Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electirity customer interested in Nest and Dual Fuel provision

Options
  • 12-01-2016 9:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

The title should be self-explanatory, but as an existing electricity-only customer do I qualify for as a new customer if I take a dual-fuel account under the Nest deal?

Also, is there any way to verify with your installers that my existing heating system is compatible before you commence changing over Gas account?

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi therecklessone,

Thanks for your query.
    as an existing electricity-only customer do I qualify for as a new customer if I take a dual-fuel account under the Nest deal?

In this case, yes, you would qualify to receive the Nest Learning Thermostat at no cost. :)
    is there any way to verify with your installers that my existing heating system is compatible before you commence changing over Gas account?

We can't guarantee compatibility before arranging the installation, but the Nest has been designed to work with the vast majority of heating systems. We would recommend contacting our Home Services team directly on 1850 30 50 85 to discuss this further. Once you have been in touch and an appointment has been booked, it is rare that the technician would encounter any compatibility issues.

This link on the Nest website should also be of use.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    David

Advertisement