Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW21 Match Day Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭skippy15

Smoking through in the cup. That late Leic goal meant Simpson went from3 bonus to one...both had Adler. So meant I went through in the cup by 1 point...having slow season so nice when these things work out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Fowler87 wrote:
    Its more the captain fail again that I'm annoyed about. Its all relative though as the big hitters other than rooney maybe giroud didn't deliver either

The vast majority captained Aguero, KDB, Kane or Costa so you didn't lose any ground there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Payets goal puts me through 1-0 on goals scored after a 28-28 draw in the FPL cup :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

32 points. Payet with 11 of those. It's just one of those seasons. At least the next gameweek rolls around quickly and this one can be forgotten about just as fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Got 45 - with Kolarov not playing, had Azpilicueta as 1st sub.

Still had Mahrez as captain, keep forgetting to change this. Pity I didn't think of Ayew.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Haha, Southampton play West Brom at home next GW. Hello Berty+Targett double team :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Haha, Southampton play West Brom at home next GW. Hello Berty+Targett double team :D

Seeing as WBA scored twice at Chelsea, I wouldn't be getting too carried away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shayno90

48 points thanks to Rooney and Willian.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

26 -4 i think I've said Costa never again about 3 times now , one more week and thats it NEVER,EVER,EVER AGAIN.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

skippy15 wrote: »
    Smoking through in the cup. That late Leic goal meant Simpson went from3 bonus to one...both had Adler. So meant I went through in the cup by 1 point...having slow season so nice when these things work out

Nice!

Which reminds me I should check how I'm doing, oh... yeah. "Failed to qualify for the cup". :o

Nice job Sagna on the 3bps. Fletcher and Simpson on the bench is annoying but standard so I'll gladly take 31 points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

38 points....a decent haul seeing as Capt Kane blanked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

FHFC wrote: »
    Think I'll put the phone off and do the MOTD thing.

Later

Well that was decidedly not worth waiting up for. Meh with a capital M.

That stonewall penalty at the end of the City game woulda been huge for Aguero captainers given the pretty blanket captain fails.

34 thanks to Arnie and Payet. All others blanks. Got my lineup/bench spot on though :)

Just saw the pen that city had turned down. How was that not given.

Unbelievable. Potentially cost Aguero captainers what...12 to 14 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Top score 130 points...

Nice bench :)

Can we send a messenger to deepest darkest Donegal to spare FHFC the agony of MOTD.

I need to give somebody my mobile number right enough. :D Thats an hour and a half precious sleep i coulda saved. All these high scoring games then when my key men come on its 0-0 all day long. Not to mention Toby losing his clean sheet at the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Now that's how you play a bench boost....
    The weekly high score of 130 points and 44 of those coming from his bench.

Jumped from 1.2m to 200k too.

He'll sleep well tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Don't forget that considering the weirdness of this season (and that's the first time I give in to it, so far I thought it was over emphasized but tonight with all the Butland & Ozil captainers getting away with murd genocide I have to admit it) he'd have probably missed it so we'd have a big fat 0 for our captain!

28 if there's no justice-for-Willian-to-lose-his-assist. Pure sh*te but everyone seems to be in the same boat so let's hold the head high and stick out the chest. My team is great and will perform. Patience and confidence are my best friends.
    After all, the Gallic rooster is my national emblem and as the popular saying goes we chose it because it's the only bird that keeps singing with his feet in the sh*t :pac:!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

GW has updated iroced so no worries with Willian.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Back in the top 1,000 in the world! Top 50 in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

siblers wrote: »
    Back in the top 1,000 in the world! Top 50 in Ireland.

At least one of us is happy.

Well done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,583 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

GW rank of 3,578,763

I wonder who were the poor 67,845 souls that finished below me...

23, poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

25 points. GW rank of 3.1 million. Down to 105k from 79k.

Always look on the bright side though lads: I won my FSA Premier League tie!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Damn work kept me from my beloved FSA this week :(

Delighted with 45 and green arrows everywhere

I need to give somebody my mobile number right enough. :D Thats an hour and a half precious sleep i coulda saved. All these high scoring games then when my key men come on its 0-0 all day long. Not to mention Toby losing his clean sheet at the end.
    I did the same, the biggest anti-climax since the RWC quarter-final, i was laughing at the end things went so bad, still that's the way it goes and it is only a game after all, a very frustrating but fun one at that. Ended up with 22 points was genuinely hoping for the tonne. Great craic.

KevIRL wrote: »
    GW rank of 3,578,763

I wonder who were the poor 67,845 souls that finished below me...

And you with Rooney as captain as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

34 barely extends my green arrow run to four. Did the MOTD challenge for the first time and enjoyed it: wildly celebrated the Huth and Howson goals and was sweating bullets for Man City with no Kun. Of course they keep a cleanie when Kolarov is benched.
    Quite happy I held firm with Ramsey, I think he's a top option regardless of fixture. Spent most of the match assuming Ozil had taken that corner though ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

28 (-4). Fallen back to 64k. Let's never speak of GW21 again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Tripled captained Aguero last night. Am I surprised that City had one of the most bale my penalties turned down costing me about 30 points?

Nope!

Got back about 8 of my 16 point hit thanks to Payet so am pretty pleased.

34 points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Lemlin wrote: »
    25 points. GW rank of 3.1 million. Down to 105k from 79k.

Always look on the bright side though lads: I won my FSA Premier League tie!

