Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barndance 2016

Options
  • 12-01-2016 11:02am

Hey guys,

Does anybody have any information on Barndance 2016? I cant see anything on their website. I have some friends visiting from the UK for Easter and need something to entertain them on Good Friday with all the pubs closed.

If Bardance is not going ahead does anybody know of anything else going on that day like Secret Sounds etc??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Hey guys,

Does anybody have any information on Barndance 2016? I cant see anything on their website. I have some friends visiting from the UK for Easter and need something to entertain them on Good Friday with all the pubs closed.

If Bardance is not going ahead does anybody know of anything else going on that day like Secret Sounds etc??

I'd say Barndance could still go ahead, don't think it was announced this early last year anyway but maybe I'm wrong. Secret Sounds has been on the past two easter weekends but the last two Secret Sounds have been cancelled at the last minute (NYE & Halloween) so I'd say there are question marks over if that will be on again...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

it was announced at the end of February last year.
    Easter is a week earlier this year so probably looking at sometime in February anyway before it's officially announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Todd Terje

They updated their Facebook page today with a "BD Festival 2016" cover photo, so it appears to be going ahead. Tickets went on sale on January 30th last year, so I would expect similar this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭milehip

Scrobranach in Waterford gonna be a blast.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

BD Festival
    ** IRELAND's BIGGEST BYOB FESTIVAL RETURNS!! **
    BD Festival is back with a vengeance and we're delighted to be teaming up with some of the country's finest promoters and performers for this year's edition on Good Friday March 25th. Stay posted for some huge act announcements and more information over the coming days. Limited €40 introductory price tickets available via Eventbrite.
    Tickets: http://bit.ly/1OSlx6J

• Advertisement

The first act to be announced for BD Festival 2016 is disco legend Dimitri From Paris.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

what's the crowd like at this usually? very young ?

Dense & Pika will be bringing some banging techno to the table on Good Friday!

Mylo and Smash Hits added

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

jobless wrote: »
    what's the crowd like at this usually? very young ?

Mostly under 30 I would have said, didn't see any trouble at it last year but there were definitely a few rough looking characters but most of them were too mashed to do anything.

I had a good day/night anyway but generally stayed around the less 'dance' orientated tent.

• Advertisement
Advertisement