Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issues trying to get a landline in a new build

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Any update on the escalation of our order? Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Any update on the escalation of our order?  Thanks.
    Unfortunately not at the minute Shoe Lover

KNN requested the order to be cancelled so this I'm afraid has created delays. I have requested to have this reversed, unfortunately I am unable to allocate an appointment until this has been processed.

-Pamela 

Ok, Pamela. I don't understand why they would cancel the order, but will wait for your feedback on the situation.

Ok, Pamela.  I don't understand why they would cancel the order, but will wait for your feedback on the situation.
    No problem  Shoe Loveras soon as I have further information I will be in touch.

-Pamela 

Hi Pamela,

Any update?  

Thanks,

• Advertisement

Hi Pamela,

Any update?  

Thanks,
    Apologies for the delay Shoe Lover
    The appointment is back with us today and I am working with the escalations team for an appointment the 19th, does this suit?

-Pamela

Yes, that will be fine. Thanks.

Yes, that will be fine.  Thanks.
    That's great Shoe Lover,

I have requested this appointment, I'll check back in with the escalations team tomorrow and be back to you in the afternoon. Escalations are processed every morning so unfortunately I will not have confirmation until then. 

The note regarding the wrong address is still in the notes on the appointment but I have double-checked your order details and I can assure you we have the correct installation address on your order.

-Pamela 

That's great. Thanks a million

That's great.  Thanks a million
    It 's no problem at all, more than happy to help Shoe Lover :cool: 

-Pamela 

• Advertisement

That's great.  Thanks a million
    Hi Shoe Lover,

An appointment has been confirmed for tomorrow.

-Pamela 

Great, thanks Pamela! Hopefully we'll have success!

Great, thanks Pamela!  Hopefully we'll have success!
    Fingers crossed Shoe Lover :)
    Let me know how it goes.

-Pamela 

Great, thanks Pamela! Hopefully we'll have success!
    Fingers crossed Shoe Lover :)
    Let me know how it goes.

-Pamela

Well, still no phone line installed. He arrived, he drove past the house, did a u-turn and left again. Then rang to tell me the following:

1. As the phone line needs to be strung across the road to be connected to our pole, it's a two man job. He can't do it on his own for H&S reasons.
    2. We are still down as being on the Dunleer exchange and we need to be on the Drogheda exchange.

So I told him that now this is the third time that someone has told me about the exchange issue, that Eir have repeatedly refuted, could he please put that in his notes. He says he will.

Then I asked him would he be back with his colleague to do the installation today, he said no, he'll be back next week.

So the wait continues......................

Great, thanks Pamela!  Hopefully we'll have success!
    Fingers crossed Shoe Lover :)
    Let me know how it goes.

-Pamela

Well, still no phone line installed.  He arrived, he drove past the house, did a u-turn and left again.  Then rang to tell me the following:

1. As the phone line needs to be strung across the road to be connected to our pole, it's a two man job.  He can't do it on his own for H&S reasons.
    2. We are still down as being on the Dunleer exchange and we need to be on the Drogheda exchange.

So I told him that now this is the third time that someone has told me about the exchange issue, that Eir have repeatedly refuted, could he please put that in his notes.  He says he will.

Then I asked him would he be back with his colleague to do the installation today, he said no, he'll be back next week.  

So the wait continues......................
    Hi  Shoe Lover,

I'm sorry to hear this however the time taken to complete the connection will vary depending on the level of work involved and whether consents from road and planning authorities and private landowners are necessary. Unfortunately in your case the technician has determined there is further work required to complete the installation.

I have checked the notes the technician has left and he has not advised there is an issue with the exchange, your service is to be provided by the Dunleer exchange and if this needed to be amended he would advise of this. This order is now with our contractor and he will be in contact with you to confirm when the crew will attend to complete the installation.

-Pamela 

Hi  Shoe Lover,

I'm sorry to hear this however the time taken to complete the connection will vary depending on the level of work involved and whether consents from road and planning authorities and private landowners are necessary. Unfortunately in your case the technician has determined there is further work required to complete the installation.

I have checked the notes the technician has left and he has not advised there is an issue with the exchange, your service is to be provided by the Dunleer exchange and if this needed to be amended he would advise of this. This order is now with our contractor and he will be in contact with you to confirm when the crew will attend to complete the installation.

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

I have no issue with the installation requiring two technicians on H&S grounds.  However, I would say that KNN put up the pole so they would have known at that time what level of work was required.  

Also, in relation to the exchange issue, I cannot account for why KNN are not highlighting it in their notes but I sincerely hope that you are not suggesting that I am making this up.

So far no one has been in contact about a revised installation date.  We are now approaching month eight in the landline saga.

Hi  Shoe Lover,

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

I have no issue with the installation requiring two technicians on H&S grounds.  However, I would say that KNN put up the pole so they would have known at that time what level of work was required.  

Also, in relation to the exchange issue, I cannot account for why KNN are not highlighting it in their notes but I sincerely hope that you are not suggesting that I am making this up.

