Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tower Bar - Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

jonnycivic wrote: »
    So I have completed the story in BL2 for the 2nd time and started out on UVHM......... why oh why did I do this... Im getting my ass handed to me now haha

UVHM is kind of kicking our butts too (or at least it was till Cal got us a levelled up Unkept Harold), it's much harder than TVHM. Especially if you're playing a Psycho.

You should look at joining Randoms or having randoms join you by messing about in the main menu. Might make life a lot easier since you're in a group.

I mean if you manage to catch up with us 3 you can join in, we're level 57 now.

The whole thing about UVHM is your gun levels need to be really close to your actual level. You can't really be lvl 53 and using lvl 49 weapons unless it's an excellent exotic (like the one I duped for you The Conference Call)

Like, you'll notice that if you have 2 guns of the same type with 1 level difference, the newer one is like 1.5x the damage.

Gun @ 50 = 20k damage
    Gun @ 51 = 30k damage
    Gun @ 52 = 45K damage

And so on, I would just use like 1 or 2 golden keys as soon as you level up.
    Also look into someway of regaining health
    gimli2112 wrote: »
    I've started a third character for some reason

I was there for this, you were drunk

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Cormac... wrote: »
    I was there for this, you were drunk

I know, thanks for the levelling up and the gunzerker rant. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

UVHM is kind of kicking our butts too (or at least it was till Cal got us a levelled up Unkept Harold), it's much harder than TVHM. Especially if you're playing a Psycho.

You should look at joining Randoms or having randoms join you by messing about in the main menu. Might make life a lot easier since you're in a group.

I mean if you manage to catch up with us 3 you can join in, we're level 57 now.

The whole thing about UVHM is your gun levels need to be really close to your actual level. You can't really be lvl 53 and using lvl 49 weapons unless it's an excellent exotic (like the one I duped for you The Conference Call)

Like, you'll notice that if you have 2 guns of the same type with 1 level difference, the newer one is like 1.5x the damage.

Gun @ 50 = 20k damage
    Gun @ 51 = 30k damage
    Gun @ 52 = 45K damage

And so on, I would just use like 1 or 2 golden keys as soon as you level up.
    Also look into someway of regaining health

Yeah everything I have is level 50 bar the slag gun you done for me. I got an Orange Grenade and Shield from the Warrior :D

I will join in on a randoms game and see how I get on later on :)

I know, thanks for the levelling up and the gunzerker rant. :)

This is going to become one of those things.

"Hey, cool, you started playing, welcome to Borderland.... now I'm not saying Gunzerkers are bad..... but I'll now go on a 2 hour rant about the abundance of Gunzerkers"

Was playing with Johnny at some stage, him as a Psycho, me as an Assassin. We had no health regen. We missed a Siren pretty badly. Heck even an ole turret thrower would have been nice

Yeah everything I have is level 50 bar the slag gun you done for me. I got an Orange Grenade and Shield from the Warrior :D

I will join in on a randoms game and see how I get on later on :)

99% of them seem to be fighting terramorphus. I played a good bit with randoms - community is pretty helpful. It's generally Americans as that's the time I tend to play.

• Advertisement

Oh, and in UVHM, you can't NOT slag stuff.

Get Slag grenades with a low fuse time or some decent Slag Weapons (like the Slagga pity the one I duped you is still lvl41 so won't do much damage themselves.) and use them. Or look into getting some class specific Slag Perks

It's the main thing I realised. Likewoise you can get by 1-30 without using Electricity weapons, but 30-50 you need to use them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Oh, and in UVHM, you can't NOT slag stuff.

Get Slag grenades with a low fuse time or some decent Slag Weapons (like the Slagga pity the one I duped you is still lvl41 so won't do much damage themselves.) and use them. Or look into getting some class specific Slag Perks

It's the main thing I realised. Likewoise you can get by 1-30 without using Electricity weapons, but 30-50 you need to use them.

Yeah slagging is very important, I have a couple of nice level 50 weapons. I just need sanctuary back so I can hit the chest haha

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Tactics wise, it's more Original Splinter Cell than anything else.

The game itself is just beautifully executed.

Finished TLOU over the weekend...really well put-together game. Avoiding spoilers for all this time was well worth it. Also played the DLC which fitted in perfectly with the story.
    Next up, is to finish Fallout 4.

Have a level 70 gunzerker in UVHM and never knew you couldn't slag enemies. Can I drop my dual wield slag pistol?

Sorry misread your post. Double negative confused me.

Worst part of UVHM is trying to keep your shield the same level as you so you end up using rubbish shields you wouldn't have used otherwise :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

nevelator wrote: »
    Finished TLOU over the weekend...really well put-together game. Avoiding spoilers for all this time was well worth it. Also played the DLC which fitted in perfectly with the story.

Completed TLOU myself and just started a + game. It's well worth while trying it on the hardest difficulty setting once. It's actually quite stressful. You're overjoyed when you find a piece of cloth or 1/2 a scissors.

Depends on how you define "finish"

I got really fed up with Act 2 after enjoying Acxt 1. Sold the game so I wouldn't be tempted to buy the Season Pass (plus was still worth €40 at the time, so I got my moneys worth).

Now I can just wait till all 6 current (maybe more in future) DLC packs and re-buy it if I like.

Enjoying having to f**k around with the super cr@ppy UI that is the Pip boy :pac: Destiny will ruin UIs for you.
    Here's a catchphrase you'll find yourself saying
    "Why can't I compare gear properly?"

Still a fun game, but I could not be f**ked with getting Platnium etc.
    Plus I don't get the whole "build a settlement" thing.
    Would rather play the Sims or Stronghold or something for the kind of thing

Oh, and don't bother trying to be a Jack of All trades type player
    Pick 1 main gan type and sink all them precious points into it. I went with "Commando" or "Marksman" or something.
    And then went all in with Gun Nut and Armourer and Science so I could build awesome Weapon and Armour mods.
    That made things a lot more fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

You are at a really difficult point in the game jonnycivic for a psycho. But you are only a few levels away from being able to re-spec him and make him a more viable option again. I can not remember where, but it is somewhere in the 50's. You can have a fairly awesome build by level 61.

For all characters, you hit difficult points and you hit points where you need to re-set your skill tree as you now have enough skill points to get a better build.

For UVHM you will need to pay attention to weapons and shields and ensure you are regularly farming the top tier items for your character. Check out the BL2 official forums for some good advice on the best weapons and builds if you have not already done so.

UVHM will hand your ass to you - but if you approach it right you can overcome it.

Or just create another gunzerker for the easy mode run through of it. Cormac loves gunzerkers and I would hate to see him have to live in a world with one less gunzerker.

*Clicks Fingers*

*Clicks Fingers*

*Clicks Fingers*

Every second, over 4 thousand players start a Borderlands 2 playthrough as a Gunzerker

*Clicks Fingers*

By the time you finish listening to this advert another 45 thousand Gunzerkers will have been created.

*Clicks Fingers*

And only 6 Sirens

*Clicks Fingers*

Please give what you can to "In need of Sirens"

*Clicks Fingers*

Before it's too late

Louder, more dramatic finger click, black screen

nocal wrote: »
    You are at a really difficult point in the game jonnycivic for a psycho. But you are only a few levels away from being able to re-spec him and make him a more viable option again. I can not remember where, but it is somewhere in the 50's. You can have a fairly awesome build by level 61.

For all characters, you hit difficult points and you hit points where you need to re-set your skill tree as you now have enough skill points to get a better build.

For UVHM you will need to pay attention to weapons and shields and ensure you are regularly farming the top tier items for your character. Check out the BL2 official forums for some good advice on the best weapons and builds if you have not already done so.

UVHM will hand your ass to you - but if you approach it right you can overcome it.

Or just create another gunzerker for the easy mode run through of it. Cormac loves gunzerkers and I would hate to see him have to live in a world with one less gunzerker.

Yeah on my first run it was takingforever to kill anything and I respecced my stats now and it was more bareable to play then but as it was getting late I just turned off and went to bed so I will see if I can progress anymore later on before I join others :) I'm determined to get through this solo again tho. On this play through I will be farming for the good weapons tho :P

Yeah on my first run it was takingforever to kill anything and I respecced my stats now and it was more bareable to play then but as it was getting late I just turned off and went to bed so I will see if I can progress anymore later on before I join others :) I'm determined to get through this solo again tho. On this play through I will be farming for the good weapons tho :P

Krieg is definitely the hardest to get through UVHM solo with.

