Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mechanic recommendations

Options
  • 12-01-2016 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭

Hi I am looking for a mechanic in the Tullow area ideally or Carlow town. While price is a good thing I want somebody who is not gonna rip me off and can stand over their work. Thanks (Mod: I did a search first and the last thread seemed to be over a year ole so hope you do not mind me starting one)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Ive used Pauraig Keating over in rathole for a few things and never had any issues, would recommend him if you are out that way..

http://www.pk-motors.com

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Snaffles2014

I cannot remember his name now but there is meant to be a very good (honest and discusses options etc.) guy in Tullow, used to work for NCT Centre in Naas I'm told. If I remember or get the name I'll post it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Thanks Lads:

I emailed pk to get a price back on the work he emailed last night and said he'd get back with price etc

Snaffles: Would love to get that name as would be really handy to get it done while in work. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Piggybacking on this thread, anyone know of a decent mechanic in carlow town?

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭jay gatsby

Piggybacking on this thread, anyone know of a decent mechanic in carlow town?

I would recommend both Mick Kavanagh (good with Ford) in Browneshill and John Reamsbottom (does a lot with Volkswagon/audi etc.) in Oak Park. Both only 5 minutes from town

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

jay gatsby wrote:
    I would recommend both Mick Kavanagh (good with Ford) in Browneshill and John Reamsbottom (does a lot with Volkswagon/audi etc.) in Oak Park. Both only 5 minutes from town

I use John myself I find him very good and a nice lad to talk too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Went with John dermody on the hacketstown road up beside pratts etc was fantastic service and a lovely guy who really knows his stuff

Advertisement