Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW21 Match Day Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

14 from 3, happy with that.

On a side note, the lads leading in my 3 main leagues have captained:
    Kane... Nothing wrong with that, perfectly good and sensible captain call.
    Butland... ????
    And in the 3rd main league the leader captained SCOTT DANN???

Obviously didn't work out for him, but doesn't change the fact he's the bones of 140 points ahead of me.
    leader of my pay league 2k in the world just made his 6th transfer of the season wanyama to gareth barry. He has kompany and bolasie and has decided to start barry over vardy.:confused:

Brilliant! It's been that type of season. Makes me feel a lot better.

As for 9.8% of the top 1000 captaining Butland, surely that is an error?

Aguero TC tonight. I'm as nervous as could be :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

FutureGuy wrote: »

I think you're underestimating how weird this season is.

A huge amount of the top 1k, I'm sure, are excellent players, and have rolled with the season expertly.

There are also a number of players still in the high reaches who i believe have little idea what they're doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Just seen Payet's free kick, wowsers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

FutureGuy wrote: »

I really can't wait until decisions like this are heavily punished.

While I agree that some players have done well to adapt and the heavy hitters haven't performed, stuff like butland captain is crazy no matter what.

I feel like I'm in a decent position now, 140k in the world, wildcard and all chips remaining with a high team value. Have aguero and can get sanchez/hazard/Costa in one transfer without sacrificing another expensive player.

My infamous 'got to the top of the world' guy still has no Aguero. No KDB. No Costa. No Payet. Sold Lukaku as soon as he saw a yellow flag.

His highest value player is Ozil, who he's captained.

I'd like to think he'll be punished sooner or later.

He'll bring Payet in next week I'd say, as he's cheap and has performed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

I have to say I don't get the surprise and shock being expressed here about someone captaining Butland, he is the 9th highest scorer in the game.

I will qualify this by adding that I have Butland and not only did I not captain him, I actually benched him for Hennessy (that went well :rolleyes:) but it's hardly the strangest call ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,560 ✭✭✭✭CSF

danganabu wrote: »
    I have to say I don't get the surprise and shock being expressed here about someone captaining Butland, he is the 9th highest scorer in the game and 6 of the other 8 are away from home this week.

I will qualify this by adding that I have Butland and not only did I not captain him, I actually benched him for Hennessy (that went well :rolleyes:) but it's hardly the strangest call ever.

One deflected shot, circa 2 point score. That's not the sort of reliability you want from your captain.

A good captain is someone who will be dependable for a 6+ score, but also has the capability to go 15+ on a really good week with the right fixture. You can't get that from a goalkeeper.

CSF wrote: »
    One deflected shot, circa 2 point score. That's not the sort of reliability you want from your captain.

A good captain is someone who will be dependable for a 6+ score, but also has the capability to go 15+ on a really good week with the right fixture. You can't get that from a goalkeeper.

I do agree with you and I have never captained a GK but Butland has hit double figures 3 times this season and a 9, so its not the strangest call in the world, IMO the number of people captaining Ozil is far more surprising.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I look forward to Butland saving a penalty and assisting Walters in the ensuing counter attack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,560 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I do agree with you and I have never captained a GK but Butland has hit double figures 3 times this season and a 9, so its not the strangest call in the world, IMO the number of people captaining Ozil is far more surprising.

I wouldn't captain Ozil this week either, but going with an attacking player whose week can't be defined so easily by one moment out of their control is optimal strategy.

After that it's about picking the right one.

Ozil makes abundantly more sense than Butland.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Ozil makes abundantly more sense than Butland.

Again I agree, but am surprised by the high % of people that have captained him, considering the other options available, I strongly considered benching him this week but benched Mahrez instead and I haven't slept since!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Again I agree, but am surprised by the high % of people that have captained him, considering the other options available, I strongly considered benching him this week but benched Mahrez instead and I haven't slept since!!

I'd say there may be an element of people who forgot to change it. Ozil was the strongest captaincy option in GW20 (even though it didn't work out).

With the way the fixtures fell this week the 'big' teams FF wise are playing tonight so maybe some didn't realise there were games yesterday.

