Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tower Bar - Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

House of Lies is pretty good, don't normally watch drama shows like that, but it's entertaining

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Cormac... wrote: »
    House of Lies is pretty good, don't normally watch drama shows like that, but it's entertaining

Feck drama, that sh1ts all comedy, love it.

dudeeile wrote: »
    Feck drama, that sh1ts all comedy, love it.

Yeah, that's what I meant, like Comedy drama.... if that's a thing.

It's gas though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Good news story over on BBC website:
    Gamer with cerebral palsy given modified PS4 controller

Peter Byrne contacted the firm as tremors caused by his condition meant he kept hitting the standard controller's touchpad, pausing games.

Alex Nawabi from Sony's marketing team said he would investigate.

He said he had undertaken the work on his own initiative and told Mr Byrne it would not be covered by the warranty. "I'm not 100% sure how long it will last, as it's the first time I've ever done anything like this," he wrote. "I have plans to build you one more controller in case this one breaks but I'd like feedback on this one first."

Full article

Made me laugh

Trump Donald

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Think I was talking to JCD (drunk) about Final Fantasy last weekend, and the garbage of XIII. This review is in my favs and I still visit it for a quick chuckle. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-04-08-no-mans-skys-cool-soundtrack-comes-out-alongside-the-game

There is something about having your favourite band make the soundtrack of your game that's fascinating...

Think I'll be getting this soundtrack on vinyl....

Charlie Murder is the most silly, fun couch co-op game ever :D

Solvable, are you Kontrol Freeks White or Purple and if they are white, have they gone all manky?

Also, is the plastic wearing away, mine are and I'm going to get a new set

Solvable, are you Kontrol Freeks White or Purple and if they are white, have they gone all manky?

Also, is the plastic wearing away, mine are and I'm going to get a new set

No, mine are the Purple ones. Got them before they released the white versions. Haven't noticed any kinda of grime buildup. Physical condition of them is still perfect.

• Advertisement

In the immortal words of Jesse Pinkman: "Science B!TCH"

Sent one of my PS4 pads to Playstation cause it has a dead spot.

What's been peoples experience with that system?

It's on it's way back to me but wondering if it's repaired but ideally hoping it's just a new replacement

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Sent one of my PS4 pads to Playstation cause it has a dead spot.

What's been peoples experience with that system?

It's on it's way back to me but wondering if it's repaired but ideally hoping it's just a new replacement

Generally it will be a refurb/replacement they give you.

Heads up for PS owners and I assume Xbox guys...

Battlefield 4 is going for a tenner on the PS Store at the moment, it went from the most flawed online game I've ever seen (them first 9 months!) to possibly the smoothest online game on PS4....

They are giving the DLC away now monthly for the next few months starting with Dragons Teeth this month, great time to take the plunge if you haven't played it...

Be warned, its a huge game so I'd imagine a huge download... and the campaign is nonsense, but noone plays BF for Campaign... :)

If you can't wait for the DLC to come out by the month sure just get the premium one.....

Considering its a PS4 launch title, it still really holds up...

Fieldog wrote: »
    it went from the most flawed online game I've ever seen (them first 9 months!) to possibly the smoothest online game on PS4....

I thought this was meant to be "Destiny Off-Topic Chat"

f**k yeah Cormac, back of the net!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Battlefield 4 is going for a tenner on the PS Store at the moment, it went from the most flawed online game I've ever seen (them first 9 months!) to possibly the smoothest online game on PS4....

They are giving the DLC away now monthly for the next few months starting with Dragons Teeth this month, great time to take the plunge if you haven't played it...

Be warned, its a huge game so I'd imagine a huge download... and the campaign is nonsense, but noone plays BF for Campaign... :)

If you can't wait for the DLC to come out by the month sure just get the premium one.....

Both Battlefield 4 and Hardline and all their Premium map packs are included in Eas €25 Access subscription on the Xbox.

Ea Access is probably the best €25 you can spend on the Xbox, the only EA Xbox One games that are not currently a part of that subscription are Need for Speed, Star Wars Battlefront, Unravel, PvZ GW2 and Rory McIlroy PGA Tour(goes into it tomorrow).

Rory McIlroy PGA Tour(goes into it tomorrow).

