no one is happy

Well they should be recruiting the people ready for induction months and months on end and they wouldn't have this problem

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Ricketcricket

That's it. Joining Islamic state.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 keego1798

That's it. Joining Islamic state.

haha I hear they sign u up straight away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 keego1798

Right lads just rang there and this is what I'm told. They lads in the 2brigade manpower office send out offers to people who they get all the documents back from Kildare in the DOD and they have no power in changing anything he told be to write a letter to then under the freedom of information act and that that is my best bet to see where my application is. There must be some **** up there then ��🻠I'm going to write this letter to them and wait until November because I hear they are doing inductions then and if I don't get called I'm joining the brits. Serious amount of stress trying to severe your contry well if the don't want me England will have me no bother.

when I rang up they told me my garda vetting wasn't back , I then got onto the garda vetting crowd and they told me they had signed off on it and sent it back to the army ages ago , whats the story with that?

Advertisement