Benimar wrote: »
    I'd say there may be an element of people who forgot to change it. Ozil was the strongest captaincy option in GW20 (even though it didn't work out).

With the way the fixtures fell this week the 'big' teams FF wise are playing tonight so maybe some didn't realise there were games yesterday.

That's a great shout actually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Bang on the money that.

My own son is is pretty decent at the game forgot to change his team and was left with Ozil (c),gave him alot of stick for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

There's no way that would have happened to the top 1,000/10,000 in previous years. I'm just CASUALLY throwing that out there.

PARlance wrote: »
    There's no way that would have happened to the top 1,000/10,000 in previous years. I'm just CASUALLY throwing that out there.

The fact that 90 people in the top 1000 of the world all decided to captain a goalkeeper this week is just hilarious to me.

Is there some sort of secret Fantasy Football tips website giving out troll captaincy choices?

"Butland is very likely to save two penalties in tonight's game so he is a good captain choice. Don't captain Kane or Aguero or Uzil because they cannot save penalties."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

FHFC wrote: »
    Well after all the 'who to bench' palaver earlier and concluding that Payet was the safest I thankfully committed at about 6pm to keep him in for his differential value. Remains to be seen whether benching Alli rather than Mahrez will play out well but 13 from 2 is good news so far.

Fecking Souaré seems completely unable to score fpl points unless he's got a dodgy fixture and therefore likely to be benched. Getting a bit sick of him.

I think he's at -92% now as well so could easily drop before Saturday. I haven't really thought about selling him before as he's an easy way into their defence, but, with his fixtures, he'll be on my bench for the next two games dropping in price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I have to say I don't get the surprise and shock being expressed here about someone captaining Butland, he is the 9th highest scorer in the game.

If he was home to City or Arsenal then I could understand it as a possible gamble but home to Norwich doesn't make much sense, hard to imagine him getting any save bonuses or an overall bonus against Norwich's attacking threat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

OK, I've looked through a random 50 of the Top 1000 (especially those with low scores last night as they must have been in the Top 1000 at the start of the gw). I picked some from the Top100, 100-200,200-300 etc.

I've come across zero Butland captainers so far when I would have expected 5. (not statistically impossible but enough to make me smell a rat in the stats we were given).

Anyone else want to look at even a random 20/30 and see how many Butland (c) they find?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I didn't either, actually more people seem to have Cech in goal than Butland. Liverpool better score tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

OK, I've looked through a random 50 of the Top 1000 (especially those with low scores last night as they must have been in the Top 1000 at the start of the gw). I picked some from the Top100, 100-200,200-300 etc.

I've come across zero Butland captainers so far when I would have expected 5. (not statistically impossible but enough to make me smell a rat in the stats we were given).

Anyone else want to look at even a random 20/30 and see how many Butland (c) they find?

Yeah only one of the top 300 captained Butland (the guy coming 2nd!)
    I think that 9.8% was a mistake

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Torricelli

Fantasy Football Fix ‏@FantasyFootyFix 20 hours ago
    Updated captain stats coming up (small issue with last ones) ...

Looks like it was a mistake, he never put up a revised Tweet of the captaincy stats of the top 1k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Torricelli wrote: »
    Looks like it was a mistake, he never put up a revised Tweet of the captaincy stats of the top 1k.

Never doubted the top 1,000 myself.

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

Just had a quick look at the top 10. Number 2 has butland as captain. He has just played his wildcard and is also starting with 5 defenders!

There must be some statistical system that these guys are working off that is paying off.

This is a week with a fair few attacking potential big hauls, so to use your wildcard to go so defensive and captain your keeper makes my mind boggle...

Lord I hope Norwich score tonight

No2 also captained wollscheid a few weeks back and also had a run of 5/6 weeks of kolarov near the start. He did consistently captain vardy through his great spell and triple captained Aguero "that " day...so is very very hit or miss with captain choices!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

all eleven players playong tonight
    can't wait!!!!
    only ozil in the televised game though so may watch city online

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Think I'll put the phone off and do the MOTD thing.

