Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Media player trouble

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭iainBB

Need more information

I guess you have the box connected to the tv with hdmi ?
    Is the box connected to the internet with WiFi

Out of range sounds like a wireless issue. When do get the problem. can you post an image?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭Hedgecutter

iainBB wrote: »
    Need more information

I guess you have the box connected to the tv with hdmi ?
    Is the box connected to the internet with WiFi

Out of range sounds like a wireless issue. When do get the problem. can you post an image?

No internet connection. External hard drive connected via USB and hdmi to TV.

When I select the the HDMI channel on TV more often then not its picks up the media box, but every now and then "out of range" comes up. Takes an age to fix with trial and error.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Having a quick google about out of range issues and this may or may not solve your problem, but it relates to resolution problems. If you can hook the box up to another tv and set output resolution to 720 the connect the box back up tho the bravia see if it gives the same problems. Seems more a problem with the telly than the media player tho.

Ste- wrote: »
    Having a quick google about out of range issues and this may or may not solve your problem, but it relates to resolution problems. If you can hook the box up to another tv and set output resolution to 720 the connect the box back up tho the bravia see if it gives the same problems. Seems more a problem with the telly than the media player tho.

Ya I agree, might get on the Sony forum see what I get back.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭iainBB

Ya about to post the same change the resolution of the box to suit your old tv .

• Advertisement

iainBB wrote: »
    Ya about to post the same change the resolution of the box to suit your old tv .

It's set at 720 and that's what comes up on the TV most of the time. The tv seems to look for 1080 from time to time and that's when the problems start. When I set the box to 1080 it won't work at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Time to treat yourself to a new TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,527 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Ste- wrote: »
    Time to treat yourself to a new TV.

:confused:

Advertisement