Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Instant under sink water heater?

• 12-01-2016 7:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭

hello am looking for some info if thats OK - Our hot kitchen tap (its a monobloc) takes ages before the hot water from the copper immersion tank (situated about 17ft away from the tap) starts running through the tap, until the hot water comes through the water is freezing cold in this weather. Dont want hot boiling water , just hot enough to wash hands etc.

Thinking of Storage heater , but the water is already heated in the immersion tank cylinder , so was thinking about these heaters you wrap around the exposed bit of hot water copper pipe under the sink , like an electric blanket kind of thing and are they expensive devices?

Theres a 13A 3 pin socket under the sink so I want a heater that will plug into that (so go to be under 3kw I suppose) - any instant inline heater do you know of that are any good that heat up as the water flows through?

Its got to be an unvented one if I want to use it with my existing tap.

I have seen this but its storage and its 10ltr it might be overkill for what i want but I would be looking at paying 80eur or under (preferably €50 or under) - how you reckon it would do for me? - its only 1.5kw though and i cannot seem to find much on the Internet about it even though its a dimplex. I am presuming its an unvented one and can just be hooked up to a normal tap? - Any advice/ideas greatfully received though.

http://www.thedealer.ie/search/listing/home-and-household/heating/sligo/private/102268

14434323973a8023841ae8c2cba3697f2580ea0983.JPG

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

Have you considered running a secondary hot water pipe to the Sink and back to the Cylinder. You can even put a recirculating pump on it.
    That way you'll have continuous hot water circulating non stop and instant hot Water at the Tap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

sky6 wrote: »
    Have you considered running a secondary hot water pipe to the Sink and back to the Cylinder. You can even put a recirculating pump on it.
    That way you'll have continuous hot water circulating non stop and instant hot Water at the Tap.

thanks, no I havent considered it - but it sounds like a lot of hard work and extra plumbing, i would rather a simpler route/way if I can like plumbing in a heater of some kind under the sink trouble is i dont really know much of whats available on the Irish market. I suppose I could ask someone like heatmerchants or someone like that but I thought I would check here first.

Advertisement