Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tower Bar - Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I think i'm up to level 19 now in BL2........ Im gonna continue later and try have it to 25 tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

jonnycivic wrote: »
    I think i'm up to level 19 now in BL2........ Im gonna continue later and try have it to 25 tonight :D

Was playing it offline this morning. Have a gunzerker at 66. Thinking of staring a new character. I'll join on you and let you power level me up if it's ok. I don't mind you doing all the work it'll be like when we ran the exotic swords strikes. :)

What's a good second character to have? I did the sniper guy before and liked him but he wasn't that strong for boss fights.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,247 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Was playing it offline this morning. Have a gunzerker at 66. Thinking of staring a new character. I'll join on you and let you power level me up if it's ok. I don't mind you doing all the work it'll be like when we ran the exotic swords strikes. :)

What's a good second character to have? I did the sniper guy before and liked him but he wasn't that strong for boss fights.

Zero is very powerful once you have him leveled up, been so long since I played I can't remember which skill tree is best now though. Pretty sure there's a tree focused on sniper rifles.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

They're remaking IT with the dude who directed Mama?
    That could be some scary sh!!

Bill Skarsgard will be the new Pennywise. Still can't top MrCurry though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Yeah I'm having some issue at the moment with it always showing me as playing offline and not able to open it up to anything but if we can get it working thats no problem dude :)

Not sure on the Chars, I only have the axe fella :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I can power level you much quicker if you're online just invite me to party chat or game (I have messages hidden)
    I have chars at 53 and 38 that could fly you up to say ~15-20

Maya. Solo or Co-Op, she's very handy if you go down either the "Motion" or "Harmony" skill trees (I've maxed out Harmony to get Scorn, and now am trying to reach 5xSub-Sequence from Motion)

It's an excellent support build and great for solo play too as your Super cooldown is fast compared to some other classes (13 seconds to start with.... 10 seconds if you put 5 points into Quicken. Mine is at like 8 seconds now cause I have a ~30% faster cooldown relic). That's like 2 Phaselocks for every Scorn use. It's bloody awesome.

Zero is great of you're playing in a group and you play cautiously/conservatively and pick your shots carefully.
    I made a bit of a mistake picking him for my "Proper" solo play through (I have 3 co-op characters) since he has no (?) Health-Regen perks.
    It's grand for 1-30, but I'm in TVHM now with him at 38 and it's pretty unforgiving.
    I've essentially stopped playing with him until I can get some of the other boards players to join me.

I've played with all 6 of them over 2 consoles and think my order would be kind of:
    • Siren
    • Gunzerker
    • Assassin (co-op)
    • Axton, Mechromancer (co-op)
    • Assassin (solo), Mechromancer (solo)
    • An old sock full of gone off oranges
    • Psycho
    Mickeroo wrote: »
    Zero is very powerful once you have him leveled up, been so long since I played I can't remember which skill tree is best now though. Pretty sure there's a tree focused on sniper rifles.

Yeah, he's pretty 'meh" from 1-25 or so, but starts to shine when you start stacking points in the end "Sniping" skill tree and get a decent class mod that works with that tree. After that he's great in a group, but Solo, you have to play so cautiously it almost ruins the games pacing a little bit. Now if I had a decent health regen Relic I'd probably feel different.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Gimli, it really depends on what play style you want and how far you want to take the character.

Zero and Krieg (that axe guy) are probably the most difficult to play. Gunzerker is the easiest.

Maya (siren) can be great fun and has points where she is very powerful. Also the best character to have in a co-op playthrough - being able to res players from afar is vital at times.

Axton is viable for nm and tvhm - can be tricky for him to solo the more difficult bits and uvhm. Can be great fun to do a build around explosive damage for him.

Gaige and her deathtrap can be fun.

Gaige and Krieg often "make" demands of others in co-op e.g. you may have to modify your skills to not ruin the skills of the other character. Gaige's screaming is a real pita towards end game. Unfortunately there is a bug where if you turn off character call outs, hers still persist. IMO Deathtrap is not as powerful as people make out compared to some of the other characters special skills. This can often be hidden in co-op when it is the others who are dealing out most of the damage.

If you let me know which character you are leaning towards then I can give you a more solid recommendation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Past those two werewolves on the bridge is the first boss. Go into the room to the left first as it allows you to unlock a very short route to there from the first bonfire.

Yup, got the shortcut opened. I can now sprint directly to the boss, got him down to 50% health last night before giving up.

I've run out of bullets, health kits, everything...

So I logged off and played around with my base in Fallout 4 instead :p

Cheers guys. Yeah I think Maya.

Cheers guys. Yeah I think Maya.

On a personal level, you would probably not enjoy playing Zero or Krieg at all

• Advertisement

Cormac... wrote: »
    On a personal level, you would probably not enjoy playing Zero or Krieg at all

Ah I played Zero on the PS3 and quite enjoyed it but I think you're right in that it became "challenging" and I lost interest.
    Need a break from Salvador all the shooting is giving me RSI.

Well it would be nice to have a 2nd Maya player in the chat to balance out the 10 Gunzerkers :P

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Well it would be nice to have a 2nd Maya player in the chat to balance out the 10 Gunzerkers :P

I have a Maya to balance out my 4 Gunzerkers :pac:

You can not really go far wrong with Maya imho Gimli. Great co-op character and hits some really sweet spots where she is very powerful (e.g. around 45 and again later on).

nocal wrote: »
    hits some really sweet spots where she is very powerful (e.g. around 45 and again later on).

Ever since I hit lvl ~45 and got that cooldown Relic I'm just like:
    "This is great, I'm having a great time, this build is great, borderlands is great, did I tell you guys about the great synergy I have on my Maya build? Relics are great, class mods are great, Claptrap is great"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

They're remaking IT with the dude who directed Mama?
    That could be some scary sh!!

Bit disappointing that it's looks like The Dark Tower adaptions take place after the books.

My playstation died last night. Completely dead. Put it on this morning and it worked. Having played a lot of TLOU yesterday I've been on an emotional rollercoaster.

Some dude gave me amazing weapons for my level 28ish Maya on Borderlands 2. They're exotic but at my level - not sure where he got them. He didn't have a mike, I didn't know how to duplicate weapons. Spent ages figuring it out.

I didn't know how to duplicate weapons. Spent ages figuring it out.

Here's how:
    • Ensure Weapon/Relic/Shield/Grenade/Class Mod you want to dupe is Unequipped
    • Go to Trade - Duel - Select relevant items
    • Equip said items on your character
    • Drop them all on the floor.
    • Walk out of the fighting dome for 5 seconds so you lose the duel and the other player gets the reward
    • Walk back in and pick up the items you dropped
    • Taa-daa

Anyway, I've a lvl40 Assassin if anyone is interested in doing the rest of TVHM together (40-50). Let me know and we can sync up to do a weekly run for a few hours.

Said I'd throw on Black Ops 3 there yesterday to kill like 45 mins while I was waiting to watch a show with the other half.

Normally I'd been playing Team Deathmatch just to get the hang of things and unlock guns and parts and learn maps yada yada.

Ended up trying Control in that for a while
    All I could think was "And i thought no-one on my team was capping B in Destiny", my god it was painful.
    I'm not even very good at the game and I was just in disbelief and how unhelpful my team mates were.

Can't be bothered with the amount of time it takes to unlock all the stuff in that game (all I wanted was that Tier 28 yoke that let's you have like 5 attachments on your primary gun)..... I'm on Lvl26 now and was just like "meh, I'm gonna sell this tomorrow"

Also Zombies is far too complicated.
    I really wanted to do the 4 rituals and get the pack a punch.
    Found playing Co-op actually made it harder, tried soloing it and fell down a hole in the final room :(

I used love COD. MW2 is still one of my favourite games. Really hate what they've done with the franchise, to the point of playing it makes me feel ill. What killed it for me though was every year the game getting hacked and the developers not caring (why would they, they want you to buy the next one)

I like the double jumping and wall running though to be perfectly honest.
    Did my whole build around that
    Trying to pretend I'm in Destiny

I can't stand how quickly I die to stuff when I haven't a clue where it's coming from

I pretty much just bought it for Zombies anyway but couldn't find people to play it with for love not money.

It seems if you're not playing for the 8-10 weeks when it's released, you're goosed.
    The Sub-forum here wasn't even any help in getting a group/clan/whatever,

Anyway, I know when I'm not wanted :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Ended up trying Control in that for a while
    All I could think was "And i thought no-one on my team was capping B in Destiny", my god it was painful.
    I'm not even very good at the game and I was just in disbelief and how unhelpful my team mates were.

