Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle vs Manchester United 12/1/15 k/o 19.45 BT 1.

1789101113»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

One of the most fun games I've watched in a long time

• martyos121 wrote: »
    I'm sorry I mistook you for a Liverpool fan, it's just you post so much about them! :pac:

Must try harder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,005 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Great game. Have to point the finger at Smalling though, that penalty was the turning point. Wouldn't be too harsh on Lingard, he never hid and Fellaini should have been off long before him.

I think the reason Fellaini stayed on was because we didn't have another CDM on the bench.. the only other option would have been to put on McNair for him and move Blind into CDM. I'd rather Fellaini on the pitch rather then McNair tbh.

A lot of positives tonight from United as regards how we played but in fairness we are not ****ing Swansea so we shouldn't be talking in terms of positives after a draw with Newcastle only about 3 points. Newcastle deserve credit though to come back 3 times, hard to say in that regard they didn't deserve a draw.

Lingard and Fellaini in particular are guilty of missing so many good chances for us this season.. great chance for Lingard tonight and a sitter for Fellani... the difference between the winning and not winning of that game tonight. Frustrating and some.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

United have to be happy with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Louis will be happy there with the point

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

Decuc500 wrote: »
    How have United not won that? Can't blame Van Gaal for Fellaini and Lingard missing sitters.
    Oh please. Newcastle deserved at least a draw.

The Lingard chance was not a sitter and the Fellani header demanded a superb save from Eliot. De Gea also made one or two incredible saves in the game.

Two evenly matched teams and a very even game as predicted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Decuc500

Andre 3000 wrote: »
    United have to be happy with that.

Happy with conceding right at the end when they should have had the game won? Really?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Can't recall the last time we've came from two goals down to grab something. Arsenal 4-4 perhaps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,580 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Utd have improved recently. No reason to get rid of him yet

There are plenty of reasons. The improvement has been minimal and in reality he hasn't got a clue what he's doing anymore. Football has passed LVG by and he's too proud to accept it and change. United will most likely drop another place in the table after losing to Liverpool, which I firmly believe will happen. I've never felt such negativity as a United fan even when moyes was in charge. I expect United to lose every game they play these days and end up pleasantly surprised by a point.

Glazers Out!

Canadel wrote: »
    Oh please. Newcastle deserved at least a draw.

The Lingard chance was not a sitter and the Fellani header demanded a superb save from Eliot. De Gea also made one or two incredible saves in the game.

Two evenly matched teams and a very even game as predicted.

Didn't say Newcastle didn't deserve a draw. They fought to the end. But United kind of threw it away, no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,620 ✭✭✭eigrod

Rooney would've got a penalty if he went down in that run into the box he had just before Newcastle scored their 3rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

nullzero wrote: »
    There are plenty of reasons. The improvement has been minimal and in reality he hasn't got a clue what he's doing anymore. Football has passed LVG by and he's too proud to accept it and change. United will most likely drop another place in the table after losing to Liverpool, which I firmly believe will happen. I've never felt such negativity as a United fan even when moyes was in charge. I expect United to lose every game they play these days and end up pleasantly surprised by a point.

I don't agree at all with "football has passed LVG" that's an incorrect statement. There are many reasons why his time at Man Utd has not been successful but Van Gaal's ideas and philosophies certainly are not part of that. Afterall he's had a pretty major impact onot the current Bayern Munich side and also on top coaches like Guardiola and Mourinho. Football has not passed him by, that is not the issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

I know my opinion isn't impartial but I genuinely thought Newcastle deserved to win over the 90 minutes. Very good performance as was the one against Arsenal. No wins to show for either though.

But United kind of threw it away, no?
    No. Both teams had chances to win the game. Neither dominated. Extremely even contest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,179 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I just saw an ad for loyalty on the American stream I was watching. An advert not selling anything, just telling me I should be loyal to my friends. What the actual fúck.

I tell ya, these mid table battles can really surprise you

I wish we were mid-table....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Boskowski wrote: »
    terrible game

Actually got a bit better in the end :)

Canadel wrote: »
    No. Both teams had chances to win the game. Neither dominated. Extremely even contest.

