Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

national insurance number uk

Options
  • 12-01-2016 2:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭

Just moved over to UK and need to apply for national insurance number.

I have a passport and my bank account with UK address council tax bill with UK address.

I don't have a driving licence and have lost my birth cert so my only real ID is my passport.

Most threads here say bring plenty of ID. Do you think what I have will be enough?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

monkey8 wrote: »
    Just moved over to UK and need to apply for national insurance number.

I have a passport and my bank account with UK address council tax bill with UK address.

I don't have a driving licence and have lost my birth cert so my only real ID is my passport.

Most threads here say bring plenty of ID. Do you think what I have will be enough?

Thanks in advance

I'm not really sure what they require officially, but just thought I'd add that when I moved to the UK from Ireland many years ago I would have been in a similar situation, and I had no problems getting a national insurance number.

(I had no driving licence, and I'm certain that I had no birth certificate with me in the UK. Passport was the main thing that I had).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

//MOD

OP I think you'll find this forum more suitable for your question.

//MOD

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Duckett

see link below - you may need to visit the office in the area you are settling in. see link below

https://www.gov.uk/apply-national-insurance-number

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

i brought tons of stuff with me 3 months ago..he looked at none of it.."your irish....we dont need everything" I was told. They needed my passport only. Never even looked at my proof of address and all that stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

I only brought my passport and I was fine. One thing, bring in your Irish PPS number to the interview.

• Advertisement
Advertisement