Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish army defence forces recruitment 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Danoboy93 wrote: »
    Yet athlone wouldn't ring I had to ring curragh to get through to athlone and the man in athlone said theres a funeral thats why phones off the hook so ok bud

Sorry but that still doesn't account for MOST of the barracks as you said.

Galway, Cork, Limerick, Kilkenny, Finner, The Brugha, McKee?

Are they all at this funeral as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Danoboy93

John_D80 wrote: »
    Sorry but that still doesn't account for MOST of the barracks as you said.

Galway, Cork, Limerick, Kilkenny, Finner, The Brugha, McKee?

Are they all at this funeral as well?

I dont know but the man said most high officers and recruits are away from most barracks because of the funeral so ye ok

KazzieLou wrote: »
    John. Would you ever just stop running your mouth, I have checked up the young lads post and I got an officer who told me the exact same thing to ring back Monday due to circumstances of a funeral, so now I believe who is telling the truth and who's just on this running there mouth. If you train in platoons should you of not known this today then finding out for ourselves I'll gladly give anyone the number to ring back and hear the same awnsers. Now take a chill pill and relax and give your mouth a rest. After all you do train don't you.

He clearly said MOST of the barracks in the country. This is what I pulled him up on because its just not true.

So much disinformation being peddled in this thread and when people who actually know what they are talking about try to offer ye advice its time put on the blinkers and ear muffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

I was just on.the.phone there big man whats your email ill send u it to shut you.up

Taking into account your posts on this thread, I can honestly say that you are not the type of person we want in the DF.

If you are this dismissive, abrasive and disrespectful in real life, you will have a hard time in the DF.

I would not be happy to have you in my Platoon in any function on any overseas mission. We need critical thinkers who are not out for needless confrontation. You would be a liability.

It wont be hard to find out who you are by your posts here, name, location, DOB. It would be a shame for your application to disapear.

LOL big man, LOL :pac: LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 31 KazzieLou

He clearly said MOST of the barracks in the country. This is what I pulled him up on because its just not true.

So much disinformation being peddled in this thread and when people who actually know what they are talking about try to offer ye advice its time put on the blinkers and ear muffs.

But hold on I thought your in the army? Are you not you just stated you were.

• Advertisement

Then if thats the case explain how people who are calling other barracks cant get through some dont ring others ring out because noones available because of the funeral

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭SSr0

Fair play to you for trying to set a few people here straight, but it's clear that you're wasting your time.

The civvies know better sure.

Taking into account your posts on this thread, I can honestly say that you are not the type of person we want in the DF.

If you are this dismissive, abrasive and disrespectful in real life, you will have a hard time in the DF.

I would not be happy to have you in my Platoon in any function on any overseas mission. We need critical thinkers who are not out for needless confrontation. You would be a liability.

It wont be hard to find out who you are by your posts here, name, location, DOB. It would be a shame for your application to disapear.

Ok.cool bro far from a big man I know what I was told on the phone bud

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Floody1997

I was just on.the.phone there big man whats your email ill send u it to shut you.up

Take me instead boys I just want to start training hahaha

Then if thats the case explain how people who are calling other barracks cant get through some dont ring others ring out because noones available because of the funeral

Well I was on the phones to manpower offices throughout the DF at various times this morning and had no problem speaking with anyone.

Also if a phone in the DF isn't answered on a Friday, its not always because of a funeral.

• Advertisement

Ok.cool bro far from a big man I know what I was told on the phone bud

Im not talking about your information.

Im talking about your attitude.

Im not talking about your information.

Im talking about your attitude.

Ye I have a attitude on this after waiting nearly 2 years ill be calm and patient wjen im in man im just saying theres loads lads put up they cant get through to.other barracks either

Well I was on the phones to manpower offices throughout the DF at various times this morning and had no problem speaking with anyone.

Also if a phone in the DF isn't answered on a Friday, its not always because of a funeral.
    So all the lads on this are liars because they cant but you can get through ok buddy see ya sir :)

Ye I have a attitude on this after waiting nearly 2 years ill be calm and patient wjen im in man im just saying theres loads lads put up they cant get through to.other barracks either

I dont think you will. You have already displayed your actions while under a small bit of pressure.