Even contest alright but when you're winning by a goal, have a great chance to finish off the game then concede at the end I call that kind of throwing away the 3 points.

Even contest alright but when you're winning by a goal, have a great chance to finish off the game then concede at the end I call that kind of throwing away the 3 points.
    It's a tough way to lose the game but it's not throwing the game away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

For sheer entertainment it would be sad to see newcastle get relegated. they have been involved in some fantastic encounters over the last 20 years or so.I think the premiership would be a poorer place without them.

• Advertisement

PL manager shocker. LVG thinks the peno he got was correct, the one given against him not correct...

NufcNavan wrote: »
    PL manager shocker. LVG thinks the peno he got was correct, the one given against him not correct...

Ref was crap for both teams. He can have no complaints other than how he sets up his team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Louis is not a happy man. I if I was a United fan, I'd be worried that he'll see that game as justification for his more defensive approach and that he'll go right back to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭adox

That_Guy wrote: »
    Ref was crap for both teams. He can have no complaints other than how he sets up his team.

To be fair to him he said the result was nothing to do with ref decisions.

Jake Humphreys thinks that this is a fitting game for Pavel Srnicek... 6 goals conceded... I don't think so. :)

adox wrote: »
    To be fair to him he said the result was nothing to do with ref decisions.

Well, it was for 2 of the goals. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

UrbanFret wrote: »
    For sheer entertainment it would be sad to see newcastle get relegated. they have been involved in some fantastic encounters over the last 20 years or so.I think the premiership would be a poorer place without them.

More than held their own tonight. It's gad a lot of stale possession in 1st half but Newcastle fought back and I thought dominated 2nd half. 3rd utd goal somewhat against the run of play but they dominated after that amen should have killed the game. Utd playing a counterattacking game with a slow ponderous Rooney up top, meanwhile martial going to seed on the wing was strange to me. Commentators bigging utd up was typical, Rooney motm was just silly. Brilliant strike for goal but generally poor enough, while cissoko and wjnaldum were excellent for Newcastle.

Rooney motm was just silly.

I don't disagree with that to be honest. 2 goals, 1 assist is a nice looking set of stats regardless of how well you've performed elsewhere on the pitch.

Stone waller not given for Newcastle in the first half too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

NufcNavan wrote: »
    He's brilliant, isn't he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭adox

Should have said he said Utd not winning was nothing to do with ref decisions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Great game. You can see why United don't attack so much, when they attack they can't defend.
    Smalling and Lingard will be getting the shlaps off Louis in the dressing room.

So was Smalling and Rooney was good? I didn't see the game at all so an honest summary would be great off anyone :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,522 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    ByeBye "Newcastle Fans"

Roooooooney Goooooooaalaalalalalalalaa

Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Chris Smalling responsible for 3 goals tonight the best defender in the league.

Are you 'aving a laugh?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Oranage2 wrote: »

Are you 'aving a laugh?

He's had a brilliant season,not perfect,but undoubtedly been very good.

He did have a horror show though and was at fault for only 2 of there goals and never looked comfortable tonight,but saying he was responsible for there third goal is very unfair,there's not much he could have done. He had a Sakho tonight,that's for sure.

He'll be back on it on Sunday I'm confident of that.

• Advertisement

Oranage2 wrote: »

Are you 'aving a laugh?

Tbf, I don't think anyone said he's the best afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

I'm not saying he is or isn't the best in the league, but I do remember a few Man Utd fans on this forum saying that he is the best in the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Not dissing Smalling, but yeah hes been talked about as best in league by United fans for past 3/4 months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Remember that game Messi didn't play great? What were they thinking giving him a Balon d'Or?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Remember that game Messi didn't play great?

No.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Newcastle +1 @evens for me.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

My prediction?

1384612849133.jpg

Got that spot in to be honest

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,349 ✭✭✭Quandary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,597 ✭✭✭brevity

4 years later...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Looking forward to this match

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement