Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tower Bar - Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Watched the Inbetweeners 2 at the weekend, was actually quite funny, was expecting a let down but it was decent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

How many of ye are getting The Division?

I'm really tempted to get it, haven't heard any reviews of it yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Picked it up at lunchtime - will give it a blast this evening. I will let you know what I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

there's a thread in the general games thread. I got it but messed up and won't get the actual disc for a few weeks.

Ya gimli, was just wondering how many of the Destiny Crew had the game.

At least if there's a few getting it, then there'll be the chance of a fire team going.

• Advertisement

Chimp is promoting cross-pollinating! GET HIM!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Got the Division as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Mentioned this in party chat earlier, and was met by silence so all I can say is shame on you guys, but Day of the Tentacle Remastered hits PC, PS4 and Vita on March 22 for 15 quid.

If you preorder it on Playstation you also get a PS4 theme.

If you've never played it, it's a classic. We'll worth picking up IMHO. It's along the same vein as the Monkey Island games, point and click puzzle adventure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

It's along the same vein as the Monkey Island games, point and click puzzle adventure.

It plays identically to Monkey Island and is another Tim Schafer and Ron Gilbert masterpiece. Hope they don't remove the ability to play it's prequel Maniac Mansion from the remaster.

Played the division for a bit last night in a fireteam of 4.
    It was enjoyable - will definitely play on and concentrate on the co-op element. The way the gameplay is and the character third person view and movement, I find I am not taking in the environment as much as I would like to. I do not feel like I am in NYC in the way that you feel like you are in LA when playing GTA 5.

My fireteam members had all played the beta so there is not much new to them yet. Definitely more fun in co-op. On the in game map you can see where any online friends are - so it is easy to join their session if they are doing a mission that you want to do. You can re-do missions for the random world drops, but you do not get the mission rewards again.

JCD has set up a PS4 group chat so if anyone wants in then let him or me know (via PSN messaging would be best) .

• Advertisement

It plays identically to Monkey Island and is another Tim Schafer and Ron Gilbert masterpiece. Hope they don't remove the ability to play it's prequel Maniac Mansion from the remaster.

That comes free with it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Mentioned this in party chat earlier, and was met by silence so all I can say is shame on you guys, but Day of the Tentacle Remastered hits PC, PS4 and Vita on March 22 for 15 quid.

It went down like a lead balloon :D

jonny24ie wrote: »
    It went down like a lead balloon :D

I'd say a lead balloon would have had more buoyancy than the reception that bit of news got.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I'd say a lead balloon would have had more buoyancy than the reception that bit of news got.

Cheers Solvable -

I loved that game as a kid, never finished it though so may have to revisit it... :)

Any Destiny heads playing SFV?

Hit me up for some casual fighting action :

Fieldog

If you preorder it on Playstation you also get a PS4 theme.

If you've never played it, it's a classic. We'll worth picking up IMHO. It's along the same vein as the Monkey Island games, point and click puzzle adventure.

I'd wish they would just remaster Curse of Monkey Island since they did the first 2 games and Grim Fandango..... I haven't played Day of the Tentacle, but I really preferred Curse to Grim Fandango. The puzzles in Grim Fandango seem far more ridiculous

Trailer video for those that don't know the game

As it is, I get about an hour a night to play Destiny.
    I have Fallout 4, which I'm playing through also.
    I've just ordered Bloodborne.
    I'm thinking of ordering The Division.

Basically I need a time out from family life so I can concentrate on my gaming :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Basically I need a time out from family life so I can concentrate on my gaming :pac:

Midlife crisis = Perfect way to get time to yourself away from the family :P

I'm on Day 3 of a 4 Day break from Destiny....... tick tock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

Cormac... wrote: »

Lol bet your counting down those minutes, seconds,milliseconds....

• Advertisement

1384.gif

Excellent stuff. I have mentioned this in the Help Cormac help you chat.....

Chimp with his hour of Destiny
    398.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

nocal wrote: »
    Excellent stuff. I have mentioned this in the Help Cormac help you chat.....

kevin-approves.gif

The Gif game is strong here

The Gif game is strong here

503.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 28,115 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

But your on the Destiny form. That's surely cheating?:D

emmetkenny wrote: »
    But your on the Destiny form. That's surely cheating?:D

It's not cheating if it's in a different area code...

1381.gif

Finished Grim Fandango, wasn't a patch on Monkey Island, obviously people were just wow'd by the graphics back in the day. There is a so much stuff in the story itself that doesn't even makes sense (never mind the puzzles), was kind of "meh" with it comparing it to other Tim Shcaffer stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,115 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Finished Grim Fandango, wasn't a patch on Monkey Island, obviously people were just wow'd by the graphics back in the day. There is a so much stuff in the story itself that doesn't even makes sense (never mind the puzzles), was kind of "meh" with it comparing it to other Tim Shcaffer stuff

Cormac did you try Ori and The Blind Forest on Xbox yet? Great little indie game.

Advertisement