Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printer not printing

Options
  • 12-01-2016 9:35pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Brought a new printer today and despite have the ink in properly when I try and print something the ink doesn't appear on the paper.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

Did you remove the label seals over the ink cartridges ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Can you tell us the make and model?
    What are you trying to print (word / images)?
    Were you able to run any diagnostics on the printer and / or check ink levels and / or check the inks are installed correctly.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Damien360 wrote: »
    Did you remove the label seals over the ink cartridges ?

There was little plastic covers over the holes where the ink comes out now come to think of it but i didnt bother taking them off, didnt think you were suppose to. That's probably whats wrong no doubt.

me_irl wrote: »
    Can you tell us the make and model?
    What are you trying to print (word / images)?
    Were you able to run any diagnostics on the printer and / or check ink levels and / or check the inks are installed correctly.

epson home xp-325 , Just a document from open office.

This what happened when I tried to photocopy something and its saying the the b/w ink is low

[IMG][/img]20160112_210156_zpsxyyk1e5f.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

There was little plastic covers over the holes where the ink comes out now come to think of it but i didnt bother taking them off, didnt think you were suppose to. That's probably whats wrong no doubt.

Check page 64 of the user guide here (link to pdf).

Show's taking the tab off the ink cartridges.

Can you check if that works?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

me_irl wrote: »
    Check page 64 of the user guide here (link to pdf).

Show's taking the tab off the ink cartridges.

Can you check if that works?

Ya I was right your not actually suppose to remove those little firm plastic things where the ink comes out your suppose to leave them alone and just slot the cartridge in , I took those little tabs off to, and did a nozzle clean and head clean, this is very annoying .

• Advertisement

Also its saying the black ink is very low :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭EndaHonesty

Are the cartridges clicked in fully?

Did you shake the black cartridge before fitting it?

Are the cartridges clicked in fully?

Did you shake the black cartridge before fitting it?

yup I did indeed and they are , also I took out the black one and left in the colours to see if it would print without it and it wouldn't.

It sounds like the cartridges are not registering, are you sure all protective transport tabs inside the printer are removed?

It sounds like the cartridges are not registering, are you sure all protective transport tabs inside the printer are removed?

Just had a look and yes all tabs are removed from what I can see.

• Advertisement

Try a level one diagnostic.

Hit it. Hard.

[IMG][/img]20160112_230224_zpskhjnaghr.jpg

[IMG][/img]20160112_230216_zpsqksxsouy.jpg

[IMG][/img]20160112_230232_zps3rrixtkk.jpg

[IMG][/img]20160112_230310_zpspzi71vou.jpg

[IMG][/img]20160112_230317_zpsixt8p9rw.jpg

Maybe you can see something I cant?

Try a level one diagnostic.

Hit it. Hard.

How is that done?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Try all the maintenance options, like print head alignment, nozzle check etc if it doesnt work, and its brand new dont even bother messing around with it just bring it back for a new one, looks like the nozzles are blocked, or the toner cartridge is faulty. Some printers wont print unless youve coloured and black ink.

I'd go for a Canon printer over Epson anyway day any Epson ive ever had have broken. Canon have a outlet store on ebay sometimes they have good deals on, i picked up 5 colour wifi printers for 20 euro each with spare ink about 2 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Are you sure that printer is brand new? I'm pretty sure Epson stopped making 18/18XL printers a while ago. I may be wrong about that though.

Anyway, they are notoriously poor printheads and printers. Epson printers are rubbish generally. Buy a Canon printer with 5+ cartridges (not two). If anybody needs info on printers / printing supplies PM me.

Advertisement