Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems setting up eircom email on new computer

Options
  • 12-01-2016 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,010 ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

So my parents got a new computer over christmas and we have got issues with setting their eircom email up on it.

We are receiving emails fine however unable to send any, all the settings are correct. I attempted using eir's livechat service and was pretty disappointed with the incredibly basic troubleshooting available there which amounted to me simply re-entering the correct settings again and then being told to use the webmail browser version and email for support on this.

This was simply not a resolution I find acceptable, the lack of having an option for my ticket to be escalated to someone who can further help and instead being told I have to email in to another team and explain things again using the incredibly poor webmail app is not good customer service at all.

Leaving that issue aside what help can you provide or guidance on how to fix this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,010 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Got on with your tech support by phone and went through quite a bit more troubleshooting however theres still no resolution

Advertisement