Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tower Bar - Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

nevelator wrote: »
    Is that the FWC rep doing the voice over?

Yep she's the scientist who was killed by the porcupine guy in X-Men: The Last Stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,665 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

and a terrorist in 24 (or just married to one, can't remember), a political manipulator and high ranking official in the expanse. In loads of stuff.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I picked up Borderlands the Handsome Collection and Witcher 3 over the weekend so I am gonna have to put destiny down for a breather and give these a bash :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I just bought Doom 4

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I just bought Doom 4

I need to get this too but not until it drops down in Price :D

• Advertisement

Yeah I was going to wait until it dropped in price too but just thought screw it!
    Liked Doom 3 but never finished it. Saw a clip of Doom 4 and it frightened the life out of me. Not sure why I bought it. Kind of regretting it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

jonnycivic wrote: »
    I picked up Borderlands the Handsome Collection and Witcher 3 over the weekend so I am gonna have to put destiny down for a breather and give these a bash :)

BL2 is class, still one of my fave games, only 2 trophies off Platinum now :)

I'll add you to the chat, just post your level and join the ma and/or lads.

Most of us all have characters 15+ though.

I always think doing 1-15 is good to do solo so you can learn all the controls and mechanics etc without having to listen to me talk s**t.

You can hit level 15 in about 2 hours if you go for it

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Yeah I was going to wait until it dropped in price too but just thought screw it!
    Liked Doom 3 but never finished it. Saw a clip of Doom 4 and it frightened the life out of me. Not sure why I bought it. Kind of regretting it already.

Oh in that case send it to me and I'll look after it for you :P
    Cormac... wrote: »
    BL2 is class, still one of my fave games, only 2 trophies off Platinum now :)

I'll add you to the chat, just post your level and join the ma and/or lads.

Most of us all have characters 15+ though.

I always think doing 1-15 is good to do solo so you can learn all the controls and mechanics etc without having to listen to me talk s**t.

You can hit level 15 in about 2 hours if you go for it

Nice one dude, yeah thats how I started destiny, solo until I was up to speed :D

Nice one dude, yeah thats how I started destiny, solo until I was up to speed :D

Cool, Myself (22 and 25), Solvable (15? 20?) and Dudeeile (25? 30?) should all have some characters to join in with you anyway once you level up a bit.

Maybe we could all try do a TVHM play through at level 30.

Wishful thinking maybe :P

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Time to beat the drum on this one: it is much better to be on level in co-op games in Borderlands. You all get more enjoyment out of it that way. You can get away with a level or two difference in normal mode (1-30) and a full level in true vault hunter mode (30-50). However, if all players are fairly close, it is a much better experience all round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I need to get this too but not until it drops down in Price :D

Well its down on thegamecollection.net to £30 plus £2 shipping until tomorrow, works out around €43.

Well its down on thegamecollection.net to £30 plus £2 until tonight, works out around €43.

Not cheap enough to tempt me to part with my money tho :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

€27.53 on www.videogamesplus.ca :
    https://www.videogamesplus.ca/borderlands-the-handsome-collection-ps4-p-22681.html

I've used that website before, great prices - can take ~10 days to get the game is the only down fall. (Free or very cheap delivery too IIRC).

€27.53 on www.videogamesplus.ca :
    https://www.videogamesplus.ca/borderlands-the-handsome-collection-ps4-p-22681.html

I've used that website before, great prices - can take ~10 days to get the game is the only down fall. (Free or very cheap delivery too IIRC).

Borderlands is 23.99 in argos at the moment :)

I thought ye were talking about doom no? :/

I'll get Doom when I can get it for like €30 on PS4

I've too many game on atm

Cormac... wrote: »
    I thought ye were talking about doom no? :/

I'll get Doom when I can get it for like €30 on PS4

I've too many game on atm

Yeah, I'm in no big rush for Doom TBH, started The Witcher last night :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Yeah, I'm in no big rush for Doom TBH, started The Witcher last night :eek:

See you in about 100hrs.
    Xenji wrote: »
    The Game Collection have Doom for £29.95.

Up at 4am today as I'm prone to do. No PSN?
    Says it's down for maintenance.
    Check PSN on interwebz "All Services Normal"
    Y U lie to me Sony?
    Still it gave me a chance to play Uncharted 4.

dudeeile wrote: »
    See you in about 100hrs.

Yeah I kinda started borderlands last night after the raid too :D

Yeah I kinda started borderlands last night after the raid too :D

Oh look at me, I raided last night!

I'm level 25 in BL2 at the mo, finished U4, played some multiplayer, tis fun. Played more Batllefield campaign and some Heavy Rain and still have another 4 or 5 games to get underway.

I was contemplating picking up either Bloodbourne (that offer finishes today) or the Witcher but think I'll hold off a little longer. I might just opt for Hitman to give it a go at 15quid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

I was contemplating picking up either Bloodbourne (that offer finishes today) or the Witcher but think I'll hold off a little longer. I might just opt for Hitman to give it a go at 15quid.

Where can one avail of that offer? Not really sure why I am asking though - I have Fallout 4, Ratchet & Clank, Last of Us & Uncharted to finish/start first.

Where can one avail of that offer? Not really sure why I am asking though - I have Fallout 4, Ratchet & Clank, Last of Us & Uncharted to finish/start first.

Bloodborn GOTY is 30 on the store

Like jonny said 30 for GOTY Bloodbourne.

The Witcher 3 base game is 25.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Like jonny said 30 for GOTY Bloodbourne.

The Witcher 3 base game is 25.

Bloodborne mocks me from my dashboard every day, haven't even started it!

Only at Chapter 10 in UC4!

Went to start Borderlands 2 there on Vita as I'm back in glorious hospital - this time there is no HDMI in the TV so no PS4 unfortunately... :(

Turns out charging port on the Vita is screwed - anyone know anyone who repairs them?

I posted in console modding forum, hopefully can get it sorted without needing to buy a new one...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

dudeeile wrote:
    and some Heavy Rain

Loved that game. Was totally immersed in it, considered getting it again from the Store. Was all on for the ending of my design, the game glitched at a crucial moment, controller stopped responding and things did not pan out the way I wanted. I was raging.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

PetKing wrote: »
    Loved that game. Was totally immersed in it, considered getting it again from the Store. Was all on for the ending of my design, the game glitched at a crucial moment, controller stopped responding and things did not pan out the way I wanted. I was raging.

Tread carefully, I believe the PS4 edition has some glitches also....

• Registered Users Posts: 45,665 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Man I hated heavy rain. That but with the kid at the beginning... He's right there, stop ambling slowly shouting his name. FECKING RUN! some of the plot made no sense either. The rain trap at the end? HOW DID THEY CONTROL THE WEATHER? Ugh.

Man I hated heavy rain. That but with the kid at the beginning... He's right there, stop ambling slowly shouting his name. FECKING RUN! some of the plot made no sense either. The rain trap at the end? HOW DID THEY CONTROL THE WEATHER? Ugh.

Think this sums up Heavy Rain pretty well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Borderlands is 23.99 in argos at the moment :)

Cheers, just picked this up earlier. Don't suppose anyone knows if you can transfer a BL2 save from PC to PS4? Although it's been that long since I've played it maybe it's best to start over.

• Advertisement

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Cheers, just picked this up earlier. Don't suppose anyone knows if you can transfer a BL2 save from PC to PS4? Although it's been that long since I've played it maybe it's best to start over.

You can't. All 3 PS versions support cross save so you can pick up progeress from any version. The Xbox One can port your 360 save forward creating a new save from which you can continue from.

Advertisement