Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW21 Match Day Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »
    Who to drop from

Mahrez - Kdb - Ozil - Payet - alli
    Lukaku - kun - Kane

Thinking Alli atm but am wary as he stung me last week

exact same fron 8 here...thinking Mahrez at the moment...risky...might play AOA yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Hennessey
    Ivanovic Daniels Williams
    KDB Yaya Siggy Alli
    Aguero(c) Costa Kane
    (Elliot - Dawson Ake Wanyama)

Wildcard played. (1.7 itb)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

FHFC wrote: »
    Ok yous are freaking me out now, I'm probably gonna have to bench Payet despite getting him in this week.

Leicesters attacking stats have been brutal the last few weeks indicating that teams are sitting off them somewhat and their counterattacking game is struggling. All logical analysis of my team would suggest benching Mahrez over Payet or Alli or Arnie.

But hes fooking Mahrez. His wrath is fearsome. I have scars.

I benched Mahrez for his hattrick after 2 blanks in 3 persuaded me. Never again

spock. wrote: »
    Hennessey
    Ivanovic Walker Williams
    KDB Yaya Siggy Alli
    Aguero(c) Costa Kane
    (Elliot - Nyom Dawson Wanyama)

Wildcard played.

Not bad considering you squeezed Aguero, Costa, Yaya and KDB in. Bench is a bit lightweight but I'm impressed. Food for thought, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Now that Lukaku is fit, I'm rolling over a FT for the umpteenth time in a row after doing Myhill to Elliot with my other

Henny
    Bellerin Delaney Kolarov
    Mahrez KDB(c) Ozil Rambo
    Kane(vc) Lukaku Ighalo

Going to be a nervous time checking the Palace score every minute tonight with no stream
    stephenl15 wrote: »
    I'm going Butland over Hennessey would you agree with that?

Yeah since Butland is home and has a knack of double digits

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Torricelli

Myhill
    Toby Ward Zouma
    KDB Ozil Payet Alli
    Ighalo Kane(c) Lukaku

McCarthy Mahrez Bellerin Smith

Tough decision to bench Mahrez but I feel Leicester will begin to slide down the table now. Captaincy could yet change to KDB.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,200 ✭✭✭✭km79

wish there was more games tonight
    after my wildcard I'll have no starter tonight !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

So torn between Alli and 352 or Lukaku and 343

Same but it's mahrez or lukaku and its 352 at moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

If you have Kane the latter, if not then the former would be my thoughts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Is mahrez still on penos?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Should I play Bellerin or double up on Palace defence? :confused:

danganabu wrote: »
    If you have Kane the latter, if not then the former would be my thoughts.

Alli willian payet theo arnie
    Costa kun lukaku

Can't choose 7

Costa kun lukaku

Can't choose 7

drop or sell theo!
    what has he done to justify selection over the others ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Costa kun lukaku

Can't choose 7
    km79 wrote: »
    drop or sell theo!

Yeah Theo is the obvious one, very frustrating and long term not guaranteed his place.

Cheers lads maybe you're right

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

km79 wrote: »
    drop or sell theo!

I'd have theo over Willian and possibly arnie

Should I play Bellerin or double up on Palace defence? :confused:

I'd double on Palace

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

i'd play Theo. you'd have to fancy his chances up against Kolo Toure. it's always a gamble with Theo though :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Butland (Rudd)

Evans/Bertrand/Toby (Francis/Simpson)

Alli/Ozil/Payet/KdB (Mahrez)

Kun/Lukaku/Kane (c)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,462 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Which 3 to play from:
    Alderweireld, Smalling, Zouma, Delaney.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

thinking of using my AOA chip.

Have:

Dier Azpilicueta Ward

Mahrez Arnautovic Ozil KdB (Alli)

Lukaku Aguero Kane

Would take out Ward for Alli. Is there really going to be any good week to use it? Double game weeks will be a time for Triple Captain and Bench Boost. Unlikely there'll be a 3rd major double game week and if there is one player coming into attack isn't going to be a massive help. Plus he'd have to have a doubler that week which mightn't be the case.

Any help?

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭mectavba

podge018 wrote: »
    thinking of using my AOA chip.

