Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IP issues with repeater set up

Options
  • 12-01-2016 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Hi all,

So I have a modem (ZyXEL NBG-417N) and a powerline adapter (ZyXEL PLA-401 v3) to try set up a repeater for the half of the house not getting Wi-Fi signal. I've tried following the instructions here

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/network-wifi/how-set-up-router-as-repeater-3494655/

But when i reset the IP nothing seems to happen. It says the modem is rebooting, finishes but then nothing. Cant gain access to the modem through the new IP (or the old one). Any ideas to help me out?

PS Also saw an option in the router set up to use it as a router or as an access point. so tried switching it to the access point option, it said it was going to automatically alter the DHCP and LAN settings, but then same again, no access after the IP address change.

Advertisement