Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tower Bar - Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Cormac did you try Ori and The Blind Forest on Xbox yet? Great little indie game.

I sent that one my fiances way since she likes platformers, it has a very steep skill ramp up that turned her right off.

But we have it there anyway so I'm sure i'll get around to it at some stage in this process of clearing my backlog

• Registered Users Posts: 28,047 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Cormac... wrote: »
    I sent that one my fiances way since she likes platformers, it has a very steep skill ramp up that turned her right off.

But we have it there anyway so I'm sure i'll get around to it at some stage in this process of clearing my backlog

Worth the playthrough atmosphere is great in it.

Don't forget to pick up Lords of The Fallen and Borderlands with GWG this month as well

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Worth the playthrough atmosphere is great in it.

Don't forget to pick up Lords of The Fallen and Borderlands with GWG this month as well

Is it possible to pick up borderlands if you don't have a 360 anymore ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Mcsirl wrote: »

Yes, you can pick it up on xbox.com or on the gwg tab on the One. All gwg games are playable on the One.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Saw this in the gaming humour thread - some great trolling:

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,246 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Mcsirl wrote: »

Yup, just do it through xbox.com.

I know a few of the PS4 lads are into their metal, a few of my mates in Cork just released their latest video and it's fairly tasty Post-Hardcore

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Nocal gave me an unkempt harald in borderlands 2 on Friday. I'm basically unkillable now. Thanks Cal. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

gimli2112 wrote:
    Nocal gave me an unkempt harald in borderlands 2 on Friday. I'm basically unkillable now. Thanks Cal.

Giving things to others... I can only dream!

I know a few of the PS4 lads are into their metal, a few of my mates in Cork just released their latest video and it's fairly tasty Post-Hardcore

Only just after noticing Murph on bass, would have known him in Waterford.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

This could be interesting. Wouldn't it be great if we could play Destiny 2 and other games with anyone regardless of platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

This could be interesting. Wouldn't it be great if we could play Destiny 2 and other games with anyone regardless of platform.

Just came to post this also, imagine a cross platform Destiny 2, it would be unreal....

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-03-14-microsoft-will-allow-xbox-one-games-to-connect-with-ps4-players

• Registered Users Posts: 10,350 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Saw this in the gaming humour thread - some great trolling:

That was glorious :D

Anyone got Black Ops 3 on PS4?

I played a bit of it yesterday but I would be interested in Partying up for Zombies cause I CNBF trying to work out all that "Turn on the Power" stuff again after being through this whole thing before trying to get that trophy in TranZit on BLOPS2.

I played about 16 multiplayer games and won 66% and have a 1.1 KDR so I'm off to a decent start, given I was still learning how to play :pac:

Anyway, I was thinking of setting up a chat for it if there's interest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

I played a bit of it yesterday but I would be interested in Partying up for Zombies cause I CNBF trying to work out all that "Turn on the Power" stuff again after being through this whole thing before trying to get that trophy in TranZit on BLOPS2.

I played about 16 multiplayer games and won 66% and have a 1.1 KDR so I'm off to a decent start, given I was still learning how to play :pac:

Come back to Destiny. Don't mind all the BLOPS bollix. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I have it but have not played much of it TBH and I only got it for the zombies part :)

MW2 was probably / is probably my favourite shooter. Was the second fps online game I ever played and just adored it. Playing on crappy internet that flaked out if it rained. I liked Black Ops 1 and MW3 but the following games really turned me off the franchise.

PlainP wrote: »
    Come back to Destiny. Don't mind all the BLOPS bollix. :D

I've done everything that there is to do tbh. All I have left is 100 wins in Rumble and tbh, that's something that I cannot play for 2 or 3 hours at a time.

Running 3 Skolas yesterday just cause I didn't have Queenbreakers bow was (while a fun challenge to try initially solo) just left me feeling like I'd run out of stuff to do.

Had a great fun run of drunk crucible on Saturday..... loads of garbage talking but we stomped a few groups :D

Anyway, I have BLOP3 looking at me there in the box since X-Mass so might as well.
    jonny24ie wrote: »
    I have it but have not played much of it TBH and I only got it for the zombies part :)

Yeah, I like Zombies but it's gone fierce confusing in the last few games compared to World at War. Let me know if you want to play some

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I've done everything that there is to do tbh. All I have left is 100 wins in Rumble and tbh, that's something that I cannot play for 2 or 3 hours at a time.

Running 3 Skolas yesterday just cause I didn't have Queenbreakers bow was (while a fun challenge to try initially solo) just left me feeling like I'd run out of stuff to do.

Had a great fun run of drunk crucible on Saturday..... loads of garbage talking but we stomped a few groups :D

Anyway, I have BLOP3 looking at me there in the box since X-Mass so might as well.

Yeah, I like Zombies but it's gone fierce confusing in the last few games compared to World at War. Let me know if you want to play some

Yeah id be up for some Zombies to mix it up a bit. Id say I wont play too much destiny now until the april update in fairness so I might concentrate on my backlog of games :(

did one of the dailies in the division yesterday - no one talks - took between 6 to 8 hours, not sure as I think I had a ministroke doing it. Tried it later with another team and couldn't get past the first stage. Never said the phrase sweet suffering jesus as much.

• Advertisement

kind of disappointed CDB couldn't hear my rendetion of Adele's greatest hits luckily Nocal was there to spread the word, Word!

gimli2112 wrote: »
    kind of disappointed CDB couldn't hear my rendetion of Adele's greatest hits luckily Nocal was there to spread the word, Word!

You can send him a voice recording via PS4 messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Kind of disappointed I got to hear it. Word. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Ah here, that's pushing it a bit. She only has the one song, to my ears anyway. All her stuff sounds the same, and she's STILL on about yer man who dumped her. Get over it love. Write something new.

I much prefer Sia, just can't hit the notes :)

I much prefer Sia, just can't hit the notes :)

Ah but is your face covered by your fringe? What's up with that? Rediculous new age "cool" $Hite.

Supposedly she never shows her face as she doesn't want to be "famous".

Edit: I saw her on TFI Friday and she was dressed in a costume that made her look like the Headless Horseman. She's bonkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

I'll fogive her bonkers look for Breathe Me and the end of Six Feet Under!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

Ah but is your face covered by your fringe? What's up with that? Rediculous new age "cool" $Hite.

Oh I don't know, the Rubberbandits have been doing the same for years!

• Advertisement

PlainP wrote: »
    Oh I don't know, the Rubberbandits have been doing the same for years!

True, but they're from Limerick, so there's an excuse there.

Plus:

Advertisement