The FSA Premier League is the main thing that is keeping me still interested this season! Despite my poor rank of just under 600K, I'm doing relatively ok in that league

Finished on 36 with captain KDB being the wrong choice.

Up 8,000 places to 77,000.

The wildcard is going to be interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

24 poxy points... that's correct, you didnt read that wrong... 24 points! Fuck off!!

The highest scoring players in my team (KDB & Mahrez) both got 3 points the rest is a dismal mess of 1 and 2 pointers!

Ugh...

At least i didnt use my WC i suppose :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

27 (-4). Not good. Gone from 70k back to 108k.

Spent the past 10 GWs in between 120k and 70k. I'll have solid weeks and move up in 10k-20k spurts, get to 70k, have a shocker, and have to start all over again.

Thank god I didn't wildcard anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,304 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

41 after wildcarding with 16 points on the bench. (unlikely in Simpson & Fletcher)

After WC'ing back in Sep, it was the second week after where I benefitted so hoping it'll be the same this weekend !! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

That turned down Aguero penalty sums up a lot of people's seasons.

On a week when none of the other captain picks did anything, that should've been massive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

22 drops me out of the top 100k to 101k for the first time since gw 7. Not too bothered that I've wildcarded I have my team the way I want it now. It was just one of those weeks when pretty much nobody delivered. Some weeks you wildcard you can get an instant boost other weeks you don't it's just luck of the draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,425 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Knowing how this gameweek worked out, he probably would have missed the penalty ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,425 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

First time this season in the 3 millionaires club.

It's definitely something we're doing wrong lads. How can a group of FPL heavyweights be SO wrong and everyone else SO right. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,439 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

53 points with Ramsey, Payet and Giroud doing the damage. That only is 275k for the week though, did a lot of people captain payet/rooney?
    And only moved me up from 350k to 220k

9 out of the last 12 have been red arrows, seeing me plummet from 20k so can't complain when its going in the right direction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,583 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

patmac wrote: »
    And you with Rooney as captain as well!

Changed to Defoe (TC) as it happens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Green&Red wrote: »
    53 points with Ramsey, Payet and Giroud doing the damage. That only is 275k for the week though, did a lot of people captain payet/rooney?
    And only moved me up from 350k to 220k

9 out of the last 12 have been red arrows, seeing me plummet from 20k so can't complain when its going in the right direction

All the zombie teams would have rooney captain. Rooney captain alone outscored my wildcard team by 8 points you couldn't make it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

So my 28 pts brought me down 35k to 227k.

Again, as I mentioned last GW, only 7 pts below the overall average (and only 4 below top 10k average) and a bigger drop than the rise I got 2 GWs ago for a much bigger positive difference to the average (17 pts > OA & 5 > 10K was "only" a 25k climb from 200k). Weird :confused:...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

33k to 41k is worse than I expected with 32 (-4) :( Not good. 2 red arrows in a row now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

In tonight's edition of "Rotating Fullback Bingo":

- Angel Rangel who had seemingly nailed down the right back spot in recent weeks is benched in favour of Clickbait's very own favourite full back option to potentially represent Ireland, Kyle Naughton. This comes as a surprise especially as neither played in the FA cup.

- Ben Davies gets the start despite Danny Rose captaining the Spurs at the weekend. Exciting times in Prodston Towers.

- Aleks Kolorov falls foul of Clichy's return proving those who sold him months ago correct.

- MT 2.0, bargain buy and alround FSA legend Matty Targett starts as well as Bertrand.

- PVA has nailed his spot down seemingly and will look to score a thunderb@stard due to Mr.P ignoring his urge to bring him in.

That's all for this gameweek's editon of "Rotating Fullback Bingo". Please join us next gameweek exclusively live on the FSA network.

Always remember that a fullback isn't just for Christmas because they get rotated.

Goodnight!

*cue audience's rapturous applause*

Bloody hell it was a big night for the featured fullbacks. The least eventful was Ben Davies losing the clean sheet late on.

Having checked the viewing figures we had our highest performance of the season. Only coming second to "Captaining Keeper Capers" on rival network, Casual TV. A particularly harrowing episode featuring Jack Butland against what became a 10 man Norwich side falling to one time "Prodston Punt of the Month", Jonny Howson :)

(If any rich benefactor wants to create a tv station dedicated to FPL give me a call :cool: )

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Now at 1.2 million.

I'm not sure I could be doing this badly if I tried. Even with Yaya and Ramsey's season I was over a million places higher than this :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I never should have pronounced that I had turned my season around.

Red arrows since then and now lingering around 470k

Up to 717k from 722 with 34. Its a pathetic green but its a green, and a third green a row after my disastrous run previously.

Won in the FSA Prem again too.

More sickened all the time about the Aguero non penalty.

Everyone giving out about the Aguero penalty that wasn't given, the way things were going he was definitely going to miss wasn't he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Up to 717k from 722 with 34. Its a pathetic green but its a green, and a third green a row after my disastrous run previously.

Won in the FSA Prem again too.

More sickened all the time about the Aguero non penalty.
    I did not watch MOTD last night as it would have made my form worse due to this
    Would have made a MASSIVE difference in my league and rank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Did you all see the highest score from last night?

130 including bench boost.
    Bench included Defoe, PVA and Huth with captain Rooney and Giroud.

Almost 100 more than me....

Despite getting one point less than the average, I moved up 3k places from 125k to 122k

• Advertisement
Advertisement