Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tower Bar - Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Thanks dude, they didnt show up under the search at first. I have them reserved to be collected on my way home this evening :D

No problem at all.

You'll now be able to download all these much quicker now........ ;)

NSFW

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

No problem at all.

You'll now be able to download all these much quicker now........ ;)

NSFW

I only download all them when im in work......... my home internet is purely for entertainment purposes only :P

I only download all them when im in work......... my home internet is purely for entertainment purposes only :P

Hey, they ARE entertainment, once you know what your doing

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Hey, they ARE entertainment, once you know what your doing

Ill leave that up to you so :P

I know a few of you guys watched the flash, what did yis think of the end of season 2?

Im just trying to get through the last of season 4 of arrow at the moment and I seen silicon valley has a new season I have to catch up on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Silicon Valley is very good. 10/10 Cormacs would recommend

• Advertisement

Cormac... wrote: »

My name is Gowel, and I endorse this statement.

My name is Gowel, and I endorse this statement.

I got watching it about this time last year and loved it, cant wait now to watch some more and see whats going on with them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

FWIW: You can't have 2 separate set of home plugs going at the same time cause of..... electricity reasons.....

On a related note, this reminds me I need to put my 1st set up on Adverts or something. Cause it's pointless having a set with 1 cable socket, and a set with 3 cable sockets.

I have 2 sets going fine?

I thought the DL would drop massively if both of us were on at once but it hasn't made a difference....

• Registered Users Posts: 45,668 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Ill leave that up to you so :P

I know a few of you guys watched the flash, what did yis think of the end of season 2?

Im just trying to get through the last of season 4 of arrow at the moment and I seen silicon valley has a new season I have to catch up on :D
    Not sure on the ending of flash. It should have massive consequences for flash obviously, but also arrow, legends of tomorrow and maybe supergirl too - and that would be tough to do over the four shows so it'll be a watered down version of what it could be. Barry Allen is a jerk, to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Finally started The Last of Us. It took me a while but I have found out that my destiny tactics of going in guns blazing ain't going to work so well in this game. Those clickers are annoying as f**k.

• Advertisement

nevelator wrote: »
    Finally started The Last of Us. It took me a while but I have found out that my destiny tactics of going in guns blazing ain't going to work so well in this game. Those clickers are annoying as f**k.

Tactics wise, it's more Original Splinter Cell than anything else.

The game itself is just beautifully executed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'm actually playing it again. If you play it on the harder levels it's like a different game. It has its faults but like Solveable says it's just brilliantly executed. You really care about the characters

gimli2112 wrote: »
    You really care about the characters

Oh god. The very first act, when that bastard soldier did what he did, I had to put the controller down. Even now, watching someones first playthrough on youtube, that scene still gets me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Oh god. The very first act, when that bastard soldier did what he did, I had to put the controller down. Even now, watching someones first playthrough on youtube, that scene still gets me.

Every cutscene in the game is well executed. Restaurant scene is my most memorable.

Every cutscene in the game is well executed. Restaurant scene is my most memorable.

The bit that blew me away was ... Spoiler for Nev

Spoiler tags don't work for me??

It was the bit when Joel and two thugs were in a room. Ellie was missing.

I'd like to think I'd be like Joel in a Post Apocalyptic world.

Not sure on the ending of flash. It should have massive consequences for flash obviously, but also arrow, legends of tomorrow and maybe supergirl too - and that would be tough to do over the four shows so it'll be a watered down version of what it could be. Barry Allen is a jerk, to be honest!

Yeah hes a jerk but I dont think it will have too much of an effect on next season or on the rest of the universe. Probably say it was all a dream or on another earth or something :P

Did you not try your other tactic? the blue orb one :P
    gimli2112 wrote: »
    The bit that blew me away was ... Spoiler for Nev

Spoiler tags don't work for me??

It was the bit when Joel and two thugs were in a room. Ellie was missing.

I'd like to think I'd be like Joel in a Post Apocalyptic world.

Does anything work for you? :P

Does anything work for you? :P

Alcohol. :rolleyes:

Alcohol. :rolleyes:

That works for everyone tho :P

That works for everyone tho :P

80f734a1cb9f77c96b12ab863ed856a7.jpg

Homer_beerquote.0.gif

59517-Expand-my-brain-learning-juice-6QN5.jpeg

• Advertisement

Oh yeah, I forgot to say.... I picked up the homeplugs last night on the way home from work and what a difference they make. First of all my speeds were showing as 20 down and about 5up. When i got them setup then it was 90down and 15up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

2 Spaces for Borderlands 2 run later today. At about level 27.5 (i think), hopefully will kill the Warrior and be level 30 or whatever but the time we warp up at 11ish. Will be on sometime around 8.30ish

2 Spaces for Borderlands 2 run later today. At about level 27.5 (i think), hopefully will kill the Warrior and be level 30 or whatever but the time we warp up at 11ish. Will be on sometime around 8.30ish

Well im level 44 now :( unless I get a new char and get someone to bump me all the way up to your level by then :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Oh yeah, I forgot to say.... I picked up the homeplugs last night on the way home from work and what a difference they make. First of all my speeds were showing as 20 down and about 5up. When i got them setup then it was 90down and 15up :D

Which is why they were narrow minded not having either console being wireless ac compliant. Doesn't help that the PS4 isn't dual band for wireless like the Xbox either.

Which is why they were narrow minded not having either console being wireless ac compliant. Doesn't help that the PS4 isn't dual band for wireless like the Xbox either.

Yeah, but the thing is that the wireless was flawless for the last year up until about 3 weeks ago. Well I will recommend homeplugs forever more now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Yeah, but the thing is that the wireless was flawless for the last year up until about 3 weeks ago. Well I will recommend homeplugs forever more now :D

Could have been interference. If one of your neighbours is using the same channel as you it weakens the signal.

Could have been interference. If one of your neighbours is using the same channel as you it weakens the signal.

No it wasnt interference, Only 2 or the neighbours have wifi and one of them has been off for the last couple of weeks while they are away so only had one wifi to contend with an no channel made a difference at all :) My PC wireless was always perfect tho so its the PS4.

Time for some ferberl.

So I have completed the story in BL2 for the 2nd time and started out on UVHM......... why oh why did I do this... Im getting my ass handed to me now haha

• Advertisement

So I have completed the story in BL2 for the 2nd time and started out on UVHM......... why oh why did I do this... Im getting my ass handed to me now haha

I've started a third character for some reason

Advertisement