Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tower Bar - Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

The quickest way to power level is the Rock, Paper, Genocide glitch.
    Basically you join a player with the mission still available and they glitch out of the map and get into the roof over Marcus' shooting range with the mission active. They equip an infinity pistol and just keep shooting the target. (They can put a rubber band on their controller and afk it).The other players just stand around the Fast Travel station in Sanctuary and do nothing. This is important as the host will definitely not want any of the side missions picked up.
    Takes maybe 90 minutes to level a character from low levels to 72.

I got one character levelled this way from 50 to 72 - was thinking I did not want to grind another toon through UVHM. The guy who was doing it set his lobby up and then went off to the store to do his grocery shopping.

On a side note...I really wish Cormac would teach me how to dupe weapons :pac:

If you want to dupe more than 4 weapons at a time: join the receivers game, drop all the items (making sure no-one goes through a save point) and then dashboard out. All the loot will remain in the receivers game and when you re-start you will still have your own gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

nocal wrote: »
    On a side note...I really wish Cormac would teach me how to dupe weapons :pac:

:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,666 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cormac... wrote: »
    :confused::confused::confused:
    Well in fairness, if you would show him how he might stop banging on about that double unkempt herald every two minutes!

Well in fairness, if you would show him how he might stop banging on about that double PENETRATING unkempt herald every two minutes!

FYP

At Cormac:
    Does :pac: not indicate I am joking? No?

At Cormac:
    Does :pac: not indicate I am joking? No?

I'm more than happy to dupe whatever anyone wants. No one ever asks me for anything.

I only never asked for a dupe of the DPUH cause then I felt like you'd win :P

I also felt like the Conference Call was a sufficient treat for hitting 50.

I'm going to farm some tokens and buy my own DPUH and it will be like lvl60, then you'll see! You'll See!!!!

RIP LvL50 Corrosive Conference Call, you will be missed :(

• Advertisement

I actually tend to go for the other variants of the Unkempt Harold - the DPUH just uses too many bullets.

I do have a lvl 56 Harold sitting on one of my characters....might break it out if things get too tough. Also, the Conference Call is one of the most fun weapons to use. But then, all of the really good shotguns are great fun to use.

Tbh I am bit sick of using the Harolds on every playthrough....but I just do not seem to be coming across any good guns on our current run....Is CDB still loot-ninja-ing our bling bling? :pac::pac::pac:

Oh, and I bet I have a level 61 DPUH sitting around somewhere. LVL 60 hmmmph. NOOOOOOB.

I haven't seen CDB playing in ages. Think he's playing the Witcher (?). It's hard to tell cause other people use his console/profile too I think.

Man I wish I could play me some Conker's Bad Fur Day Multiplayer again :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I haven't seen CDB playing in ages. Think he's playing the Witcher (?). It's hard to tell cause other people use his console/profile too I think.

But its definitely him moving to the groove of Just Dance 2016.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Im up on Level 41 and have done the Oasis DLC and started the torque DLC with Cormac last night. I have some good weapson for my level and an insane Rocket launcher :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Have my second character madly over levelled for it's first play through. Everything I kill is giving me 1-5 xp. Didn't realise you had to complete the game on each character before you unlock TVHM.
    Mostly my fault for following Jonny around for the easy xp.

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Im up on Level 41 and have done the Oasis DLC and started the torque DLC with Cormac last night. I have some good weapson for my level and an insane Rocket launcher :D

I can jump in later (10pm?) or so if you're on.

I have several good Exotics/Legendaries between 41 and 44 I can give you

You'll notice it gets much tougher now, can't be using lvl 36 Blues when you're lvl 41 etc... well unless it's a shotgun, in that case anything goes :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Have my second character madly over levelled for it's first play through. Everything I kill is giving me 1-5 xp. Didn't realise you had to complete the game on each character before you unlock TVHM.
    Mostly my fault for following Jonny around for the easy xp.

See.... you thought you were been sneaky :P
    I can jump in later (10pm?) or so if you're on.

I have several good Exotics/Legendaries between 41 and 44 I can give you

You'll notice it gets much tougher now, can't be using lvl 36 Blues when you're lvl 41 etc... well unless it's a shotgun, in that case anything goes :pac:

Happy days dude, I shall be on tonight playing a bit alright :D

Lads,

I've been noticing more and more NAT issues in Destiny and a few strange happenings in Borderlands now too. I can only attribute it to been on Wifi in the house. So I am looking at getting myself a set of homeplugs and not break the bank that I can have pretty quick.

I've come across these:

http://www.freetv.ie/200mbps-homeplugs.html

or

http://www.currys.ie/Product/tplink-tlpa411kit-av500-powerline-adapter-kit-twin-pack/316975/400.7.5

or

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4273888/Trail/searchtext%3EHOMEPLUGS.htm

Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

You've gone and done it now jonny, it'll be like the ps4 headset all over again.

dudeeile wrote: »
    You've gone and done it now jonny, it'll be like the ps4 headset all over again.

Im all good for a headset but I did see a Turtle Beach wireless for 50 odd euro earlier that might tempt me :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00DEYDF8I/ref=pe_385721_127938071_TE_dp_1

got these - 2 sets actually - they're great - I'm sure Dave could fill you in if he is online. Iv'e to get back to work now :(

No idea on homeplugs as my PS4 sits right beside my router. Though I have had to put my PS4 into my routers DMZ to optimize my experience and reduce the amount of NAT issues I get. This is a pain as it means I can not use my phone as a netflix remote or spotify remote on my PS4. I also have to factory re-set my router every few months and re-configure the DMZ.

If you are using port forwarding, then Borderlands does require and additional port to be forwarded as far as I can re-call. Also - the networking side of BL2 is a bit finnicky - if the game is having network issues, it generally requires a re-start of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

PlainP wrote: »
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00DEYDF8I/ref=pe_385721_127938071_TE_dp_1

got these - 2 sets actually - they're great - I'm sure Dave could fill you in if he is online. Iv'e to get back to work now :(

My name's not Dave but I have those and they work a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Lads,

I've been noticing more and more NAT issues in Destiny and a few strange happenings in Borderlands now too. I can only attribute it to been on Wifi in the house. So I am looking at getting myself a set of homeplugs and not break the bank that I can have pretty quick.

I've come across these:

http://www.freetv.ie/200mbps-homeplugs.html
    or
    http://www.currys.ie/Product/tplink-tlpa411kit-av500-powerline-adapter-kit-twin-pack/316975/400.7.5
    or
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4273888/Trail/searchtext%3EHOMEPLUGS.htm

Any suggestions?

Quick question. Do you have your PC next to your PS? If so, and you'd like both wired, go for a set of plugs that have 2 ports. Otherwise, from that list, Id go for the TPLinks.

I have a set of Devolo and my PS4 connection went from 26Mbs wireless to 47Mbs wired, and I have the PC hooked up to the same plug. So long as the house only has the one fuse box, your good to go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

Sorry Fieldog (Dave) ... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I am Dave and I say these work a treat also......

:)

Yeah Jonny you can opt for these if you want a WiFi one, or if you want Ethernet one's also...

Just make sure the house has decent wiring as it won't work otherwise...

These don't work at all in my mother's house but do in mine....

FWIW: You can't have 2 separate set of home plugs going at the same time cause of..... electricity reasons.....

On a related note, this reminds me I need to put my 1st set up on Adverts or something. Cause it's pointless having a set with 1 cable socket, and a set with 3 cable sockets.

No idea on homeplugs as my PS4 sits right beside my router. Though I have had to put my PS4 into my routers DMZ to optimize my experience and reduce the amount of NAT issues I get. This is a pain as it means I can not use my phone as a netflix remote or spotify remote on my PS4. I also have to factory re-set my router every few months and re-configure the DMZ.

If you are using port forwarding, then Borderlands does require and additional port to be forwarded as far as I can re-call. Also - the networking side of BL2 is a bit finnicky - if the game is having network issues, it generally requires a re-start of the game.

Yeah I used to do the DMZ thing but its a pain in the hole so I am going to try this out :D The BL2 issues were that it had me offline most of the time for no reason.

Grand job :D
    Quick question. Do you have your PC next to your PS? If so, and you'd like both wired, go for a set of plugs that have 2 ports. Otherwise, from that list, Id go for the TPLinks.

I have a set of Devolo and my PS4 connection went from 26Mbs wireless to 47Mbs wired, and I have the PC hooked up to the same plug. So long as the house only has the one fuse box, your good to go.

Yup I have my PC beside the PS4 and both are running wireless at the moment. I can only have 1 or the other on at any given time or else my room would be worse than a sauna so having one port is fine at the moment :D

The house is only built about 8 years ago and one fuse box so should be good to go :D
    Fieldog wrote: »
    I am Dave and I say these work a treat also......

Yeah Jonny you can opt for these if you want a WiFi one, or if you want Ethernet one's also...

Just make sure the house has decent wiring as it won't work otherwise...

These don't work at all in my mother's house but do in mine....

Argos do returns :P
    FWIW: You can't have 2 separate set of home plugs going at the same time cause of..... electricity reasons.....

On a related note, this reminds me I need to put my 1st set up on Adverts or something. Cause it's pointless having a set with 1 cable socket, and a set with 3 cable sockets.

Yeah I only want the set for my room, everyone else can sign for it haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

So I am looking at getting myself a set of homeplugs and not break the bank that I can have pretty quick.

Any suggestions?

Yup I have my PC beside the PS4 and both are running wireless at the moment. I can only have 1 or the other on at any given time or else my room would be worse than a sauna so having one port is fine at the moment :D

It might be worth getting a set with two ports anyway then, saves fidling with changing the cabe from the back of 1 system to the back of another. They wouldn't be that much more expensive.

It might be worth getting a set with two ports anyway then, saves fidling with changing the cabe from the back of 1 system to the back of another. They wouldn't be that much more expensive.

Yeah im looking on argos here but cant tell which has 2 ports :(

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

I have the AV500 Starter Kit, gives you wifi and 2 ethernet ports. Think I got it for 50 quid.

Here ya go

• Advertisement

Thanks dude, they didnt show up under the search at first. I have them reserved to be collected on my way home this evening :D

Advertisement