Later

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Later

I'm going to attempt this aswell as im out between 730 and 930. Doubt I'll last though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Later
    I'm going to attempt this aswell as im out between 730 and 930. Doubt I'll last though.

I'd love to do that tonight but I can't stay up that late on a school night:o

A big score from Aguero would/will be huge tonight, even Payets haul last night has seen me jump 45k places to 145k, I've only spent three weeks inside the top 100k this year, I hope to be in it tomorrow morning and begin my march to where I want to be.:)

• Advertisement

I'd love to do that tonight but I can't stay up that late on a school night:o

A big score from Aguero would/will be huge tonight, even Payets haul last night has seen me jump 45k places to 145k, I've only spent three weeks inside the top 100k this year, I hope to be in it tomorrow morning and begin my march to where I want to be.:)

Just seen motd isn't starting till 1115. I won't be staying up for that. I'll be checking the scores now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Made the right decision selling Kolarov then :) KDB Aguero start

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Torricelli

Myhill starts. PHEW!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

If Myhill doesn't start I've no safety net.

Zouma, Ivan, Oscar, Willian, Pedro, Costa start

Nobody's doing the lineups then? I could've had them done by now ;)

spock. wrote: »
    Zouma, Ivan, Oscar, Willian, Pedro, Costa start

Cmon pedro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

#CFC XI to play West Brom: Courtois; Ivanovic, Zouma, Terry, Azpilicueta; Mikel, Fabregas; Willian, Oscar, Pedro; Diego Costa

#WBAFC XI to play Chelsea: Myhill; Olsson, Yacob, Evans, Morrison, Brunt, McClean, McAuley, Fletcher, Dawson, Rondon

Man City XI: Hart, Sagna, Otamendi, Demichelis, Clichy, Fernando, Toure, Navas, De Bruyne, Sterling, Aguero

Rangel, Silva, Gomis, Pelle, Kolarov all benched

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Butland (TC)

Cmon pedro

He can have a hat trick as long as they're all assisted by Ivanovic

CYnwJfMWQAAAIyf.jpg

CYnwuupW8AAR4lD.jpg

#SAFC XI: Mannone, Jones, O’Shea, Brown, van Aanholt, Cattermole, M’Vila, Johnson, Lens, Borini, Defoe. #SWASUN

ShaneU wrote: »
    #CFC XI to play West Brom: Courtois; Ivanovic, Zouma, Terry, Azpilicueta; Mikel, Fabregas; Willian, Oscar, Pedro; Diego Costa

#WBAFC XI to play Chelsea: Myhill; Olsson, Yacob, Evans, Morrison, Brunt, McClean, McAuley, Fletcher, Dawson, Rondon

Man City XI: Hart, Sagna, Otamendi, Demichelis, Clichy, Fernando, Toure, Navas, De Bruyne, Sterling, Aguero

No silva or Kolarov. Interesting.

Aguero(c), KDB, Yaya for me.
    Need City to run riot.

Osman starting instead of kone makes Everton more defensive. An early ageuro goal please.

• Advertisement

CYntyLsWEAAW9ih.png

CYnwY1sWsAAcDiS.jpg

CYnwUxSWQAAu9_r.png

CYnxxNgWwAA1Y_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Forster starts for Southampton.

Both Matt Targett and Bertrand starting also. it'll be interesting to see who plays further forward.
    Bertrand would be my guess.

Super Matty Targett is 3.7 now as well.
    Be great if they kept him in for a few games.

More than likely Targett will drop out when Pelle is fit. with Long/tadic/ward-prowse moving back to into a MF slot

#THFC team: Lloris (c), Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Davies; Carroll, Dier; Lamela, Eriksen, Alli; Kane. #COYS

Liverpool XI: Mignolet, Clyne, Toure, Sakho, Moreno, Henderson, Milner, Can, Lallana, Ibe, Firmino.

Leicester XI: Schmeichel, Simpson, Morgan, Huth, Fuchs, Mahrez, Kanté, Drinkwater, Albrighton, Okazaki, Vardy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement