Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dear Person Who Found My Wallet It and Kept it

Options
  • 12-01-2016 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Dear Person Who Found My Wallet It and Kept it
    I dropped or misplaced my wallet in Heatons store in Maynooth on Saturday evening (9th January 2016) around 5pm and I guess my misfortune was your good fortune and you are now richer to the tune of 50 euro plus change. You are welcome to the money - lets face it, there are not many of us who would turn down an extra 50 euro in any given week. Even the wallet may be of use to you - its a basic River Island cream and black wallet - (€25 in River Island so you could buy yourself and your friends or family another 2 more if you wanted) - and its still got a few more years life in it so I can see the merit in maybe holding onto it. However, and this is the part where my understanding of human nature escapes me - naive and all as it may be - what use are the cancelled bank cards, store loyalty cards and other personal stuff to you? I may be financially worse off by €50 but by holding onto (or discarding) my wallet you have taken photographs of my family and me that I will never be able to replace - and that's the killer!! I have left my contact details in Heatons, Tesco customer service and Eurogiant in Maynooth. If you have ever lost or had something taken from you that you valued and meant something to you - please return the photos from my wallet! It would make my day to get them back!
    Regards
    PsychUser

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Moved to Kildare forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Sorry to hear OP.

Could you resort to other social media sites (twitter / facebook) to see if you can get it back?

E.G. send a tweet / get them to retweet share from the likes of https://twitter.com/MaynoothBuzz

PsychUser wrote: »
    I have left my contact details in Heatons, Tesco customer service and Eurogiant in Maynooth.

Without sounding silly, have you also left them with the Gardai, too? I know two people who lost wallets and had them recovered by the Gardai (one even still had the cash inside).

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭ElKavo

You could also post here ... https://www.facebook.com/groups/maynoothpastpresentfutrue/

Hope you have some luck, as you say cash, cards and other bits are replaceable but its the photos that are always the killer!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 PsychUser

Thank you all for taking the time to reply and the sympathy. Much appreciated ...no luck with guards either...as a woman far greater than me once said....let it go! Happy 2016 to you all.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 843 ✭✭✭HandsomeDan

Ive never understood why anyone would have a 50 in their wallet outside of a bar night. If you're gongoing to spend that kind of money chip and pin it.

Tip: Never have more than a 20 on you outside social event...

F♡ck it, I found your wallet and spent the 50 on cigarettes.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Try Leixlip Garda station.
    I found a wallet here in Maynooth a while back and I brought it to Maynooth Garda station--they told me to bring it to Leixlip which is the regional division head quarters.

Maybe if someone found yours it was dropped to Leixlip.
    Might be worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭minterno

Ive never understood why anyone would have a 50 in their wallet outside of a bar night. If you're gongoing to spend that kind of money chip and pin it.

what a dick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

How bad has Ireland become in the last couple years if you cant safely have 50 quid in your wallet without fear of it being stolen?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Boardz Fiend

There are plenty of valid reasons someone might prefer to use cash over chip & pin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Contact the local bank branch. I found a wallet recently and had grave doubts about heading it into the person in the shop (I handed something in before and when I said it to the manager a few days later it had never been logged.) I popped it into bank that the credit cards came from.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Classy.

Don't post in this thread again.

tHB

Advertisement