I used to always do the Torgue DLC early on - tokens can be farmed and unkempt harolds can be bought. I can drop you a few to help out if you need.

I used to always do the Torgue DLC early on - tokens can be farmed and unkempt harolds can be bought. I can drop you a few to help out if you need.

I must actually try the DLC out now and see how it plays for me. I have about 140 torque token thingys i think at the moment and never really used them before tbh.

I have a ton of OP stuff that people dropped me. Where do I go to get OP?

Can Confirm, Unkept Harold is Bae (look at me internetting)

Best 4 guns of the game (if I had to create a dream load out)

Level 25 Dobby Lyudmila
    Level 41 Aggressive Slagga
    Level 50 Conference Call
    Level 56 Unkept Harold

Honerable mention for the Nutralising Hornet that got me through the end of the Oasis DLC.

It's like when you're a kid making your best 11 players on a copy book :D
    I must actually try the DLC out now and see how it plays for me. I have about 140 torque token thingys i think at the moment and never really used them before tbh.

You can actually go back into TVHM and far them there instead of doing the Torque DLC on UVHM.

Theres' like 5 missions that have Tier 3s that are repeatable

Can Confirm, Unkept Harold is Bae (look at me internetting)

Best 4 guns of the game (if I had to create a dream load out)

Level 25 Dobby Lyudmila
    Level 41 Aggressive Slagga
    Level 50 Conference Call
    Level 56 Unkept Harold

Honerable mention for the Nutralising Hornet that got me through the end of the Oasis DLC.

It's like when you're a kid making your best 11 players on a copy book :D

I have the slagga and the Conf Call. What I might do is get myself up to level with you guys, then create my new players..... Siren and Gunzerker are my next 2 players :)

• Advertisement

You can actually go back into TVHM and far them there instead of doing the Torque DLC on UVHM.

Theres' like 5 missions that have Tier 3s that are repeatable

How do I go back to TVHM?? I was looking for that last night as I wanted to do a few more things in there last night before UHVM.

I have a ton of OP stuff that people dropped me. Where do I go to get OP?

When you hit 72, each time you run the raid on digistruct peak you go up an op level. First 4 levels are easy. You will have to gear up at OP5 and OP7 as a minimum to be able to get through them. Also, bring a team.

How do I go back to TVHM?? I was looking for that last night as I wanted to do a few more things in there last night before UHVM.

When selecting the character with triangle there should be an option

Hit triangle, reload character, select TVHM when you select play.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Completed TLOU myself and just started a + game. It's well worth while trying it on the hardest difficulty setting once. It's actually quite stressful. You're overjoyed when you find a piece of cloth or 1/2 a scissors.

Don't think that I could handle grounded - but might try it on survivor. I used the listening...a lot, so it'll be interesting to see how I get on without it.
    Depends on how you define "finish"

Finish the main game will do me...for now. Still have GTA 5, AC Black flag, and Far cry 4 to play.

Don't think that I could handle grounded - but might try it on survivor. I used the listening...a lot, so it'll be interesting to see how I get on without it.

I played the hardest mode on the PS3 (I think) but if they added in a harder mode in the remastered version I don't think I did it. Whatever mode it was there were points I was thinking "Why am I doing this to myself"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I played the hardest mode on the PS3 (I think) but if they added in a harder mode in the remastered version I don't think I did it. Whatever mode it was there were points I was thinking "Why am I doing this to myself"

Grounded isn't actually much harder than Survivor. Helps to know the glitches for infinite scissors/duct tape and to bring all your upgrades into your run if you are having problems.

Hardest part of the game on Grounded was probably
    the financial district in Pittsburgh

• Registered Users Posts: 45,668 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Grounded isn't actually much harder than Survivor. Helps to know the glitches for infinite scissors/duct tape and to bring all your upgrades into your run if you are having problems.

Hardest part of the game on Grounded was probably
    the financial district in Pittsburgh

"Not that hard, helps if you cheat."

Cool story.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Cool story.

It isn't hard outside of managing your resources. Those glitches aren't magic either, having a maxed character will make it easier but not by much. By the time you play Grounded not having listen mode isn't much of a handicap either as you should have knowledge of patrol routes etc from your previous runs.

• Advertisement

Cool story.

What with our recent BL2 antics I think we have relinquished our ability to look down on others for cheating :o

Advertisement