Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kickstart your New Year and WIN a Fitbit from Electric Ireland!

Options
  • 12-01-2016 11:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

It's the new year, a time when people tend to think of health and fitness goals... and with the Olympics set to take place this year also, there will be plenty of inspiration!

We are delighted to be supporting Team Ireland as they make their journey on the road to Rio. For athletes like Thomas, the training begins in the very early hours of the morning - you can see his first day of 2016 in our short story below:

We're sure you were also out for an early morning run on New Year’s Day ;) but just in case you need a little extra push, we're giving away a Fitbit Charge to one lucky Boards.ie member!

5V1Rdp8.png?1

To be in with a chance to win, just post your New Year’s resolution to this thread!

Just to note:
    - This competition closes on the afternoon of Tuesday 26th January
    - One entry per person

All the best!

The Electric Ireland Social Media team

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭ems_12

I've picked an achievable NYR to go with my usual 'get fit, stop eating junk' resolutions.......hydrate!! I'm cutting out as much tea & coffee as possible, and trying to drink a lot more water throughout the day  :) Now if I could just get a Fitbit to encourage the fitness side of things I'd be doing well ;) 

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭coolclogher

Give up the cigarettes

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

To take up running, this would be a great help

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

To try to stop stressing over things so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭RoadhouseBlues

I have started drinking alkaline water, am visiting the health shop more often (instead of annoying the doctor all the time), and I would like to get more active. Thats the plan:-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 sparkyboy71

Well this year I want to enter a bodybuilding competition.. At 45 it will have to be "Masters" ... Also know as "Old Farts" category... But I want to train hard and compete!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Sleep. Get long, good sleep every night. I basically spent my twenties over tired, and then wondered why I had no energy. For the past 10 days Ive been in bed before midnight, many days in bed before 11, and getting up has not been as torurous as it was in the past.

So my new years resolution is to get more, better quality sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭clancger

Looks like everyone here on same wavelength ;-)

Sleep More
    Stress less
    Get more liquids in

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Morini

I have two: To do 'Park Run' every Saturday, and to enter one competition every week (this one counts!).

And having read others', I think I'd better hydrate too.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭lazer.blue

Get active

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Mine is simply to read more books :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

Start playing basketball again. I've let myself down a lot in that aspect over the last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

Go visit the folks more often.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭razor12345

Stick to my marathon training plan and finally break sub 4 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

my resolution is to spend more time focused on my daughter, and do more activities with her. phone gets put away when shes around (shes napping at min so i'm allowed it now!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Enter more competitions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

This will probably sound so cheesy but just to be a better version of myself
     in every way possible (healthy, happy and kind) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭billbond4

don more running at lunchtime at work instead of chatting in the canteen.
    Put my phone away and play properly with my kids

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I would love to win this because I am trying to focus on exercise now that I have close just about 8 stone (1lb away) 

This would encourage me to do more exercise to maintain this weight! 

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭remeneerb

I'm going to start training for a half marathon later this year so early starts and no late nights for me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

My new year's resolution is to look a little less pointy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Sandyn75

To follow the 80/20 rule and take up boxercise

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Evelyn c

Because I know diets do not work, the only way to loose weight and get fit has to be a lifestyle change. Eat healthy and exercise. I will continue to follow this mind set for 2016 plus I have now given up salt in my diet. I now use herbs and spices to flavour food and two weeks into January I do not miss it, Happy New Year all 

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭magicray

I am going to stop worrying and stressing about things that I have no control over - I cant have another year like 2015 :( 

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭CBFi

I lost 3 stone last year and it's my goal to keep up the good work and lose another 3 stone this year and be a healthy weight and feel good in my own skin! 

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Get myself into shape. Running 3 times a week. And learn Spanish . 

Gracias !

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Smokeyskelton

Get very slightly fitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

To spend next Christmas and New Years in the sun because I can't take the frigging cold here

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭g1983d

My NYR is exercise more so that I have more energy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭pogsick

I'm not fat by any means but I do need to lose the gut that has appeared in the last year or so. Drink more water(extremely tedious as I don't like the boringness of it) and get extremely lucky work wise

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement