Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issues trying to get a landline in a new build

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    RunFurther wrote: »
    This is the most insane thread... six orders and Eir still haven't gotten it right?! And no explanation as to why they can't get the poor person's order right each time... shame Eir have the monopoly in Ireland on phone installations bc if they'd competition you can be sure they'd have to pull their socks up. Worth contacting ComReg Shoe Lover?
    I have been to ComReg :(  

I've been to everyone I can think of at this stage.  I even phoned Sky at one point & asked them if I took the phone out with them, would they deal with Eir but they can't do that :(
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Once you place the new order on Wednesday [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Shoe Lover [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]please do PM me the order number and I will have this escalated.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

RunFurther wrote: »
    This is the most insane thread... six orders and Eir still haven't gotten it right?! And no explanation as to why they can't get the poor person's order right each time... shame Eir have the monopoly in Ireland on phone installations bc if they'd competition you can be sure they'd have to pull their socks up. Worth contacting ComReg Shoe Lover?
    I have been to ComReg :(

I've been to everyone I can think of at this stage. I even phoned Sky at one point & asked them if I took the phone out with them, would they deal with Eir but they can't do that :(
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Once you place the new order on Wednesday [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Shoe Lover [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]please do PM me the order number and I will have this escalated.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]
    Will do.

Although, I will again point out that I shouldn't have to create a new order or a new account as I did not ask for either of them to be cancelled & I didn't make the mistake. Eir did. I'd love to know what corrective action has been put in place to ensure no other customer is treated this appallingly.

So after another 37 minute long phone call, another order & another account have been set up. I will PM the details now, Pamela.

The great irony of it all is that the telephone number allocated to us way back on November 2nd, was in fact for the correct exchange. So how the complete breakdown in process happened is beyond me.

So after another 37 minute long phone call, another order & another account have been set up.  I will PM the details now, Pamela.

The great irony of it all is that the telephone number allocated to us way back on November 2nd, was in fact for the correct exchange.  So how the complete breakdown in process happened is beyond me.
    I have replied back to your PM Shoe Lover,

-Pamela 

Hi Pamela,

I replied to you

• Advertisement

Hi Pamela,

I replied to you
    Thanks  Shoe Lover,

I'll be back to you shortly.

-Pamela 

Hi Pamela,

Do you have an update?

Thanks

Hi Pamela,

Do you have an update?

Thanks
    I have requested an appointment for tomorrow  Shoe Lover  as soon as it is confirmed I will be back to you. 

-Pamela

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Shoe Lover,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]This appointment is now confirmed for tomorrow.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Shoe Lover,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]This appointment is now confirmed for tomorrow.[/font]

So the installation did actually happen on Friday.  However, although we have a dial tone, we can't actually make or receive any calls.  I called "Customer Care" again & apparently, the line will not be made active until the 16th because "the system does not know that the work has been carried out".  When I suggested that the agent overrode the system, I was told that she could not.  So I'm not really sure what the point of the escalation was if we still have to wait until Thursday anyway.

• Advertisement

So the installation did actually happen on Friday.  However, although we have a dial tone, we can't actually make or receive any calls.  I called "Customer Care" again & apparently, the line will not be made active until the 16th because "the system does not know that the work has been carried out".  When I suggested that the agent overrode the system, I was told that she could not.  So I'm not really sure what the point of the escalation was if we still have to wait until Thursday anyway.
    Hi Shoe Lover,

Can you try make a call now and let me know how you get on?

-Pamela 

Hi Shoe Lover,

-Pamela 
    Amazing!  It actually works now!  Thank you.

Will just wait to hear back from the complaints department now in relation to my latest letter.

Hi Shoe Lover,

-Pamela 
    Amazing!  It actually works now!  Thank you.

Will just wait to hear back from the complaints department now in relation to my latest letter.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem at all [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Shoe Lover[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] :D [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]The order was completed at 9.05pm Friday by the technician which is not classed as a working day so this is why the order completion has delayed.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Please don't hesitate to let me know should you need any further assistance. [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]- Pamela [/font]

Advertisement