Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agencies looking for houses to rent adapted for elderly etc.,

Options
  • 12-01-2016 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi, I have a property north city, 4 beds, which has been adapted over the years to accommodate somebody with mobility problems - chair lift, rails, disability bathroom, ramp access to back garden etc.

Ideally, I would like the facilities in the house to be used by folk who they would benefit.

Are there any agencies that rent adapted properties specifically? I have spoken to a few Housing Associations and they all either purchase rather than rent or access accommodation through DCC, who in turn do not rent 4 bed properties.

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Its a 4 bed property. It's unlikely that something that large is suitable for anybody who requires those additions(usually elderly). Plus you have limited yourself to a tiny portion of a demanding market. Good luck though.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Its a 4 bed property. It's unlikely that something that large is suitable for anybody who requires those additions(usually elderly). Plus you have limited yourself to a tiny portion of a demanding market. Good luck though.

Children with disabilities are as likely to be born into large families as small ones.

OP, maybe approach some of the disability organisations and ask if they would be willing to advertise the house for your through their networks.

There could well be a family who are looking for exactly what you are offering, and who are despairing over the general rental market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

OP have you been in touch with your local council? They might be interested in long term lease or may even make a good offer to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Eniledam

Hi, thanks for your replies.

I appreciate the property is too large for one person. I am aware that some organisations have houses in the community where 3 or 4 residents live together supported by carers. Most of the organisations, however purchase properties for this purpose. I am looking for one such organisation that could be interested in renting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Eniledam wrote: »
    Hi, thanks for your replies.

I appreciate the property is too large for one person. I am aware that some organisations have houses in the community where 3 or 4 residents live together supported by carers. Most of the organisations, however purchase properties for this purpose. I am looking for one such organisation that could be interested in renting it.

Put it up on daft. Rent to whom ever wants it and you are happy with. Your wasting time and money waiting for some special agency to rent it. That been said if time and money is of no importance to you hold on and see what happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Humour Me

Many of the organisations you are looking to rent to are now subject to HIQA regulations which are detailed in the types of accommodation and facilities that should be in place. They would probably need to put money into the property to reach the required standards so renting doesn't make any sense for them.

Put it up on daft, show clearly what types of modifications you have made, I'm sure there are tenants out there who are looking to move to a property like yours.

Advertisement