Have:

Dier Azpilicueta Ward

Mahrez Arnautovic Ozil KdB (Alli)

Lukaku Aguero Kane

Would take out Ward for Alli. Is there really going to be any good week to use it? Double game weeks will be a time for Triple Captain and Bench Boost. Unlikely there'll be a 3rd major double game week and if there is one player coming into attack isn't going to be a massive help. Plus he'd have to have a doubler that week which mightn't be the case.

Any help?

It would be a waste this week I think, with Ward up against Villa. You may be right that you won't get a chance to use it in a DGW but there is bound to be a week when you have injuries, suspensions or defenders up against the big teams.

siblers wrote: »
    Which 3 to play from:
    Alderweireld, Smalling, Zouma, Delaney.

Bench Toby

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Oh wise and noble members of the FSA I come to ye seeking guidance about my futures exploits. It's quite a quandary I find myself in and have sought refuge in the comforting hearth of our kingdom. What doth one do in this position?

De Gea
    Souare - Davies - Rangel
    Ozil - Alli - Mahrez - Arnie
    Lukaku - Kane - Aguero

Elliot: Theo - Moreno - Dawson

In my possession is a solitary bartering order designated by the FPL king with strict orders from my Lord not to bench Mahrez. By doing so one would be punished by hat-trick to the bench. An underperforming Theo may be on the chopping block.

The wise old proverb also states: "Thou bencheth Pulisball at ones peril, especially when they venture to the noble capital seeking only to escape with their sheet clean."

What say ye?

knight-on-bended-knee1.png

I'd start Walcott anyways. He's capable on getting a great score against any club - in fact it seems he's performing better against the big clubs this year such as Man Utd, Leicester and Man City. Alli or Mahrez to sit it out, back four is perfect. But you have a lot more experience in this game than I do so you can politely ignore me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I'd start Walcott anyways. He's capable on getting a great score against any club - in fact it seems he's performing better against the big clubs this year such as Man Utd, Leicester and Man City. Alli or Mahrez to sit it out, back four is perfect. But you have a lot more experience in this game than I do so you can politely ignore me :D

"Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad" :)

All opinions are welcome and if experience tells us anything then I shouldn't be left alone with a transfer and a deadline hurtling towards me as bad decisions happen :pac:
    I'm thinking I should start Theo if I keep him and essentially regret getting Ozil and Arnie the last GW. They were 2 of the most out of character transfers I've ever made. A pure bandwagon and 2 months too late.

I might even sell Ozil for Payet or Siggy (this could be the deadline talking :D) and bench Arnie. It's the kind of game Norwich beat Stoke 1-0.

Thank feck I'm not on WC. Tick-tock :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Very conflicting GW for me.. Having Spurs, Leicester, Liverpool and Arsenal defenders. Dropped Simpson for Soaure. Captain Kane, VC Arnie. Was hard to decide between the two for captain..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

mectavba wrote: »
    It would be a waste this week I think, with Ward up against Villa. You may be right that you won't get a chance to use it in a DGW but there is bound to be a week when you have injuries, suspensions or defenders up against the big teams.

you're right, i'll keep my powder dry. Cue the Ward red card and an Alli hat-trick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

"Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad" :)

All opinions are welcome and if experience tells us anything then I shouldn't be left alone with a transfer and a deadline hurtling towards me as bad decisions happen :pac:
    I'm thinking I should start Theo if I keep him and essentially regret getting Ozil and Arnie the last GW. They were 2 of the most out of character transfers I've ever made. A pure bandwagon and 2 months too late.

I might even sell Ozil for Payet or Siggy (this could be the deadline talking :D) and bench Arnie. It's the kind of game Norwich beat Stoke 1-0.

Thank feck I'm not on WC. Tick-tock :(

I'll finally be joining the Lukaku bandwagon in two or three GW's so it's never too late! Özil is more of an insurance as literally everyone has him, so it's effectively one Arsenal player starting with Theo. The 0-0 last year could have easily been a 3-3 or something with the amount of chances as well. Arnie could be gotten rid of for Payet as soon as next week, but I think Özil will be consistently good, and only matched in that department by Silva (punt alert!).

And, yeah, 1-0 to Norwich is the most likely score accounting for this season!

Advertisement