Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tower Bar - Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

For any of ye who miss grinding.

meangirlsraiseyourhands_zps40a2b63f.gif~c200

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Think I'll give this a go https://steelraven7.itch.io/ravenfield

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

dudeeile wrote: »
    Think I'll give this a go https://steelraven7.itch.io/ravenfield

Looks more enjoyable than Uncharted 4 Multiplayer.

If I could replay Conkers Bad Fur Day MP or Timesplitters 2 or 3 MP I would :D

What little of UC4 multiplayer I did play I actually enjoyed. They just released some dlc for UC4 which has co-op modes on MP maps, haven't tried it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Looks more enjoyable than Uncharted 4 Multiplayer.

If I could replay Conkers Bad Fur Day MP or Timesplitters 2 or 3 MP I would :D

4 player with bots, bricks only ftw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Question for ye peeps. My mate brought her bf a Steam voucher on online. It appears that it's for PC. Can it be used against steam on Xbox?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,250 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

PetKing wrote: »
    Question for ye peeps. My mate brought her bf a Steam voucher on online. It appears that it's for PC. Can it be used against steam on Xbox?

Steam isn't on xbox.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Steam on xbox???

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Oh guys dude found Battleborn in gamestop for less than a fiver :P

The world must be ending :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Thanks for the info! Good to know.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the info! Good to know.

There is a way to stream it thru the xbox alright but steam is PC only :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,684 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

in case anyone is interested, the nacon revolution (PS4 'Elite' pad, or one of them) is now on sale on Amazon.co.uk.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01NBKW254/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1482510349&sr=8-1&keywords=nacon+revolution

I couldn't help it and ordered one. I reckon I am guaranteed to be out playing Generic next time I come up against his blinking dodging accurate shooting warlock mofo...... or it might even enable me to play (and not stink) as more than Pharah on Overwatch.

I'm expecting big things of this controller. I believe the standard, or noob, if you will, button configuration is what is holding me back from pub stomping and boards stoming - this controller is going to change my gaming life, mediocrity to steamer level. I'M COMING FOR ALL Y'ALL. ONE vs ONE ME B1TCH3S!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

To much like the Xbox controller which I never liked in that the analog stick and d-pad are in the wrong spots. 0/10 won't be buying.

To much like the Xbox controller which I never liked in that the analog stick and d-pad are in the wrong spots. 0/10 won't be buying.

Exact reason I prefer this one over the other, analog position is far better than ps configuration, imo.

Got the Nacon Revolution pad today - trying to train myself to a new button cofiguration (have mapped jump to far right and reload to far left; have crouch inner right and weapon swap inner left). Its mainly jumping without leaving the right analog that I am trying to get used to. Keep hitting the additional buttons instead of L2 and R2. Will take a bit of getting used to - only being practicing (in partrol/archons forge) for about an hour

How does the unit feel to hold? Good quality build?

I still wish Sony would release an in-house pro controller, like the Scuff. Keep the form factor of the controller with paddles underneath.

Build quality feels absolutely fine. I don't find the inner button clicks comfortable to get to, but the outer ones are almost too well placed/easy - I kwwp hitting them from simply squeezing/holding the controller, though I don't think that will take long to adjust to.

Also not sure about the triggers/bumpers at the top, but that could just be because they are different to the PS4 standard controller - and also I am trying to adjust to the new buttons which is messing a bit with my head. I keep hitting the triggers or the inner buttons when I want to be hitting the others. Muscle memory is a b1tch!

Also - the right analog is about the same size as the standard controller so the kontrol freak grips fit on top just fine, but the diameter of the left stick is slight smaller - so the kontrol freak grip doesn't clip on to it, the size difference couldn't be more minimal but its there, and means the KF grip just won't stay on the left. Ah well.

Overall I do like the controller - i'll stick with it for a while and see how it goes. I found may aiming was off when I was practicing with it but I do think it is currently down to trying to adjust to the new buttons and it not being natural yet.

It doesn't feel like the cheap 3rd party controllers I would have got years back for other consoles - you know the one the guest was lumped with (every gamer house had at least one!), it feels a well made pad, but the different ergonomics and additional buttons are making the change a bit hard to call so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,361 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

My wife bought me the EMiO Elite controller for Christmas. For the life of me, I can't get it to work. I don't know if the issue is related to its Bluetooth connection (which requires a dongle for some reason), but there is terrible latency when it registers input. Completely unplayable.

