Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry candidates in GE 2016

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭lukin

Having a discussion with a mate here- can anyone point me in the direction of what initiatives Martin Ferris has been involved in?
    Job creation ones specifically

Sure,here you go:
    http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/1/1d/Absolutely_nothing.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20050420174213

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭amdaley28

Having a discussion with a mate here- can anyone point me in the direction of what initiatives Martin Ferris has been involved in?
    Job creation ones specifically

Don't know whether this is Martin Ferris or one of the Healy-Rea boys doing.

152037_60_news_hub_multi_630x0.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

amdaley28 wrote: »
    Don't know whether this is Martin Ferris or one of the Healy-Rea boys doing.

152037_60_news_hub_multi_630x0.jpg

This photo was proven not to have even been taken in Ireland, let alone Kerry! Plus apparently photo shopped!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    This photo was proven not to have even been taken in Ireland, let alone Kerry! Plus apparently photo shopped!

I thought it was taken in Killorglin? I'm pretty sure I saw it with my own eyes :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

siblers wrote: »
    I thought it was taken in Killorglin? I'm pretty sure I saw it with my own eyes :pac:

Not even taken in Ireland, it's from the uk apparently! But even then I think I was a hoax!

http://traleetoday.ie/killorglin/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

Ciarrai76 wrote: »

It was shown not to be in Ireland, but in fairness didn't we come close enough to recreating it with the arrows on the opposite side of the road on the Tralee bypass :rolleyes:

Anyone know if they've been removed? Haven't been out that way in ages

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

So the answer is absolutely nothing? How did he get in for another term?
    I just find the voting patterns in my home county to be very strange

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭cms88

Because he was on the anti everything ticket

Very strange post, most 5 seat constituencies should have had a sinn fein candidate in contention given their national vote.

Obviously Sinn Fein are not the same as other parties so this isn't uniform but Kerry 5 seater was pretty normal as regards Sinn Fein's vote.

In fact Ferris achieved a lower first preference than the national average.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Very strange post, most 5 seat constituencies should have had a sinn fein candidate in contention given their national vote.

Obviously Sinn Fein are not the same as other parties so this isn't uniform but Kerry 5 seater was pretty normal as regards Sinn Fein's vote.

In fact Ferris achieved a lower first preference than the national average.

My issue is with the lack of job creation in the county- yet the incumbant TDs who do nothing still get returned.

We constantly hear about how we are disadvantaged in terms of jobs yet guys who do absolutely zilch in terms of job creation dont get removed.
    I'm just using Ferris as an example but he has been there for maybe 15 years or so and yet no one can name a single thing job creation initiative that he has been involved in.

I'd imagine all anyone will be able to come up with is- some protest whereby more free stuff is promised as part of the Sinn Fein manifesto- no empowerment, just empty promises of free stuff.

• Advertisement
Advertisement