Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iBood Issue

Options
  • 12-01-2016 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I purchased an item (set of speakers) from iBood just before Christmas.

The item was delivered after christmas and I set everything up, but during my calibration and testing I noticed that one of the speakers was faulty.

I email iBood last week about the issue and as of yet I have received no reply. I have emailed them twice more since (yesterday and today) and am still waiting for them to acknowledge the email (apart from the usual auto reply).

Has anyone here had experience dealing with a warranty issue with iBood?

If they continue to not respond what are my options?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

How did you pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭techdiver

How did you pay?

Paid by Credit Card.

Was thinking about the chargeback option, but I'd probably need to prove I exhausted every other option I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

techdiver wrote: »
    Paid by Credit Card.

Was thinking about the chargeback option, but I'd probably need to prove I exhausted every other option I'd say.

Yeah, have you tried phoning them?

Yeah, have you tried phoning them?

Not yet. There phone number is in Holland, so did want to do that dance just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Iblood are notorious for their awful CS. Ring them. Much harder to ignore a call than an email.

• Advertisement

Just a follow up on this.

Eventually I got through to them and returned the item for "repair". They sent me a UPS shipping label and the pickup went fine.

My item was recorded as delivered on the 8th of February in Holland. I waited a week and emailed them to ask for a status update. They replied claiming they had not received anything and for me to provide evidence. (All they had to do was look up the UPS tracking number that they provided me ffs!).

I sent on the tracking label which proved delivery.

Since then I have been stone walled with no update. It's been an entire month now and I have no clue what is going on. They are the worst company I have ever dealt with in my life and that is some achievement!

If I don't get any information off them in the next week or so I will inform them I am starting charge back proceedings. Then after another week I'll actually do it.

Surely it would be an open a shut case based on the evidence I have of emails and lack of responses and contact with them, along with the proof of delivery back to them.

It's hilarious now.

I finally got a reply after 4 weeks this morning apologising etc. Then they proceed to tell me that they weren't able to process the refund as they don't have my Bank details!! Considering it was returning for "repair" I was taken aback by this a small bit. Nevertheless I decided to play along so I can be shot of them. I can get my refund and purchase what I want from a more reputable source. The informed me they would refund me within 10 days... here's hoping!

Funny though, it seems one hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

Just be careful they don't give you the runaround so long that you're past the charge back deadline.

They should also be refunding you the same way you paid. I'm presuming they have your card details, so they should just be refunding to the card.

seagull wrote: »
    Just be careful they don't give you the runaround so long that you're past the charge back deadline.

They should also be refunding you the same way you paid. I'm presuming they have your card details, so they should just be refunding to the card.

What is the standard charge back deadline?

It's already been a few month since the original purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

techdiver wrote: »
    What is the standard charge back deadline?

It's already been a few month since the original purchase.
    It depends on the rules set by your card provider and can vary between providers (eg between 3 to 6 months). You need to check the rules specific to your card scheme.

http://www.consumerhelp.ie/chargeback
    http://www.aibms.com/help/management-tasks/dealing-chargebacks/

• Advertisement

Just an update.

My refund came through today, so I can close the book on this chapter.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭Monokne

Having a similar issue with them myself at the moment, posted in the most recent iBood thread. They sound like an absolute joy! Did you ever ring them in the end Techdiver?

Monokne wrote: »
    Having a similar issue with them myself at the moment, posted in the most recent iBood thread. They sound like an absolute joy! Did you ever ring them in the end Techdiver?

Rang a couple of times. Takes a while to get through. They arranged a UPS pickup for the item once I explained the issue.

I just kept at them until I got a full refund. They are a bunch of chancers. Customer service is non existent.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭iwo

Monokne wrote: »
    I just kept at them until I got a full refund. They are a bunch of chancers. Customer service is non existent.

Thanks, I will keep trying. This is hard to accept, they just act like they don't care.

They're not acting, they just don't care.

I had to email and ring them over and over and over. In the end, I was refunded my entire order of two microsoft tablets when only one had been returned, so it worked out well for me.

Same as you, they were refurbs. Refurbs from almost anywhere else are great but iBood...not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@iwo - please do not use Boards to post your videos

dudara

Advertisement