Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tower Bar - Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

nocal wrote: »
    just ask Cormac about Miss Moxxi's Good Touch.

post-7086-0-93836800-1340991659_thumb.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Sound lads, loadsa info and I'm on mobile right now so I'll have to get back to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

dudeeile wrote: »
    Sound lads, loadsa info and I'm on mobile right now so I'll have to get back to this.

Any questions just ask - here, on PSN or on the main thread for the game.

Mentioning BL2 here has the same affect on me as mentioning the Jade Rabbit to the 7th column gangsta....

• Registered Users Posts: 45,665 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I have a question I should have asked a long time ago - on your perk tree in BL2, if you have a relic that gives you free points for a perk, does it stack over 5?

For example I got a relic that gives 4 points for a perk I already have 5 points in - should i start over on the perk tree and use those 4 elsewhere or is there a benefit to have a perk at 9 points (assuming it is a good perk)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I have a question I should have asked a long time ago - on your perk tree in BL2, if you have a relic that gives you free points for a perk, does it stack over 5?

For example I got a relic that gives 4 points for a perk I already have 5 points in - should i start over on the perk tree and use those 4 elsewhere or is there a benefit to have a perk at 9 points (assuming it is a good perk)

Perks can go up to 11 (AFAIK), and this is kind of how I play.

Get a Relic with +3 Skill X and +4 Skill Y, say I really like Skill X and Y, I'll still put all 5 base points into them and have them "OP" at 8 and 9 respectively

Having some stuff at +8 is really good. Where do you think all that health is coming from when I phase lock people :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,665 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cormac... wrote: »
    Where do you think all that health is coming from when I phase lock people :)

Figured it was from nocal reviving you.

Yeah, let's keep pretending like I'm not Phase-Reviving ye both like all the time :P

We need a excel table for this. I want a breakdown of Revives!

I die a lot.... but well..... 2nd wind bro! :D

burntvtelevisionashton-kutcherashtonkutcher.gif

You want a breakdown of revives? You? I look forward to a table which I top :D

Anyway, yes the skill stacks over 5 but you need at least one point active in the skill for the additional points to become effective. I am sure you already knew that.
    Some of the most sought after relics in the game are blue ones with +6 in one stat and +5 in the other. Generally get dropped from the DLC's.

Edit: and yes, make the more powerful skills op if you can and they are really beneficial. The commando's shield skills can be buffed to help make him quite tanky. And the explosive damage skill. Explosive damage will also affect all Torque guns. EXPLOSIONS!

New animated film coming out:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

That was hilarious although you might have thought that they would have hung on to the truth for the actual movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Liked that the brand name of the potatoes in the first trailer was Bag O Gees. Some great Irish slang there.

120 million views can't be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Trying to prevent too much Destiny burn out settin in, so played a good bit of Fallout 4 over the weekend. Great craic, except for the time Hancock tried to romance me...
    Then when I cnanged companion from Hancock to Piper, they had a catty little back and forth about her stealing me away... :eek:

Decided to spend some time building my base settlement in Sanctuary, built a garage for my Power Armor, then went and found some Power Armor.
    Still have not progressed much in the main game...

With all these epic games, I don't see myself making much of a dent on my backlog...

Backlog:
    1. Fallout 4 - Level 29.
    2. The Division - Level 12.
    3. The Witcher.
    4. Star-Wars Battlefront - unopened.
    5. Bloodborne - unopened.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Played a little bit of Battlefield 4 and got murdered - don't remember being that bad before. Also did some Borderlands with randoms which was kind of confusing. Got the Last of Us disc to work again, which was fecking awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Actually, I got TLOU special edition version with a load of DLC and never played the DLC... What an amazing game though.

The DLC is well worth playing. Not as good as the main game but pretty good stuff.

What should I do? I'm quite worried about my ATM Visa Card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Currently re-downloading The Witcher and I got the Mass Effect trilogy on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

What should I do? I'm quite worried about my ATM Visa Card.

Can't see your attachment, what is it?

If you got hacked, try log in on remote play and deactivate the hackers machine from primary...

Then change your PW

• Advertisement

Fieldog wrote: »
    Can't see your attachment, what is it?

If you got hacked, try log in on remote play and deactivate the hackers machine from primary...

Then change your PW

No? Ah it's just a fairly aggressive spam mail about a $2.5 Mio ATM Visa card payment and I have to pay $155 to some dude in South Africa to get everything processed.

I love the "Our government is very unhappy with you" lol

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

No? Ah it's just a fairly aggressive spam mail about a $2.5 Mio ATM Visa card payment and I have to pay $155 to some dude in South Africa to get everything processed.

It's a wonder that they didn't tell you go to your room without any dinner as well!

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I love the "Our government is very unhappy with you" lol

Sounds a lot like FG commenting on IW
    nevelator wrote: »
    It's a wonder that they didn't tell you go to your room without any dinner as well!

If my card is cancel, it's because of my lack of seriousness, and I should blame myself and not him or anyone.

This is honestly one of the best spams I have ever received.

Tried to solo Terramorphous cause I wanted me that Class Item for my Siren in BL2.

Nope. Got Ruined. Left after like 6 attempts. 8 Eridum down the swanny (cause I left the area with my tail between my legs).

People on Youtube make these things look so easy.

Cormac... wrote: »
    Tried to solo Terramorphous cause I wanted me that Class Item for my Siren in BL2.

Nope. Got Ruined. Left after like 6 attempts. 8 Eridum down the swanny (cause I left the area with my tail between my legs).

People on Youtube make these things look so easy.

Yup, you see guys putting him down in literally seconds. I hop in - instadeath.
    Having the right builds/weapons/gear obviously helps.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Yup, you see guys putting him down in literally seconds. I hop in - instadeath.
    Having the right builds/weapons/gear obviously helps.

And mad skillz. Don't forget the mad skillz!

For anyone thinking of picking up Overwatch, this article explains why it's best to get it on PS4.

Overwatch Better With a Controller

Football boss Carlo Ancelotti confirms Star Trek role

Just when the new trailer had proven the first one was pretty meh, this bit of news pops up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Football boss Carlo Ancelotti confirms Star Trek role

Just when the new trailer had proven the first one was pretty meh, this bit of news pops up.

Is that the FWC rep doing the voice over?

Advertisement