Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it illegal for people to use the opposite gender toilets?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,249 ✭✭✭✭L1011

stoneill wrote: »
    Ha!
    There is never a queue for the mens and there is ALWAYS a queue for the womens, so I think you just wanted to have a look!

Football/rugby/GAA matches can have the opposite problem - I know of one stadium that actually refitted some of the ladies to gents (half the cubicles out, urinals in) due to severe queues for gents.
    Some years ago in the George men were banned from using the women's rest rooms and vice versa after a couple of alleged sexual assaults. This ban also applied to transgender customers and drag queens/kings. Murder ensured for a few days when it was strictly enforced by security in the pub. After a few days of media attention the bar relented but it was evident at the time that there was no apparent legal premise for them to enforce such a ban.

My memory of the signs up at the time are that it applied to drag but not transgender customers - signs were along the lines of "men and ftmtg only"/"women and mtftg only"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Paulw wrote: »
    The Americans: an example to the world that unchecked democracy is not a good thing...

It's the best democracy that money can buy.

Advertisement