Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation Leopardstown Area

Options
  • 12-01-2016 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

I have been offered a contract by a company in Central Park, Leopardstown.
    The logistics do not suit me as I live in Blanchardstown.
    I am toying with the idea of staying around Leopardstown and wonder what options there might be in terms of (inexpensive) hotels etc. there or is it possible to commute by public transport (I do not wan to drive, if possible).

Thanks for any suggestions:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

weshtawake wrote: »
    I am toying with the idea of staying around Leopardstown and wonder what options there might be in terms of (inexpensive) hotels etc. there or is it possible to commute by public transport (I do not wan to drive, if possible).

Public transport would be via town and could easily take up to 2 hours each way.

You're not going to find a cheap hotel, it's prime real estate area and even the one bed apartments are going for 1400/month down the road in The Grange.

Do you own or rent in Blanchardstown? If you rent, you could move somewhere close to the Green line Luas. Otherwise, I'd suggest the M50 is your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭weshtawake

Thanks for that.

What kind of drive would it be via the M50??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Thanks for that.

What kind of drive would it be via the M50??

I've never done that direction in the morning. I used to drive northbound from Leopardstown exit to N7 exit in the morning about 5 years ago but the traffic was much better then.

I've heard about the problems with the M50 these days. I'd say it's not pleasant and you'd have to factor in two toll crossings a day as well which is 4.20/day at least, which is going to be about a grand a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Without traffic it's not a bad commute on the M50.
    With traffic, well it's the M50.

If you're starting for 9, it'll be over an hour. Not sure about earlier, but starting for 9.30/10 it'd be about half an hour.
    Google maps says 16mins with no traffic. That's Blanch entrance to Central Park, Leopardstown.

Any chance you could negotiate non-standard working hours to avoid the worst of rush hour?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Luas goes to Central Park, so if you could from home to somewhere on the green line?
    As mentioned already, there's no real inexpensive hotels etc... around anymore. A few years ago perhaps, but with such a high demand now you'll be paying top dollar.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

You could probably get a small room in a house share situation for about €400 a month. Provided you are not locked into a contract it would be far less expensive than any hotel or B & B.

Advertisement