Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem installing service on existing line

Options
  • 12-01-2016 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi,

Recently moved house and initiated a move house with an EIR rep over the phone in early December. KN engineer came out and said he could not get a tone on the line and couldn't figure out where it was terminating.

All fine, rang EIR and explained the situation. Was told no problem, would reschedule for someone to come out and fixed the issue. Same engineer comes out! Tells me the same as the last time.

I rang EIR again and yet again explained the situation. I now have a another appointment for the first week in Feb, but I fear I may be going around in circles. Can you confirm that an engineer for EIR will call out with a view to fixing the issue be it finding the existing line or installing a new one if required?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Hi,

Recently moved house and initiated a move house with an EIR rep over the phone in early December. KN engineer came out and said he could not get a tone on the line and couldn't figure out where it was terminating.

All fine, rang EIR and explained the situation. Was told no problem, would reschedule for someone to come out and fixed the issue. Same engineer comes out! Tells me the same as the last time.

I rang EIR again and yet again explained the situation. I now have a another appointment for the first week in Feb, but I fear I may be going around in circles. Can you confirm that an engineer for EIR will call out with a view to fixing the issue be it finding the existing line or installing a new one if required?
    Hi FuzzyZoeller

I'm sorry to hear of this and I'm sure this can be very disheartening. I will of course note the previous engineers findings to your order however unfortunately I can't arrange an earlier installation date due to he high volume of attention required by engineers to the faults created by the recent storms.

Please do feel free to PM me your order or account number and I will add notes of the previous call outs and a specific request for completion of installation.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭FuzzyZoeller

Hi Alan,

Got a call at lunch time from KN looking to re arrange my broadband installation for Friday!! I politely explained that there is no point as I have no line to install broadband on.

So I fear I am getting nowhere. Can you help?

Advertisement