Doesn't help that the company has no troubleshooting guide on their site.

Edit: having read more Amazon reviews, this is a common problem. Controller shall be returned. Avoid.

On the Nacon revolution.... The rumble in the pad is terrible. Just an unsubtle droning feel, have it down near the lowest setting cause normal was utterly unplayable, but it still is crap. Will be turning out off.

My wife bought me the EMiO Elite controller for Christmas. For the life of me, I can't get it to work. I don't know if the issue is related to its Bluetooth connection (which requires a dongle for some reason), but there is terrible latency when it registers input. Completely unplayable.

Doesn't help that the company has no troubleshooting guide on their site.

Edit: having read more Amazon reviews, this is a common problem. Controller shall be returned. Avoid.

With a 9ft charging lead I'd leave it plugged in and if there is still lag then return :)

• Advertisement

Starting to get used to the new pad - still finding aiming a bit off and I need to check the sensitivity of the triggers - sometimes shooting doesn't seem to happen... maybe that is a pad issue. Had a nice kill last night through jumping and turning at the same time, and smacking an icarus helped headshot in the guy that was after me. Felt niiiiiiiiiiice. I think playing as a nightstalker, with O mapped, would be the other main benefit for Destiny. not tried it yet. Do find I am getting a lot more comfortable at jumping around the map.

This War of Mine: The Little Ones is Free on PS Plus now.

Go get it and play it, it's spectacularly done.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ie/games/this-war-of-mine-the-little-ones/cid=EP4062-CUSA02646_00-THISWAROFMINEG01

This War of Mine: The Little Ones is Free on PS Plus now.

Go get it and play it, it's spectacularly done.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ie/games/this-war-of-mine-the-little-ones/cid=EP4062-CUSA02646_00-THISWAROFMINEG01

Yea but it's so goddamn hard.

dudeeile wrote: »
    Yea but it's so goddamn hard.

It's very hard alright. Especially the Winter playthroughs and the ones where you don't have 3-4 adults -_-

Day of the Tentacle is in there also. A fantastic game (at least it was on PC back in the day).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Day of the Tentacle is in there also. A fantastic game (at least it was on PC back in the day).

You can still play Maniac Mansion via the ingame easter egg too.

Battleborn, while no Overwatch, was Definitely worth the €5

Myself, Rossi, Dude, Totz and Jonny had a 3-4 hours with it last night and it was blast.

PvE stuff is interesting enough mechanically and dialogue wise to be worthwhile (we did 2/8 missions) they took ~45 mins (with a fe fails)

PvP is confusing (modes vary and theres a few maps) but once you get into the sing of it, it's serviceable and enjoyable enough.

Can't see myself platniuming it or putting 100's of hours in, but could see myself getting like 4 - 8 sittings out of the game if there's a group going. Which for a fiver, is awesome.

Top twitch stream (not me) last night when we were playing (I threw on my stream for the laugh) was 17 viewers, so I this could well be my path to making millions sitting on my ar$e :D

Well in fairness we so far have paid 1 euro per hour of gameplay :D

Its a small bit confusing at first but when you start understanding your character and levelling them up its a good laugh. I can see me playing a few play throughs of it tbh especially since its a 5 player co-op im sure we will have loads of different groups playing it now :D

Now onto the next topic lads:

Which PS4 Elite pad should I go for...... Nacon or Razer?? (Tax man is giving me 300 back for medical expenses so im treating myself)
    Personally I like the layout of the Nacon, I think the xbox style is brilliant for gaming but those triggers/stumps on the back of it dont look too handy to get too. The only real issue I have with the Razer is the top extra buttons are by the shoulder buttons so I know im going to hit off them alot.

Conovar and JCD could have a debate.

But JCD would probably get banned before it finished ;-;

• Advertisement

Conovar and JCD could have a debate.

But JCD would probably get banned before it finished ;-;

His sub would run out before he gave his verdict :pac:

Most reviews im seeing are leaning towards the Nacon so im conflicted at the moment :(

Advertisement