Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks 2016 ***No Requests, use the Search button! READ FIRST POST before posting!***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Leavingcert gal2016

French ol deb
    4 comprehensions about sites,students, ghost story(hard enough) and tennis player
    Fill in gaps was harder than expected but form filling was the same as other years and included talk about yourself,hobbies,work experience and when you could start working for the equestrian centre.
    I did a postcard which included
    -you were two weeks on holidays with friends hy a beach
    -you are going out tonight
    -you hope go to mountpellier or something like that tomorrow
    I did diary entry
    -you're lc exams are hard and you're tired
    -sad to say goodbye to your friends and teacher
    -hope to go out with your friends after lc is over

Listening is grand apart from the one about buying concert tickets so just be wary of that one

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭hubluh

DEB ag science anyone? :)

Theres some hints a few pages back. On page 12 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 fairybairy15

Tomorrow is the last day of the mocks and nobody has posted ag science. Surely someone out there has it! Please post it as I'm so screwed for it!

I think it was posted a few pages back

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Leavingcert16

Can someone tell me how to use the spoiler tags I can't seem to work it?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 acoustic guitar

Look at post 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 acoustic guitar

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Leavingcert16

added spoilers - spurious

Chemistry Higher level Examcraft
    Spoiler: [Q1. Determine the hardness of water
    Q2. Ethyne and Ethene experiment
    Q3. Rates of reaction experiment (carbon dioxide production)
    Q5. A) Define i) isotopes ii)relative atomic mass iii) calculate relative atomic mass
    B) Radioactivity- define, what is an alpha particle, properties
    C) Define covalent bond
    Define sigma and pi bonding
    Q6. Hydrocarbons
    Q7. Equilibrium
    Q8. IUPAC names,
    Q9.Acid bases,PH, Water treatment
    Q10. a)Gases B)Reduction/Reduction C) Clove oil extraction
    Q11. a)Preperation of carbon dioxide
    B)Define Energy level,atomic orbital, S.p config of iron, how many i)main energy levels,ii)atomic orbitals
    occupied by iron in ground state, electronic config of fe2+ and Fe3+ and use them to predict which is more
    stable of the iron ions
    C) A) define acidic oxide
    B) Monomer used in manufactor of poly(phenylethene)]

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Seanmul89

If you think you done bad in the mocks on 2 higher papers, actually i know i did terrible, totally wasn't prepared is it still possible to do well for the exams in June?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 welcomespeedy

Seanmul89 wrote: »
    If you think you done bad in the mocks on 2 higher papers, actually i know i did terrible, totally wasn't prepared is it still possible to do well for the exams in June?

Of course it is. You just have to keep studying and at the end of the day you will do well.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

DCG DEB spoilers:
    Conic sections long question - know how to get a focal sphere for a hyberbola and where directrix, vertex and focal point for it, and then draw the hyperbola from a cut cone, and draw it in plan.

Oblique plane long question - planes given are just two triangles with a given line of intersection, know how to get dihedral angle from that and then the traces of a plane, and then the angle of inclination between vertical and horizontal traces.

Structural forms long question - tough one, know hyperbolic paraboloids and their traces.

Geological Geometry - pretty straightforward, know how to do a sloping road, and then also how to find the dip and strike of 3 vertical holes.

Short questions included development of an elipse onto a cylinder, axonometric of a trophy with a circle in it, a perspective drawing with auxillary vanishing points at 25 degrees, and an interpenetration question

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Jack55

Anyone finished their mocks completely now? How'd you guys do? :) It is pretty damn exhausting..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Jack55 wrote: »
    Anyone finished their mocks completely now? How'd you guys do? :) It is pretty damn exhausting..

It will be the same in the real thing, so it's important get into a healthy sleep pattern as early as mid-May. Afternoon exams are a particularly risk for nodding off. Eating light, nutritious food for lunch rather than (say) a bag of chips is good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭malnurtured

added spoilers - spurious

Chemistry Higher level Examcraft
    Spoiler: [Q1. Determine the hardness of water
    Q2. Ethyne and Ethene experiment
    Q3. Rates of reaction experiment (carbon dioxide production)
    Q5. A) Define i) isotopes ii)relative atomic mass iii) calculate relative atomic mass
    B) Radioactivity- define, what is an alpha particle, properties
    C) Define covalent bond
    Define sigma and pi bonding
    Q6. Hydrocarbons
    Q7. Equilibrium
    Q8. IUPAC names,
    Q9.Acid bases,PH, Water treatment
    Q10. a)Gases B)Reduction/Reduction C) Clove oil extraction
    Q11. a)Preperation of carbon dioxide
    B)Define Energy level,atomic orbital, S.p config of iron, how many i)main energy levels,ii)atomic orbitals
    occupied by iron in ground state, electronic config of fe2+ and Fe3+ and use them to predict which is more
    stable of the iron ions
    C) A) define acidic oxide
    B) Monomer used in manufactor of poly(phenylethene)]

Not sure if this is the place, but;

I think there was actually a problem with the
    equilibrium
    question on this paper...
    They didn't give you the state of each component of the reaction (e.g. ethanoic acid wasn't listed as aqueous, etc.). Usually this is fine, because it has little relevance, but they put in water as one of the components of the reversible reaction. Since we don't know if it was liquid (i.e. the solvent of the product) or gaseous/solid (not a solvent) then it's impossible whether to know if it should be counted in the concentration calculations or not.