Now, choose a club.
    You have chosen a three wood. May I suggest a putter?
    Three wood.
    Now enter the force of your swing.
    I suggest feather touch
    You have entered "power drive"
    Ball is in...parking lot.
    Would you like to play again?
    You have selected, "No

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Cormac... wrote:
    Now, choose a club. You have chosen a three wood. May I suggest a putter? Three wood. Now enter the force of your swing. I suggest feather touch You have entered "power drive" Ball is in...parking lot. Would you like to play again? You have selected, "No

Lee Carvallo's putting challenge!! :D

For that price I'm gonna give it a go. Have to upgrade my HD first, been putting that off for some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Justin Bieber looks to Cork for his new musical influence - cashes in on Generics style:

jusin-bieber_glamour_4apr16_GettyImages_b_720x1080.jpg

• Advertisement

For that price I'm gonna give it a go. Have to upgrade my HD first, been putting that off for some time.

https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2489935/Trail/searchtext%3EPortable+hard+drive.htm

You can buy one of these and do a swapsy and put your old HD in the caddy....

Just back up anything you would really like to keep to a separate HD/USB, don't make the mistake I did of just plopping in a new HD and then remembering you forgot to back up PT... :

The PS4 is slightly different than PS3 as when a new HD is inserted it ties the console to it...

If I was to do it again I wouldn't go backing up disc installs but I would backup updates of games... (if it allows it)

When you have the new HD in PS4 grab the bigger of the 2 current firmware files off the Sony site, format a key to fat 32, create a folder called "PS4" and another folder inside that and call it "UPDATE" and put the 8 or 900mb file in...

You then install it from safe mode when the console boots with the new HD...

Then you sign in as normal and then you can restore anything you plan keeping via the backup...

I only basically uploaded my saves to the cloud and everything else I redownloaded and reinstalled, took ages, lol...

https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2489935/Trail/searchtext%3EPortable+hard+drive.htm

You can buy one of these and do a swapsy and put your old HD in the caddy

Cool, I bought that a few weeks back but ya know, on the long finger and sh1t. I've had to delete games over the last few weeks and Uncharted 4 tonight I'm at capacity so I have to swap out soon.

You can buy one of these and do a swapsy and put your old HD in the caddy....

So the drive can be removed from the casing? May have to invest in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Played Bf4 solidly for almost a year. It is awesome. I'd still be playing it but Destiny happened and I lost my mind!

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Played Bf4 solidly for almost a year. It is awesome. I'd still be playing it but Destiny happened and I lost my mind!

Well I've just invested so I'm gonna give it a go, I haven't played since the original on xbox I think, maybe I played some of 2 but can't recall. Working my way through the campaign just to get a feel for things so hopefully first MP session at the weekend (but there's also Uncharted), schedule is getting tough.

Well I've just invested so I'm gonna give it a go, I haven't played since the original on xbox I think, maybe I played some of 2 but can't recall. Working my way through the campaign just to get a feel for things so hopefully first MP session at the weekend (but there's also Uncharted), schedule is getting tough.

The campaign gets little love but I quite enjoyed it. MP is fabulous imo. Never really got the vehicles. I get shredded by other players but can't seem to do the same. As for flying I could never figure it out. I had 3 on the PS3 but never got into it. BF4 blew me away from the get go.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Anyone play the Overwatch beta? I had a hop off it and enjoyed the little bit I played last night. Although a lot of it was experimenting and wondering why R1 + R2 wasn't working right. I'd say it would be good craic with a full team.

nevelator wrote: »
    Anyone play the Overwatch beta? I had a hop off it and enjoyed the little bit I played last night. Although a lot of it was experimenting and wondering why R1 + R2 wasn't working right. I'd say it would be good craic with a full team.

Yep played a little and it's fun to be sure, hopefully it's a reasonable price and a few might give it a punt.

Price is never a determining factor for me in buying a game. It's more whether I think I'll have time to play it. Wolfeinstein the new blood / The Uncharted triology even Battlefield Hardline have all been discarded early due to Destiny.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Price is never a determining factor for me in buying a game. It's more whether I think I'll have time to play it. Wolfeinstein the new blood / The Uncharted triology even Battlefield Hardline have all been discarded early due to Destiny.

Games I have not even opened due to Destiny:

Bound by Flame
    Shadow Warrior
    Dragon Age - Inquisition GOTY
    Alien Isolation

Ill add the rest as I think of them but theres a good few :P

Advertisement