Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Voice getting tired too quickly

Options
  • 12-01-2016 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,004 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

I used to sing a lot when I was younger, up to the age of maybe 15, and didn't really sing at all since (other than the car/shower).

Late enough last year (im now 28 for time lapsed context) I started singing again just in like jamming sessions with a group of friends.

We do it once a week for a couple of hours and often in the second hour my voice gets tired and a bit croaky.

I don't ever remember this happening when I was singing before, but what I was singing might have suited me better. We currently do rock songs.

Any tips on how to prevent this?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Jocnic

Hey Guys,

I used to sing a lot when I was younger, up to the age of maybe 15, and didn't really sing at all since (other than the car/shower).

Late enough last year (im now 28 for time lapsed context) I started singing again just in like jamming sessions with a group of friends.

We do it once a week for a couple of hours and often in the second hour my voice gets tired and a bit croaky.

I don't ever remember this happening when I was singing before, but what I was singing might have suited me better. We currently do rock songs.

Any tips on how to prevent this?

Cheers

Hi, this may sound like an irrelevant question but what do you usually be drinking when singing? I was told by an experienced singer years ago to never have ice in a drink before singing and try to have warm drinks not cold. It dries out the throat and causes you to work harder to keep a good sound then eventually ya lose it. Might work, worth a try at least ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Vetro

You use muscles to make sound. Exercise. Sing every day for 15-20 minutes. You'll be knocking out 2 hours in no time. Easy. Drink plenty of water too.

Advertisement