Best of luck.

I dont think you will. You have already displayed your actions while under a small bit of pressure.

Best of luck.

Bye bud

Floody1997 wrote: »
    Take me instead boys I just want to start training hahaha

Hmmm, lets evaluate your performance on this thread over the last few pages an see how you got on.

- observes quietly
    - knows when to keep his fúcking mouth shut and pay attention to people who know what they are talking about.
    - waits for an enemy/rival to expose a weakness and/or make himself look bad.
    - goes in for the kill at the right time.

You'll do well.

So all the lads on this are liars because they cant but you can get through ok buddy see ya sir :)

I was in the Barracks this morning. There are people around.

I have no idea who died, no word went around my Barracks. Also, the national flag was not at half mast so maybe it was not a DF member or State dignitary that died. It could have been a family member of a serving soldier.

If that was the case, only the local Barracks personnel would really go so not all Barracks would be empty.

Its also very possible the person on the end of the phone used a "funeral" as an excuse to get you off the phone.They are busy wrapping stuff up for the weekend.

Either way, people are in work and they are busy or people may be at a funeral.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Ricketcricket

keego1798 wrote: »
    haha I hear they sign u up straight away
    In fairness they'd probably give their applicants more information haha

Bye bud

Point proved. Thanks

Point proved. Thanks

Your in the army yet you have been commenting the last hour proves my point sir

• Advertisement

All of what lads?

Your the only one saying that most barracks are closed down today even though you freely admitted you only tried to ring one.

You are lying. Never said anyone else was.

Half the problem in this thread is people peddling/believing rumours that they cant confirm. Ye are all jumping to so many conclusions when ye really dont know what is going AT ALL.

Its **** they way ye are being treated but if you wanna join the Army, get used to it.

Before I ever posted in this thread I'd already given advice by PM to a few people who have posted on this thread in the past but I'm not gonna bother my hole anymore when my service, experience and knowledge is basically being insulted by people who aren't even recruits yet!!

Your in the army yet you have been commenting the last hour proves my point sir

Im resting off a 24hr duty.

Hence, I WAS in the Barracks this morning. Im now home.

Is that ok with you chief?

What was your point that I proved?

Im resting off a 24hr duty.

Hence, I WAS in the Barracks this morning. Im now home.

Is that ok with you chief?

What was your point that I proved?
    Lad why you even commenting on this for exactly

Lads

• Registered Users Posts: 16 keego1798

mate ..... for the lord jaysus sake...... would u let it be

Lads I'm thinking of starting a closed Facebook group for all of us applying and waiting, maybe if we see each others initials and where roughly we are living it will give us a better grasp of where they are in the selection process, would anyone be up for joining it so I know whether it'd be a waste of time? Once I start it I'll post a link on this here, let me know anyway whether to bother

Ye lad I dont mind joining two of my mates waiting will join aswel

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Daniel.Smith

Lads I'm thinking of starting a closed Facebook group for all of us applying and waiting, maybe if we see each others initials and where roughly we are living it will give us a better grasp of where they are in the selection process, would anyone be up for joining it so I know whether it'd be a waste of time? Once I start it I'll post a link on this here, let me know anyway whether to bother
    Might not be a bad idea lad

keego1798 wrote: »
    mate ..... for the lord jaysus sake...... would u let it be

Just making a point lad

Because there was too much sh1t being flung by people who are not qualified to fling it.

Serving members started posting to give you a brief idea of what is likely to be going on.

These serving members have experience and knowledge of the Recruitment process and of training Recruit Platoons.

It is to add balance to the discussion and to reassure the quieter lurkers of whats going on behind the scenes.

It was not to engage in tit for tat witj someone who refuses to accept what he is being told by people far more knowledgable.

Thats why.

• Advertisement

Right that'll do, once I'm out of work I'll get it sorted and post a link in here, maybe if everyone wasn't using aliases there wouldn't be as much bitching on it aswell haha

Advertisement