Can't be bothered with the amount of time it takes to unlock all the stuff in that game (all I wanted was that Tier 28 yoke that let's you have like 5 attachments on your primary gun)..... I'm on Lvl26 now and was just like "meh, I'm gonna sell this tomorrow"

Control is NOT a good game mode for BLOPS3. The other version they have, HardPoint (there is only 1 control zone and it's only active for a couple of mins), I find to be better, though the game is completely geared towards TDM, and to a lesser extent S&D, which a lot of the YuToobers play.

I think I've hit lvl 49/50 in it. I'm not that good at it, and the thoughts of multiple Prestige's is fear inducing. Having played both Franchises (BF and COD), I think BF is the superior one. Loved playing BF3 on the 3, and will most probably pick up BF1 on release.

To be fair, I do hear a LOT of Love for BF4, and the announcement for BF 1 looks promising.

I'd love to be able to fly a helicopter in BF4

I like the double jumping and wall running though to be perfectly honest.
    Did my whole build around that
    Trying to pretend I'm in Destiny

I can't stand how quickly I die to stuff when I haven't a clue where it's coming from

I pretty much just bought it for Zombies anyway but couldn't find people to play it with for love not money.

It seems if you're not playing for the 8-10 weeks when it's released, you're goosed.
    The Sub-forum here wasn't even any help in getting a group/clan/whatever,

Anyway, I know when I'm not wanted :P
    I only got it for zombies too dude so whenever you want just let me know and I'll fire it on :)

Gimli - dupe gear is so easy. Thanks to Cormac I have some sweet weapons to keep me going. Up on level 39/40 now and doing as many side quests as I can then going to do all the dlc :) so anyone wants to join in can just jump in while I'm on :)

I have to say borderlands is hands down a bargain at 24 quid. The humour alone is brilliant. Between destiny, borderland and Witcher I spent 89 euro and I have to say I'm getting some serious value for money

I can jump in to help ya from 40-50 as I say (but we'd need to properly schedule it using the chat - that's what me, Cal and Conovar do - since having level differences just becomes really painful at that stage)

You either spend several hours not levelling up (when I jumped in with you, you were 33 I think, I was 39.3, you finished up at 37, I ended up at 39.8) cause you're too strong, or you spend hours getting insta-killed by stuff cause you are under levelled (that happened to ChunkyDave when he joined our UVHM run)

You should just park all the story stuff and and side missions you've done on your 1st play through now.
    You're doing yourself a disservice not doing the DLCs at this stage.

You should go to Oasis and try that Pirate one 1st, it's fairly forgiving thanks in part to it's huminoid enemies (fire damage)

I would imagine Dude, Solvable, Gimli or Dreadxe might be available to with characters creeping closer to ~40 odd.

Yeah I'm only popping the side quests I didn't do on first run for quick xp. I will give oasis a bash when I'm on later so and should be 41/42 tonight at least :)

Levelling starts to get considerably slower every 10 levels.

40-50 is a fair slog.

Lvl50+ UVHM means we're only levelling up 1 level every 2 or 3 hours now :o

Levelling starts to get considerably slower every 10 levels.

40-50 is a fair slog.

Lvl50+ UVHM means we're only levelling up 1 level every 2 or 3 hours now :o

I jumped on with randoms and they were doing the Pistol Pete bar XP run. One of the 72s had that rocketlauncher which name escapes me. I was only in there about 30 minutes and went from 65 to 70 or something stupid (several levels anyway).

The Norfleet is the RL I think

• Advertisement

Trying to Power level people can be a total mess though and totally takes from the game.

Like it's fine if you just want to boost a new character to lvl30. But beyond that......

Cal boosted ChunkyDave from like 49 to 51 or something recently but it took like 15-20 runs and about 40+ mins of the Bar Run )and meanwhile me and Conovar were just twiddling our thumbs and collecting the occasional bit of loot/torque tokens lol)

The games much better when you all plan to be online at the same time and you actually stick to it.
    That's my take on it anyway. 1-40 is all well and good. 40-55 is where it starts to slow down considerably

Did a ~6 hour run bank Holiday Sunday (8pm to 1:30am i think) and went from 53.6 to 55.3.... that's 1.7 levels in about 5 hours

Advertisement