The problem is that if it was listed as (l) - liquid, it wouldn't be counted in the Kc equation, because the solvent concentration is ignored. I did it this way in the exam, but other people did it the other way (counted its concentration) and I think both are valid because they didn't say.

Any chem teachers/students to clarify?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭chocolate98

Jdoe wrote: »
    OL IRISH P2
    think it was Examcraft, paper one was about why I live my phone and moving school.

Comprehension about Mary black and athletics, seemed more difficult than they usually are for OL!

DÍS - 5 general questions about the story just learn the summary.

CÁCA MILLIS - 2 points about Paul's personality and terrible things that Catherine done to him

AN SPALPÍN FÁNACH - 2 points of theme
    2 images 2 reasons why you did/didn't like it

GÉIBHEANN - 5 general questions about the poem(short) 2 emotions 2 reasons why you did/ didn't like it.
    did the aural have an ulster accent for cuid a just to confirm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cooldrinagh82

History: SPOILER]1916 comes up[/SPOILER] on both papers, [SPOILER]'reasons for' and 'results/success'.[/SPOILER
    (Not sure if those spoilers will work, sorry, first post).

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Leavingcert gal2016

Of course it is. You just have to keep studying and at the end of the day you will do well.

Thanks for that sigh of relief

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Tomk_1111

Opinion Piece on how our world is stressful
    journal enntry on your parents not letting you go on holiday after LC
    Opinion piece legalization of drugs

• Registered Users Posts: 1 chatsheetgetbanged

Does anyone know how much DEB papers cost teachers vs exam craft for subjects like biology/ history? Might help me figure out if they're exam craft or deb?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Does anyone know how much DEB papers cost teachers vs exam craft for subjects like biology/ history? Might help me figure out if they're exam craft or deb?

The prices are available on their websites. I don't think there's a huge difference between them (if any).

Anyone know how long it takes for them to come back?

There are people still picking them up to correct them. Both companies want them back within a week to ten days, so it depends on when your school sent them out, which company they are with, how many correctors that company has, how quickly the correctors get through them etc..

• Advertisement

This is not a thread to ask for PMs, or spoof about what exam you have.

If you have info, post it, using spoilers. If you haven't, don't.

Hi I'm new at this i have my maths paper 2 is tomorrow .I would really like to know what's on it . I had maths paper 1 today and it did not go well . Someone please help

Did you read the first post?
    Did you search the thread?

Higher Business Examcraft
    Short Questions
    1. MEANING OF DELEGATION + TWO BENEFITS OF IT TO MANAGERS
    2. EXPLAIN ROI, CALCULATE ROI FROM: NET PROFIT,ORDINARY SHARE CAPITAL, RESERVES, LONG TERM LOAN
    3. ILLUSTRATE YOUR UNDERSTANDING OF INIGENOUS FIRM + TWO BENEFITS
    4. EXPLAIN TERM AVERAGE CLAUSE + CALCULATE AND EXLPAIN WHY
    5. MEANING OD TERM INVISIBLE IMPORTS + ILLUSTRATE
    6. P45 P60 DISTINGUISH
    7. TWO TYPES OF INDUSTRIAL ACTIONS THAT EMPLOYEE COULD TAKE IN AN ATTEMPT TO GET EMPLOYERS TO MEE THEIR DEMANDS
    8. TRUE OR FALSE
    9. CAPACITY TO CONTRACT + TWO EXAMPLES
    10. EXPLAIN MARKET SEGMENTATION + TWO TYPES

ABQ
    - WHAT IS BRAINSTORMING
    - INTERNAL EXTERNAL SOURCES OF IDEAS
    - TWO ADVANTAGES OF TEST MARKETING

Long Qestions
    1. - RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN INVESTORS AND ENTERPRENEUR
    - SALE OF GOODS, SUPPLY OF SERVICES 1980 ACTS
    - SOLVING CONFLICT EMPLOYEE VS EMPLOYER

2. - PRIVATISATION OPPORTUNITIES AND CHALLENGES
    - WHY SOLE TRADER COMPANY CHANGED TO PUBLIC COMPANY
    - EFFECT ON FIRMS REVENUE AND COSTS OF MEETING ITS SOCIAL RESPOSIBILITEIS AFTER CHANGING TO PUBLIC

3. - GLOBAL BUSINESS
    - ROLE OF GLOBAL MARKETING
    - IMPACT ON IRISH ECONOMY BY FOREGIN TNS
    - EVALUATE TWO OF EMU, COMPETITION POLICY, UNION SOCIAL CHARACTER

4. - DESCRIBE THREE STYLES OF LEADERSHIP
    - MASLOW'S THEORY OF MOTIVATION
    - HOW A MANAGER CAN MOTIVATE WITH MASLOWS
    - IMPORTANCE OF EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION

5. - CALCULATE TAKE-HOME PAY
    - ILUSTRATE YOUR UNDERSTANDING OF RISK MANAGEMENT
    - THREE METHODS TO MINIMISE RISK WITHING A BUSINESS

6. - DEFFERENCE MERGE VS ALLIANCE
    - BENEFITS OF MERGE

Higher Business DEB
    DEB

ABQ:
    - SUITABLE INSURANCE POLICIES FOR A BUSINESS
    - TYPES OF INSURANCE (i.e fidelity guarantee)
    - HOW EFECTIVE MARKETING MIX WAS
    - TYPES OF CONTROL (Quality, Credit Stock)

Long Qestions:
    - MASLOWS THEORY OF MOTIVATION
    - DEFINITION OF A BUSINESS PLAND AND BENEFITS
    - THE STAGES OF PRODUCTION BE ABLE TO TALK ABOUT 3 OF THEM
    - IDEA GENERATION + FEASABILITY STUDY AND ONE OTHER STAGE
    - JOB, BATCH, MASS PRODUCTION
    - INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL SOURCES OF IDEAS
    - SALE OF GOODS SUPPLY OF SERVIVES ACT
    - FACTORS THAT AFFECT A BUSINESS CHOOSING A DISTRIBUTION PROCESS (Chanels of distribution)
    - CHARACTERISTICS OF ENTREPRENEURS
    - ENTERPRISING SKILLS
    - LEGITIMATE TRADE DISPUTE
    - OFFICIAL INDUSTRIAL ACTION
    - CONTRACT AND BREACHES OF A CONTRACT
    - MATRIX STRUCTURE AND BENEFITS
    - INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS ACT
    - TERMINATING A CONTRACT
    - RATIOS (Know how to get Return On Capital Employed "ROCE")
    - ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF FRANCHISING
    - 2 OTHER METHODS OF EXPANSION
    - EUROPEAN SOCIAL CHARTER AND CAP
    - PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT

Short Qestions:
    - BREAKEVEN CHART (Just figures - don't have to draw it)
    - DISTINGUISH BETWEEN P45 AND P60
    - MATCHING DEFINITIONS TO DO WITH: LIQUIDATION DEBENTURE FACTORING AND OTHERS (I can't remember)
    - DEFINITION OF PRIMARY SECTOR AND 2 TRENDS TO DO WITH IT EFFECTING IRELAND
    - ADVANTAGES OF PREFORMANCE APPRAISAL
    - INSURABLE INTEREST AND INDEMNITY
    - BENEFITS OF A MATRIX ORGANISATIONAL STRUCTURE
    - DATA PROTECTION COMMISSIONER (His role)
    - DIFFERENCE BETWEEN INTENTION TO CONTRACT AND CAPACITY TO CONTRACT

From the first post (for those unable or unwilling to read it)

A few simple rules to ensure this thread runs as smoothly as possible:

DO NOT POST REQUESTS - they will be deleted.

NO POSTING OF MOCK PAPERS: Any posts of the actual papers will be deleted and the user posting them will be banned. This also applies to linking to scans of the papers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 summer98

Emily1741 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what came up on HL French DEB paper and HL art paper all I'm seeing is exam craft, thanks! I know it says know request but my exam is tomorrow!
    For Irish art it's was Newgrange and a Bronze Age question but I didn't really look at that

European was Giotto, Masaccio, Constanble, Michael Angelo, Carravagio

Then a museum question. How a trip to a museum helps in the classroom and with your appreciation of art in general

<snip request>

• Registered Users Posts: 35 XC90_D5

Cookie2016 wrote: »
    DEB chemistry mock.
    q1- edta hardness of water( look at 2010 question 1, it is identical to what came up.

q2- ethyne- know how to draw a labeled diagram of experiment, know what unsaturated and hydrocarbon means,2 physical properties of ethyne, one use

q3- redox reactions

q4- oxidation numbers, gay lusaacs law, weird naming line emisson of hydrogen question, the s & p orbitals, how to find the amount of electrons in 4.6 grams of carbon ( something like that anyways).

q5- ionisation + graph, relative atomic mass + periodic table.

q6- polystyrene experiment on heats of reaction, fuels, oxidation number

q7- chemical equilibrium

q8- acids & bases + ph calculations

q9- IUPAC names of all the "ethan-" + uses + reactions e.g oxidation reaction, dehydration reaction

q10- w/v experiment + oxidation reaction + something i cant remember

q11- suspended solids in water + water treatment. (b) chromatography (c) enviromental chemistry or something.
    this is all I remember!

How do you know this was DEB? I had this paper but the bar code was in the top right and I think that means it's Examcraft...

What was the Bishop question and Wuthering Heights question on Examcraft paper? Someone PM please...

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Seanmul89

Can anyone remember what Question 4 long questions was on DEB business mock paper?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 saif.khalid14

How's everyone's preparation for the exam found any predictions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭multimate

Does anyone know the exact question for An Triail in examcraft mock and king kear in examcraft? trying to do these as practise. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement