Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maynooth Business Park & Roundabout

Options
  • 12-01-2016 12:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Anyone know if there are any plans to open another entrance / exit in the business park or do something to help with the flow of traffic here? Getting out of it in the evenings is some job - can take up to a half an hour ijust to get to the exit! management dont seem to have a clue! The round about is a joke.
    How there arent more accidents here Ill never know. Something needs to be done here.

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Idina wrote: »
    Anyone know if there are any plans to open another entrance / exit in the business park or do something to help with the flow of traffic here? Getting out of it in the evenings is some job - can take up to a half an hour ijust to get to the exit! management dont seem to have a clue! The round about is a joke.
    How there arent more accidents here Ill never know. Something needs to be done here.
    Management of the business park surely have no involvement in terms of the roundabout as it would be governed presumably by Kildare Co Co. Any second entrance/exit to the business park would be a decision made by the council (following an application from management). Nonetheless, a second entrance/exit would presumably be on the L5054. Any traffic exiting onto this would in all liklehood try and get onto the R406 again thus defeating the purpose.
    Any likely change here will be the usual Irish solution of putting traffic lights onto the roundabout (which defeats the purpose of the roundabout).
    Regarding the potential for collisions, this is poor behaviour and driving skills by the drivers themselves!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

kbannon wrote: »
    Management of the business park surely have no involvement in terms of the roundabout as it would be governed presumably by Kildare Co Co. Any second entrance/exit to the business park would be a decision made by the council (following an application from management). Nonetheless, a second entrance/exit would presumably be on the L5054. Any traffic exiting onto this would in all liklehood try and get onto the R406 again thus defeating the purpose.
    Any likely change here will be the usual Irish solution of putting traffic lights onto the roundabout (which defeats the purpose of the roundabout).
    Regarding the potential for collisions, this is poor behaviour and driving skills by the drivers themselves!

Thankfully I don't think Kildare co co can't put lights on this one as it has an exit coming from the M4 and traffic can't be allowed back up on to that I hope.

I have friends who work there and park closer to the entrance and then walk to their car in the evenings. Might as well exercise than sit in a queue of traffic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

lordgoat wrote: »
    Thankfully I don't think Kildare co co can't put lights on this one as it has an exit coming from the M4 and traffic can't be allowed back up on to that I hope

There are traffic lights at some M50 slips. There used to be at the N4 junction with M50 too. So I don't think that's the reason.

We've enough bloody traffic lights in this town as it is so I hope this isn't even considered.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

kbannon wrote: »
    Any traffic exiting onto this would in all liklehood try and get onto the R406 again thus defeating the purpose.
    surely lots of people going to Celbridge/Leixlip would head the opposite way, and it would be a quicker route to the M4 rather than sitting around for 20-30mins to get out of the business park and enter the M4 at the Maynooth junction?

I'd imagine people going to Straffan would head back towards the R406 but it should be relatively freeflowing getting out as they don't have to cross the road onto the R406....

might get some people heading north/west who would use it and go back to the R406 and through the roundabout, but it would still take plenty of vehicles away from the roundabout at least...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Judging by the absolute dog's arse they're making of the osberstown roundabout at sallins, KCC should stay away from anything to do with roundabouts.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Orion wrote: »
    There are traffic lights at some M50 slips. There used to be at the N4 junction with M50 too. So I don't think that's the reason.

We've enough bloody traffic lights in this town as it is so I hope this isn't even considered.

Good point but the main reason all those lights had to go was volume of cars. And the risk of a massive pile up was a very real possibility. It's also the reason both the N4 and the N7 off ramps from the m50 were never shelved when the country had zero money. Or so one of the people who worked on them told me.

The N4 and N& off ramps west bound have some of the highest traffic volume around i'd guess.

Advertisement