So far no one has been in contact about a revised installation date.  We are now approaching month eight in the landline saga.
    I'm afraid as this was a new order placed Shoe Lover,  the notes from previous technician appointments would not be allocated to this installation I'm afraid. Apologies for the inconvenience caused, I'll be sure to relay your feedback to the correct department.

No I am not implying that however as the technician has not logged a change of exchange request we are unable to amend your exchange details.

Once KNN has allocated a two man crew to your installation they will contact you directly.

-Pamela 

Once KNN has allocated a two man crew to your installation they will contact you directly.

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

I thought the order had been escalated?  The failed appointment occurred last Thursday, it's now Tuesday & no one has contacted me.  How long is it going to take?  Surely there is a Service Level Agreement in place with KNN in relation to response times etc.  

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭eir: Stacey

Hi Show Lover, I can assure you that it has been escalated to the contractor & once they have arranged two available technicians for the installation they will contact you directly. Unfortunately as further work is required the lead time on this can vary however once this is arranged you will be notfiied. I do apologise we are unable to offer you further infomation on this at the minute. Stacey

Hi Show Lover, I can assure you that it has been escalated to the contractor & once they have arranged two available technicians for the installation they will contact you directly. Unfortunately as further work is required the lead time on this can vary however once this is arranged you will be notfiied. I do apologise we are unable to offer you further infomation on this at the minute. Stacey

Hi Stacey,

KNN have just phoned me to say that they are on site. However, as no one informed me that they were coming today, no one is at home to let them in. Communication failure again from both companies imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭eir: Stacey

I'm sorry you feel this way however the technicians can be completing work on site & not need access to your premises. If the technicians require access they will notify you. Stacey

Hi,

Can I please get an update on what is happening with my order?  For the last two days, I have had calls from KNN saying that they were at my house to work on the connection & asking me for access to the house.  On both occasions, I have told them to get a key off my neighbour.  They did not do this.  I was under the impression that they were going to do the cabling to the new telephone pole, but that has not been done.

I'm seriously frustrated here - there is absolutely no communication from either KNN or yourselves.  

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

I'm seriously frustrated here - there is absolutely no communication from either KNN or yourselves.  
    option :

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057558377

gctest50 wrote: »

option :

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057558377
    Hi Shoe Lover,

I can understand your frustration with this however I'm afraid it would not be possible for a technician to enter your home themselves. A technician would need to be granted access to the home and you or someone you have arranged to give them access would need to remain on site with them as they carry out the work required.

This order is currently with KNN as they have determined a two man crew is required to carry out works on site. They will now liaise with you to arrange this appointment.

-Pamela 

So after having two appointments this week where no one showed up or bothered to call to say they weren't coming, I've just spoken to "customer care". Lo and behold, they've tried to do the installation on the WRONG exchange. Never mind that I have repeatedly questioned the exchange details and been told there was no issue.

But now for the best part - ANOTHER order is required. So now I'm supposed to call back on Wednesday (why Wednesday I've no idea) and go through the whole sorry story again!

Just when you think that eir really can't get any worse, they actually can! Totally ridiculous that they can repeatedly mess things up and expect their customers to fix it!

So after having two appointments this week where no one showed up or bothered to call to say they weren't coming, I've just spoken to "customer care".  Lo and behold,  they've tried to do the installation on the WRONG exchange.  Never mind that I have repeatedly questioned the exchange details and been told there was no issue.

But now for the best part - ANOTHER order is required. So now I'm supposed to call back on Wednesday (why Wednesday I've no idea) and go through the whole sorry story again!

Just when you think that eir really can't get any worse, they actually can! Totally ridiculous that they can repeatedly mess things up and expect their customers to fix it!
    I'm sorry to hear this  Shoe Lover,
    It can take 3-5 working days to amend exchange details so this would be why you have been asked to wait until Wednesday to place a new order.

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 18,176 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Ah lads this is turning into a comedy thread!

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Ah lads this is turning into a comedy thread!
    Oh just wait it gets better!

I got a text message yesterday to say my direct debit is due on Friday! :-O Apparently this was sent out to everyone who has ever been in touch with Eir before.

Then I tried to create my SIXTH order & their system is not accepting my bank details. And they can't ring me back because "we are an inbound call centre only, we can't make outgoing calls". Seriously, you couldn't make this up! What a completely ridiculous way to run any sort of a company.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 RunFurther

This is the most insane thread... six orders and Eir still haven't gotten it right?! And no explanation as to why they can't get the poor person's order right each time... shame Eir have the monopoly in Ireland on phone installations bc if they'd competition you can be sure they'd have to pull their socks up. Worth contacting ComReg Shoe Lover?

• Advertisement

RunFurther wrote: »
    This is the most insane thread... six orders and Eir still haven't gotten it right?! And no explanation as to why they can't get the poor person's order right each time... shame Eir have the monopoly in Ireland on phone installations bc if they'd competition you can be sure they'd have to pull their socks up. Worth contacting ComReg Shoe Lover?
    I have been to ComReg :(  

I've been to everyone I can think of at this stage.  I even phoned Sky at one point & asked them if I took the phone out with them, would they deal with Eir but they can't do that :(

Advertisement