Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wifi constantly not available

Options
  • 12-01-2016 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

I changed to Evision 6 months ago and have experienced constant issues. I have tv, wifi and landline with sir. My wifi signal drops out almost every night and I have to reboot. Tv programs scheduled to record are not recording and I presume its when the wifi is not available. I have had a technician out and have had tech support on the phones about 4 times already. I logged a complaint yesterday and when i was contacted i was told it should be sorted out now and that it does not effect recording of programs. tonight again nothing has recorded and I have a message stating the Set Box must be connected to the Broadband connection for which it is registered. I am totally sick of this now and would like to be released from my contract as this is not the service I am paying for. My contract expires in 12 months. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

ChoKuRay wrote: »
    I changed to Evision 6 months ago and have experienced constant issues. I have tv, wifi and landline with sir. My wifi signal drops out almost every night and I have to reboot. Tv programs scheduled to record are not recording and I presume its when the wifi is not available. I have had a technician out and have had tech support on the phones about 4 times already. I logged a complaint yesterday and when i was contacted i was told it should be sorted out now and that it does not effect recording of programs. tonight again nothing has recorded and I have a message stating the Set Box must be connected to the Broadband connection for which it is registered. I am totally sick of this now and would like to be released from my contract as this is not the service I am paying for. My contract expires in 12 months. 
    Apologies for the delays in getting back to you ChoKuRay

I fully understand your desire to cancel if the issues can't seem to be solved. Ultimately you will need to lodge an official complaint detailing the issues and your request to cancel without early cease of contract fees. You can lodge a complaint via any option advised here: http://support.eir.ie/article/codeofpractice

A contract applies per service - so if it was deemed after investigation of the complaint that you can be released of contract the evision would be cancelled but the phone contract and broadband contract would still be binding.

I hope this information help and I wish you the best going forward.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement