Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish army defence forces recruitment 2016

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Danoboy93

Right that'll do, once I'm out of work I'll get it sorted and post a link in here, maybe if everyone wasn't using aliases there wouldn't be as much bitching on it aswell haha

Lol ye sorry for the temper man just hate being called a liar is all man I wont be arguing on the group bro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Danoboy93 wrote: »
    Just making a point lad

Youre not making any relative point chief.

Not by a long shot.

I jave said my piece, best of luck to you all (even you Danoboy93) I hope you hear back soon and get through the training.

Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Danoboy93

Youre not making any relative point chief.

Not by a long shot.

I jave said my piece, best of luck to you all (even you Danoboy93) I hope you hear back soon and get through the training.

Good luck.
    Thanks man

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Lads, best of luck to ye all, I sincerely mean that.

Some of ye, if ye do get in, need a serious attitude adjustment to come around to ''our way of thinking''. Dont worry though, yere training NCO's will help ye with that.

If it doesn't sink in for ye in recruit training, it doesn't matter, ye wont last long after that anyway and ye'll leave with a chip on yere shoulders and a bitter taste in yere mouths after a few years. But ye wont be the first. It takes some guys longer than others to figure out the army is not for them.

Get as much as you can out of the army in terms of qualifications. Its a really tough life for young soldiers in the Irish Army at the moment but if ye do stay to make a career out of it, enjoy it. It flies past.

One day you're a 17 year old leaving your home and family then a blink of an eye later and your an auld lad getting abuse off some redarse on boards.ie!!!

I personally wont be posting in this thread again.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Ricketcricket

John_D80 wrote: »

Some of ye, if ye do get in, need a serious attitude adjustment to come around to ''our way of thinking''. Dont worry though, yere training NCO's will help ye with that.

If it doesn't sink in for ye in recruit training, it doesn't matter, ye wont last long after that anyway and ye'll leave with a chip on yere shoulders and a bitter taste in yere mouths after a few years. But ye wont be the first. It takes some guys longer than others to figure out the army is not for them.

Get as much as you can out of the army in terms of qualifications. Its a really tough life for young soldiers in the Irish Army at the moment but if ye do stay to make a career out of it, enjoy it. It flies past.

One day you're a 17 year old leaving your home and family then a blink of an eye later and your an auld lad getting abuse off some redarse on boards.ie!!!

Don't take anything negative said personally mate, there is a lot of tension among all of us, we all feel forgotten by the army and you can probably tell we all feel strongly about this. Hopefully it works out for all of anyway and thanks for the advise, regardless of how each individual has taken it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Floody1997

John_D80 wrote: »

Don't take anything negative said personally mate, there is a lot of tension among all of us, we all feel forgotten by the army and you can probably tell we all feel strongly about this. Hopefully it works out for all of anyway and thanks for the advise, regardless of how each individual has taken it
    Did ye set up that group yet bro?

Floody1997 wrote: »
    I was wondering whether the army would see that as subversive, kind of going behind their backs, it may affect our applications, if everyone's willing to take the risk I'll do it

I was wondering whether the army would see that as subversive, kind of going behind their backs, it may affect our applications, if everyone's willing to take the risk I'll do it
    Good points, we'll see what the rest of the boys think

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Fionn789

Good points, we'll see what the rest of the boys think

It's just a group chat is it not?

Fionn789 wrote: »
    It's just a group chat is it not?
    Oh yeah that's grand well hang on two seconds

• Advertisement

if yous wanna jump into the fb group just message me or Ricketcricket and we'll get your details boys. FB group will be a bit faster than boards I think haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Gents, you have nothing to worry about there, a FB group is a good idea and the DF would most definately not have a problem with it and it will not affect your applications.

Gents, you have nothing to worry about there, a FB group is a good idea and the DF would most definately not have a problem with it and it will not affect your applications.
    That's good to hear man, it's just to keep us all in the loop you know?

Fionn and Simon Lafferty send me a message there and tell me what your profile pictures look like i cant find yous on this and my messages arent working on this

• Registered Users Posts: 12 StephenMoore

where can i find the group chat on fb

Send me a private message lad and tell me what your profile looks like and I'll add you into the group.

my name is andrey yourivich on fb

I have to add you in it's a private group chat

Andrey Yourivich is my name on facebook

Andrey Yourivich is my name on facebook
    I've added you mate check your messages on FB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 RoryMcGrath92

hi lads what happens if you get a email saying your on the panel for upcoming inductions and then a link for references and you have been passed onto the next stage of the competition and will be in contact in due course ????

Wait for an offer

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Panda General

suppose to be starting n athlone Monday but i have zero training done in the last year with family and work, dont know if i will bother going in with such little fitness. how much of a struggle is it going to be

any advice from anyone in pdf past or present?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Michealn9612

My friend only finished for the first 2 weeks you dont really do anything its just getting you used to army times uniform boots fitting,but when week 3 hits it starts getting hard its mental more than anything go in with a positive attitude and youll be grand youll find it hard at the start but your fitness will go up every day

suppose to be starting n athlone Monday but i have zero training done in the last year with family and work, dont know if i will bother going in with such little fitness. how much of a struggle is it going to be

any advice from anyone in pdf past or present?

Take that opportunity and go in, I'm waiting since last year and got no word

Take that opportunity and go in, I'm waiting since last year and got no word

Yea I think I will go and give it a shot....been waiting two years so I have

are you 2015

That's the spirit

are you 2015

Yea 2015 long wait

whens the next induction ?

• Advertisement

there a group chat on facebook text your name and ill add you into it

Advertisement